If I- 594 passes, 3 Dec. 2014, Last Day for Private Sales!

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
gunparts
City: Nine Mile Falls
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: 50 cal BMG.
Next Firearm: whatever cheap.

Re: If I- 594 passes, 3 Dec. 2014, Last Day for Private Sales!

Post by gunparts » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:07 am

I think it nonsense to promote Breaking this or another law.
a Poll the other day shows 594 with 60% and 591 with about 30% I do think this is going to pass and that with the dems in charge there will be pressure on the WA Sate Highway Patrol to make a few high profile Busts.I hope you 2 are not the ones selling to the undercover Patrolman, or that you sell a gun to someone that shoots up a school or something like that. Keep talking nonsense and not planning and the gunshows will go away.
Always buying and selling Gun parts,at http://gunpartauction.com/
,Gunbroker.com as ( Gunpartsearch ) https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... lers=43702 and Ebay User (Gunparts) Amazon as (PFBT Gun Parts)https://www.amazon.com/s?k=PFBT+GUN+PAR ... dp_s_web_0 You tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA-uN ... subscriber if you have some for parts Sale , carry most parts. email bkgertsch@gmail.com

GreyGoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Lakeview
Favorite Firearm: All of 'em

Post by GreyGoose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 pm

SMITTYII wrote:I read in my Voters Pamphlet that if, I- 594 passes, 3 Dec. 2014, will be the Last Day for Private Sales without a Back Ground Check in Washington State!
End of an ERA!
In reality it will not end anything, the free market will continue to operate regardless what some billionaire and his fellow Seattle libtards would like... what it will do is turn a whole lot of law abiding American gun owners into potential law breaking American gun owners... Its a shame.

If it passes get the hell out of WA...

Read this and pass it on: http://gunowners.org/fact9252014.htm

NO ON I-594!
"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again; poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves." - D. H. Lawrence

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Gunparts may well indeed be a good man, and he may well be trying to help others deal with this garbage, but the fact remains that we are facing a draconian law aimed at nothing short of hugely restricting our Constitutional rights. This law cannot stand under either the federal or state constitutions, however it will take time to establish this in the courts. We on the right do not seem to have activist judges (for a reason) that will take it upon themselves to intervine on our part, therefor we must be willing to take matters into our own hands and simply refuse to comply with the law.
We cannot allow antigun activists, who are the ones behind this, to dictate our personal dealings in this manner. It cannot be tolerated.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

GreyGoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by GreyGoose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:51 pm

This is bad fella's...

We won't even be able to educate a kid about firearms legally... read the GOA info http://gunowners.org/fact9252014.htm

When I was a kid... and yes I am getting a little older... nonetheless it wasn't that long ago... we had the NRA instructor and firearms education in our classroom at school, competitions in the school yard on the weekends, and brought guns to school for show and tell.... I am 50 years old.

NO ON I-594
Last edited by GreyGoose on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again; poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves." - D. H. Lawrence

wagunguy
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Washington

Post by wagunguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Voted against it due to the loaning or joint shooting clauses that sounded fishy. I'm also concerned about the price of the background check.

GreyGoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by GreyGoose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 pm

wagunguy wrote:Voted against it due to the loaning or joint shooting clauses that sounded fishy. I'm also concerned about the price of the background check.
F*** man, be concerned about it in general... the devil is hidden in the details to be sure, but this piece of sh*t has it spraypainted on the dust cover... Revisionist EVIL!

gunparts
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: 50 cal BMG.
Next Firearm: whatever cheap.

Post by gunparts » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 am

Ok sounds like nobody wants to help build a list of FFL that due background checks and there contact info. I still feel it would be a useful tool regardless if 594 passes or not. We will see at the early Dec Spokane gun show how this affects everyone. Take care Brian
Always buying and selling Gun parts,at http://gunpartauction.com/
,Gunbroker.com as ( Gunpartsearch ) https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... lers=43702 and Ebay User (Gunparts) Amazon as (PFBT Gun Parts)https://www.amazon.com/s?k=PFBT+GUN+PAR ... dp_s_web_0 You tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA-uN ... subscriber if you have some for parts Sale , carry most parts. email bkgertsch@gmail.com

bambam72
Gun Trader
City: Rathdrum
Favorite Firearm: All of em
Next Firearm: always looking for 1

Post by bambam72 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 am

Nazington....

Ace.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: M&P.40

Post by Ace. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:53 pm

I've seen posts about FFL fees, nobody is talking about the other evil in WA state, you could charge $1 per transfer, but WA state requires a "use tax" be paid on the fair market value of firearms.
Live free, or they die.

Justin
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane

Post by Justin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Ace. wrote:I've seen posts about FFL fees, nobody is talking about the other evil in WA state, you could charge $1 per transfer, but WA state requires a "use tax" be paid on the fair market value of firearms.

Is that going to apply to private transfers? Please provide the exact verbiage if you say yes.

Also, will this enact the typical WA transfer form like we currently have for pistols from a dealer or is it just a 4473?

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by JeremyD » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Justin wrote:
Ace. wrote:I've seen posts about FFL fees, nobody is talking about the other evil in WA state, you could charge $1 per transfer, but WA state requires a "use tax" be paid on the fair market value of firearms.

Is that going to apply to private transfers? Please provide the exact verbiage if you say yes.

Also, will this enact the typical WA transfer form like we currently have for pistols from a dealer or is it just a 4473?
Grab a voter's pamphlet...It affects everything :(
Veritatem Cognoscere

NMCB5-509
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Ruger Mark II 22/45

Post by NMCB5-509 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm

My understanding…

If this passes… (594) I go to the gun show and buy a gun, say Glock for $500 from “Joe Bob” and he does not have an FFL. We find an FFL at the show and the FFL guy charges $50.00 for the back ground check (because he can) then turns to Joe Bob and asks how much he sold the Glock to me for? Joe Bob says $500.00 so then the guy that has the FFL says well I have to Collect WA Tax on that.. so that is $43.50
So my used Glock cost $593.50 or ($594 see what did there)

Right??
Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Post by Rigger28 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Just ask whoever you are buying or selling the gun to, to meet you at Stateline (wink wink) or in Post Falls. Open and shut case!

boarderwayne
Favorite Firearm: m&p 9
Next Firearm: 1911

Post by boarderwayne » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Justin wrote:

On page 21 of the Voters pamphlet it says:
"Sales tax would not apply to the sale or transfer of firearms between people who are not licensed firearms dealers, so long as they comply with all background check requirements. Using a licensed firearms dealer to assist with such sale or transfer WOULD NOT result in sales or use tax."
Then adds these bullet points at the bottom of the page:
"Licensed firearms dealers WOULD NOT be required to collect sales or use tax when facilitating a private sale or transfer of a firearm"
"Consistent with current law, a person WOULD continue to be required to pay state use tax when purchasing or transferring a firearm in a private transaction."
Nothing in this initiative is very clear.

Jim Beam

Post by Jim Beam » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 am

if 2 Washington residents meet up in Idaho can they do a private trade or sale without going thru the crap if this passes?

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:23 am

Jim Beam wrote:if 2 Washington residents meet up in Idaho can they do a private trade or sale without going thru the crap if this passes?
Nope...
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Rigger28 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:50 pm

bladebum wrote:
Jim Beam wrote:if 2 Washington residents meet up in Idaho can they do a private trade or sale without going thru the crap if this passes?
Nope...

Bladebum, do you have any info to show that? I didn't that in the voting information. There is no law saying you can't sell a firearm to someone from another state. And here is another question I have, other than personal integrity how in the hell would they know if you bought or sold a gun to somebody and skipped the background check? Are they going to be on witch hunts and setup stings etc...... I sure hope not.

JeremyD
Site Owner

Post by JeremyD » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Rigger28 wrote:
bladebum wrote:
Nope...
Rigger28 wrote:There is no law saying you can't sell a firearm to someone from another state
Check the ATF website...That's against federal law.
Veritatem Cognoscere

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Rigger28 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 pm

JeremyD wrote:
Rigger28 wrote:
bladebum wrote:
Nope...
Rigger28 wrote:There is no law saying you can't sell a firearm to someone from another state
Check the ATF website...That's against federal law.
So you are telling me I can't sell a gun to a dude that lives in Rathdrum who has an Idaho license if I live in SpoCompton and have a Washington License? No offense but I have lived in 5 different states in the last 11 years and have purchased guns in every single one of them. Both privately and from stores. I had the same DL the entire time. Please explain to me why I was able to do this yet it's against ATF regs. I'm not being an asshole, I just really want to know.

JeremyD
Site Owner

Post by JeremyD » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:25 pm

If you are a resident of the state you can purchase legally.

If you aren't, you can't. the definition of resident is on the link below :)

Give this a read :) : https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-fr ... ed-persons
Veritatem Cognoscere