i594 work around?

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: fire stick
Next Firearm: Bible
SGT Supporter: Yes

i594 work around?

Post by Godspyro » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:14 am

Come on guys I know you want to shoot me down :)
(9) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.
(10) "Gun" has the same meaning as firearm.

If a "firearm" is missing a bolt, slide etc it would not be capable of fireing a projectile and would not be concidered a firearm per state law correct?

Sounds like stripped lowers are no problem at all, firearm "parts" that could be assembled into a firearm quickly would technically be legal as well. It doesn't matier that federal law defines it as because it would happen in washington.

Come on BB, tell me I'm wrong!
Prov 6:6 Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise.

RCW 9.41.010
(9) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

Quotes are stupid. -The Mechanic

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Re: i594 work around?

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 am

I don't really want to be the one to find out first hand, but I think your definitely on to something here !!

Come on BB, tell him he's wrong ! :)
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

JasonH
SGT Premium Supporter
Next Firearm: M1 Carbine

Post by JasonH » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:45 am

Godspyro wrote:Come on guys I know you want to shoot me down :)

So let’s say I have a MAK-90, and I go and remove the bolt and piston assembly from it. Making tow groups of parts on my table

By your rational, I could sell the two groups of that firearm as parts because neither in their disassembled state can fire a projectile?
But, would it need to be two separate transactions?
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door to the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.

-John R. Cash

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Post by Call Turner » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:55 am

The transaction with the serial # still has to do ffl paper work .
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:37 am

Call Turner wrote:The transaction with the serial # still has to do ffl paper work .
Where does it say that in the law ?
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

crazyjoe
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: M60
Next Firearm: who knows?

Post by crazyjoe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:47 am

Laws suck but are laws
Last edited by crazyjoe on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 338 Lapua

Post by Orphan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Godspyro wrote:Come on guys I know you want to shoot me down :)
(10) "Gun" has the same meaning as firearm.

If a "firearm" is missing a bolt, slide etc it would not be capable of fireing a projectile and would not be concidered a firearm per state law correct?

Sounds like stripped lowers are no problem at all, firearm "parts" that could be assembled into a firearm quickly would technically be legal as well. It doesn't matier that federal law defines it as because it would happen in washington.

Come on BB, tell me I'm wrong!

I think you are on to something as long as it is a private sale with in the state of Washington and all other federal laws were obeyed. I will do some research.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.

Post by thumpar » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Call Turner wrote:The transaction with the serial # still has to do ffl paper work .
But that is only over state lines or when purchasing new from an FFL and is a federal law not state. It seems that 594 doesn't have a real good definition of "firearm".
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Orphan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:27 pm

I can't find any reason what Godspyro stated would be unlawful. I will say that IMHO if I sold you a disassembled firearm that would not fly. IMHO If I sold you an AR lower and you then went and purchased the rest of the firearm from other sources that would be lawful under current State law. Just to be clear here we are just discussing state law not giving advice or planning on doing any of what we are discussing.

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:44 am

Of course we wouldn't make recommendations, after all if someone sold a Powder actuated tool or a potato gun that would be a clear violation of state law, but if I sold you an ar15 that was unable to fire a projectile (missing bcg) that would violate no law, assuming both parties are wa citizens and the transfer takes place in the great state of Washington.

RCW 9.41.010

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Orphan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 am

Godspyro wrote:Of course we wouldn't make recommendations, after all if someone sold a Powder actuated tool or a potato gun that would be a clear violation of state law, but if I sold you an ar15 that was unable to fire a projectile (missing bcg) that would violate no law, assuming both parties are wa citizens and the transfer takes place in the great state of Washington.

Agreed if the BCG was purchased from another source.

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:32 am

Bring a friend with you, I can gift them a bcg ;)

RCW 9.41.010

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Orphan wrote:
Godspyro wrote:Of course we wouldn't make recommendations, after all if someone sold a Powder actuated tool or a potato gun that would be a clear violation of state law, but if I sold you an ar15 that was unable to fire a projectile (missing bcg) that would violate no law, assuming both parties are wa citizens and the transfer takes place in the great state of Washington.

And what makes this needed? Do you feel a transaction for the bcg as well as the "remainder" of the firearm would be considered a single firearm transaction?

2 bills of sale and 2 monetary transactions and maybe go as far as "different" dates on the bills of sale.

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Orphan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:10 pm

pacnw wrote:
Orphan wrote:

And what makes this needed? Do you feel a transaction for the bcg as well as the "remainder" of the firearm would be considered a single firearm transaction?

2 bills of sale and 2 monetary transactions and maybe go as far as "different" dates on the bills of sale.

The difference would be selling a disassembled firearm vs selling firearms parts

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Orphan wrote:
pacnw wrote:
Orphan wrote:

The difference would be selling a disassembled firearm vs selling firearms parts
If we are talking a federal definition of firearm yes but but the state does not define a firearm as something that may someday fire a projectile,
if I sell you some abs pipe with fittings, a flint sparker and some hair spray have I sold you a disabled firearm or a bunch of parts?

RCW 9.41.010