Justice is awake on Saturday.

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time
SGT Supporter: Yes

Justice is awake on Saturday.

Post by Bob R » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:17 pm

This is really big, even though it is in the other Washington.

This opinion was handed down this afternoon.
In light of Heller, McDonald, and their progeny, there is no longer any basis on which this Court can conclude that the District of Columbia’s total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny. Therefore, the Court finds that the District of Columbia’s complete ban on the carrying of handguns in public is unconstitutional. Accordingly, the Court grants Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment and enjoins Defendants from enforcing the home limitations of D.C. Code § 7-2502.02(a)(4) and enforcing D.C. Code § 22-4504(a) unless and until such time as the District of Columbia adopts a licensing mechanism consistent with constitutional standards enabling people to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.4 Furthermore, this injunction prohibits the District from completely banning the carrying of handguns in public for self-defense by otherwise qualified non-residents based solely on the fact that they are not residents of the District.
http://alangura.com/

If you want to read the actual decision;

http://alangura.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... PINION.pdf

This should have some of the talking heads on MSNBC and CNN exploding tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Re: Justice is awake on Saturday.

Post by scrappy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Hooray!!!!!
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

Dizzle2269
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: AR-15

Post by Dizzle2269 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 am

I just saw this online myself. Great news!
"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by scrappy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-weis ... 26590.html

Well the HuffPo sure doesnt seem to be too appreciative of the courts decision. Liked this paragraph....

"Wow! Talk about a gift. If this ruling is not challenged and overthrown, Palmer vs. DC paves the way for the gun lobby to get what it has always wanted, namely, national concealed-carry without having to pass a federal law at all. Every year pro-gun senators and congressmen routinely file bills that call for a reciprocal concealed-carry, much in the same way that a driver's license issued by any one state is valid in every state jurisdiction in the land. Such laws have never gotten to the floor of either chamber for a vote, but Judge Scullin's decision may nullify the need to travel down this legal avenue any more."

So the only way back to any sensibility is to see this over turned......nice. Thought it was finaly going the right direction, for a change. Funny though how they seem so upset over the idea of citizens carrying a gun in the absense of federal law controling it.

This article from 1892 makes an interesting contrast to our current state of affairs in DC

http://www.jstor.org/stable/3305691

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by scrappy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 pm

I am at something of a loss regarding the lack of commentary on this topic. I would have thought that I would read a chorus of cheers from the crowd. This is a properly huge decision and it went entirely the right way for those who understand the situation we face. I raise my glass none the less!

Dizzle2269
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: AR-15

Post by Dizzle2269 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:59 pm

IMO, SGT has just been incredibly slow lately, as in very little activity. Pretty sure the very nice weather may have something to do with that! ;) :D
"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

voodoodog1
Gun Trader
City: Springdale Wa.
Favorite Firearm: All Firearms
Next Firearm: N/A
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by voodoodog1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 am

We must give our (prioritized) support to groups like the "Second Amendment Foundation" who is listed as a plaintiff in this case! They are truly fighting the battle for the second amendment rights of the common person in America! Please give YOUR money/support to these hard working HERO'S that fight on our behalf! SEMPER-FI! :evil: