Federal Building Rally 3/6

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
sirtirithon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: M1A
Next Firearm: Glock 20SF

Federal Building Rally 3/6

Post by sirtirithon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Date and Time: March 6th 11am-2pm
920 W Riverside Ave, Spokane, Washington 99201

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/818764441531542

On 25 February 2015, Anthony Bosworth of Liberty for All was approached by Federal agents, under false pretenses and was arrested, detained for five hours in a steel cage without charges, denied Miranda rights, and access to an attorney, interrogated by the FBI as a domestic terrorist, and then released with a citation for "failure to comply", even though his civil rights were clearly violated at every turn.

His only action was that he was standing outside the federal courthouse at a 10th amendment rally, while legally openly carrying a firearm. The Feds have still not returned his firearms.

This is more than a violation against one citizen's civil liberties. It is a blatant overreach by federal authorities who treated a citizen and a combat veteran as though they were his master.

Bring your side arms. Bring your long guns. This is a peaceful rally. But it is an armed one.

This rally is the Patriots' answer to a tyrannical and out of control government.

Their abuses will not stand. But we will.

We will not comply.

Groups sponsoring:
Liberty For All
Defend Amendment X

Additional reading on this topic:

http://www.patrickhenrysociety.com/feds ... -activist/

Video of the incident:
NRA Member
GOA Member
GSSF Member
Glock Certified Armorer

albin25
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Lewiston
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Beretta Cheetah 86

Re: Federal Building Rally 3/6

Post by albin25 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 pm

I hope it turns out well...PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER that the media is gang to treat you like their stereotypical redneck cartoon characters. Don't want too many people showing up in fatigues and trying to look all mall-ninja-militia. The media is going to look for the most threatening loudmouth to interview and I pray that the organizers can keep the "type" the media tries to promote as "typical" gun owners, somewhat restrained...It will be much more effective if they dress like Bosworth did and leave the camo and body armor at home this time... and if ANYONE tries to wear a face covering ... tell them you don't need cowards on your side.
Basically I'm sure you realize that you're not going to increase support by scaring the poop out of swing voters and I hope you can get that across to the fringe before they arrive wanting to show off their scariest weaponry and new ghillie suit. It's currently legal to open carry a sidearm in Washington but not in Texas where this whole open carrying a rifle thing started...they HAVE to carry rifles for open carry demos...in Washington you don't....your Westsiders would love an excuse to ban open carry... period.

In Idaho, we have a bill currently under consideration to allow "Constitutional carry" and it stands a good chance of passing. We really don't need something to scare the politicians into finding an excuse to not vote in favor of it.

Anyhoo best of luck ... and to quote "Miracle Max"...."Have fun storming the castle!"
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

Gun Crazy Dad
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Troy, ID.
Favorite Firearm: Rem. 760 in .270
Next Firearm: .44 mag or .357 mag

Post by Gun Crazy Dad » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Sirtirithon,

Thanks for posting this information about the upcoming event. Its great to see another SGT'er paying attention to this stuff and getting involved.
So many of the folks on here seem to, by appearance be getting involved like an ostrich. They stick their heads in the sand and pretend everything is just fine.

I am hoping that lots of people choose to get involved and attend this rally. We need to send a message loud and clear to these folks that this is our town, our state and we will not tolerate this behavior anymore.

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Gun Crazy Dad wrote:...I am hoping that lots of people choose to get involved and attend this rally. We need to send a message loud and clear to these folks that this is our town, our state and we will not tolerate this behavior anymore.
I agree 100%

The number one thing that could be done to maximize the turn out would be to NOT hold the rally in the middle of a weekday. I think it is safe to say the turn out would be five to ten times better if it weren't held while the majority of people are at work.

11 am on a Friday pretty much only works well for people who are retired, working nights, or working 4 days a week/part time. I think its pretty safe to say that a large segment of the pro-2nd amendment crowd are the type who WORK 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, for a living.
Last edited by BC38 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Last edited by R.J. on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER

sirtirithon
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by sirtirithon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:07 am

BC38 wrote:
Gun Crazy Dad wrote:...I am hoping that lots of people choose to get involved and attend this rally. We need to send a message loud and clear to these folks that this is our town, our state and we will not tolerate this behavior anymore.
I agree 100%

The number one thing that could be done to maximize the turn out would be to NOT hold the rally in the middle of a weekday. I think it is safe to say the turn out would be five to ten times better if it weren't held while the majority of people are at work.

1pm on a Friday afternoon pretty much only works well for people who are retired, working nights, or working 4 days a week/part time. I think its pretty safe to say that a large segment of the pro-2nd amendment crowd are the type who WORK 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, for a living.
It has to be a weekday when the feds are there...we are going to DEMAND that they return Anthony's firearms. At the risk of getting in trouble at work I will be leaving work early Friday morning to be there. I know this isn't an option for everyone. I'm not an organizer for this rally just passing it along.
NRA Member
GOA Member
GSSF Member
Glock Certified Armorer

Gun Crazy Dad
Accomplished Gun Trader

Post by Gun Crazy Dad » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 pm

With having to take 4 days off from work for car repairs just since January 1st, and the fact that I work in Pullman, I am not sure if I'll be able to make the rally.
That pisses me off, I feel so desperately want to be there. I am tired of all the crap in life getting in the way of my attending these rallies.

Coug91
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: 1911's and AR15's
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by Coug91 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:18 pm

sirtirithon wrote:Date and Time: March 6th 11am-2pm
920 W Riverside Ave, Spokane, Washington 99201

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/818764441531542

On 25 February 2015, Anthony Bosworth of Liberty for All was approached by Federal agents, under false pretenses and was arrested, detained for five hours in a steel cage without charges, denied Miranda rights, and access to an attorney, interrogated by the FBI as a domestic terrorist, and then released with a citation for "failure to comply", even though his civil rights were clearly violated at every turn.

His only action was that he was standing outside the federal courthouse at a 10th amendment rally, while legally openly carrying a firearm. The Feds have still not returned his firearms.

This is more than a violation against one citizen's civil liberties. It is a blatant overreach by federal authorities who treated a citizen and a combat veteran as though they were his master.

Bring your side arms. Bring your long guns. This is a peaceful rally. But it is an armed one.

This rally is the Patriots' answer to a tyrannical and out of control government.

Their abuses will not stand. But we will.

We will not comply.

Groups sponsoring:
Liberty For All
Defend Amendment X

Additional reading on this topic:

http://www.patrickhenrysociety.com/feds ... -activist/

Video of the incident:

This part worked out so well for the first guy, let's do it again...

"Bring your side arms. Bring your long guns. This is a peaceful rally. But it is an armed one."

Yeah, no. Fight this IN the courts, not AT the court.
Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

When you run out of valid things to say, there's always insults.

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:42 pm

I watched part of an hr long interview w/ Luca Zanna (IIRC) on youtube where Bosworth tells of his background in the military, his motives & this incident. The 10th ammendment part threw me, but after listening to the vid I better understand now. It's concerning the 'Kettle Falls 5' who from what I understand have/had a marajuana growing operation & were found in possession of a muzzle loading firearm so the feds are trying to make them out as drug runners or something. He also served in Katrina after his return from deployment in Iraq which, according to him was the catalyst after seeing how the civilians were treated. He also ran for Sherrif in Yakima Co.
He also said that the DHS guy & the 'Marshall' got into it a little bit, the bigger guy telling him to calm down. The DHS guy was trying to remove his rifle while the Marshall was trying to handcuff him. The rifle ended up getting trapped between the handcuffs so they had to remove the strap to get the rifle off of him. Ridiculous.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER

Gun Crazy Dad
Accomplished Gun Trader

Post by Gun Crazy Dad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Yeah and they still have his rifle and his sidearm.

The Fed's refuse to release them to him, citing that they may be needed as evidence if they choose to prosecute him for their imaginary violation.

Its all a strong arm tactic to try scare or force him to stop his work in the liberty movement. After all he's garning world wide attention and folks both all over the state, the country and globally are sitting up and either trying to get involved or at least paying attention to this.
That's the last thing that the Fed's want is for this thing to explode into a huge, multi state, movement with 10's of thousands of participants. They want to crush it hard, ugly to scare folks to kill it while it's relatively small.

sirtirithon
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by sirtirithon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:10 am

Just wanted to bump this post! The rally is tomorrow!

There is a group meeting in front of the River park Square mall at 10:30 and walking to the courthouse. I plan on joining them.
NRA Member
GOA Member
GSSF Member
Glock Certified Armorer

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:28 am

Oh would that I could attend! We have prior commitments and were I to try to change them, well then "she who must be obeyed" would be most displeased....

it should be a good event, let us hope the turnout is high! But if I may interject a personal thought, PLEASE DO NOT wear any military looking gear, BDU's, boonie caps, belt pouches with spare rifle mags, etc. As our friend albin25 pointed out, we are under the media microscope here. Leave the mall-ninja gear at home. The more exposure we can get that shows that we are just normal people who happen to own guns and have a desire to support our civil rights, and not paramilitary tinfoil hat wearing nut jobs with one finger on the trigger, the better off our cause will be. I would even go so far as to suggest that all long arms be slung in a normal hunting fashion, and leave the tactical sling at home.

Just my thoughts, but the media is not on our side and the public they broadcast to will judge us both by our actions as well as our appearance.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

RRT27
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: GP100
Next Firearm: another GP100

Post by RRT27 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:43 pm

scrappy wrote:Oh would that I could attend! We have prior commitments and were I to try to change them, well then "she who must be obeyed" would be most displeased....

it should be a good event, let us hope the turnout is high! But if I may interject a personal thought, PLEASE DO NOT wear any military looking gear, BDU's, boonie caps, belt pouches with spare rifle mags, etc. As our friend albin25 pointed out, we are under the media microscope here. Leave the mall-ninja gear at home. The more exposure we can get that shows that we are just normal people who happen to own guns and have a desire to support our civil rights, and not paramilitary tinfoil hat wearing nut jobs with one finger on the trigger, the better off our cause will be. I would even go so far as to suggest that all long arms be slung in a normal hunting fashion, and leave the tactical sling at home.

Just my thoughts, but the media is not on our side and the public they broadcast to will judge us both by our actions as well as our appearance.
Very wise words.

Gun Crazy Dad
Accomplished Gun Trader

Post by Gun Crazy Dad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:37 am

Everyone who can, please attend this today, we need as many people there as possible.

They convinced some judge to issue an injunction against any firearms ON the property. Meaning that they knew full well that Anthony had committed NO crime.
Mike Vandebourough has been trapped in Atlanta. They help him up and would not let him board his plane. Then mysteriously there were no flights out of Atlanta to our area. Also no rental car company would rent or even allow someone to rent a car for him.

Cowards, their real colors are showing.

racerx
SGT Premium Supporter
City: N. Spokane County
Favorite Firearm: The one in my hand
Next Firearm: H&K 416

Post by racerx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:36 am

The news is reporting that the rally is monday... (purposeful misinformation??) :evil:
THE FOURTH HORSEMEN RIDES

ALWAYS BUYING AMMO !!!
5.56- .223- .40cal- .22lr

Adapt at ALL costs...
Change WILL come for those with NO FEAR

QUESTION AUTHORITY
WE will not ask YOUR permission to exercise OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS

Thank You Veterans III%erz ForceMultiplyer

Sawdust
City: cda
State: Id
Favorite Firearm: scout
Next Firearm: ????

Post by Sawdust » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:57 am

Here is a copy of the court order
http://www.waed.uscourts.gov/sites/defa ... 5-54-1.pdf
Read it before going down

RRT27
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: GP100
Next Firearm: another GP100

Post by RRT27 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 am

Wow, I guess that injunction pretty much makes his case that he wasn't breaking the law.

albin25
City: Lewiston
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Beretta Cheetah 86

Post by albin25 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:11 am

Wow, I guess that injunction pretty much makes his case that he wasn't breaking the law.
Yup...I certainly does.
Then he wasn't ... Now he will be.
So I guess we should all thank him for getting even Concealed Carry banned from the property surrounding the building now?

By the time these guys are finished with "protecting" our right to carry a rifle in to in-appropriate places ...
... we won't have any left.

Man, I tried to be at least supportive of their right to protest, even though I thought it was a counter productive way to go about it.
But this is the last straw...Seems even if they can somehow manage to forgo the camo'd Mall-Ninja attitude and the mommy's basement dweller with his Johnny 7 Rifle clones on parade methods, even when they try to dress in business casual, they just can't seem to pull it off without ending up shooting other gun owners in the proverbial arse.
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

Bob R
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time

Post by Bob R » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:11 pm

They convinced some judge to issue an injunction against any firearms ON the property.
And you didn't see that coming......how?????

The building is full of judges, US Attorneys and federal LEO, how hard do you think it was for them to get it. As soon as they realized they had not made the grounds off limits because of the prior event, it probably took them about......oh......3 seconds.

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Well, here's a perspective from someone who actually attended the rally.

Somewhere between 50 and 100 people showed up, and of those there were only about half a dozen wearing fatigues and all "decked out for battle". Most were in jeans or business casual type clothes, and there were 3 or 4 in shirts/suits/ties. Approximately half the attendees were open carrying - rifles or side arms. Most rifles were being carried hunting style and everyone kept their sidearms holstered. There were only a couple of folks carrying ARs in tactical slings. One of those gentleman was also holding onto the hand grip and adopting the "at the ready" military stance. I pointed out to him how scary that makes us all look to the soccer mom's watching on the news. Although he made a comment indicating he didn't appreciate my observation, I noticed that afterwards he did let go of the grip and cross his hands over the receiver of his AR instead. Not a huge improvement, but a little better.

There were at least 3 individuals on top of the neighboring buildings peaking through the balustrades at the crowd. I never saw any weapons, but I kinda doubt they were up there just for the view. There were three or four police conspicuously present on the ground, but they were very respectful of the crowd and our peaceful protest. They even went so far as to say that if anyone started to get out of line they would allow us the opportunity to "police our own first" before they took any action.

The Feds never turned out to roust or harass anyone, though there were a lot of people peeking out of the windows of the Foley building - obviously wondering what the armed crowd outside was all about. The news cameras were there of course and once the speakers produced a bullhorn, the speeches were well delivered and articulate. Throughout the nearly two hours I was there every few minutes a passing motorist would honk their horn to their support of the rally.

All in all it went off very well in my opinion. It would have been nice to see 3 or 4 times the turnout, but we got our message across, and there were enough of us there that he Feds decided it was best to lay low and let it blow over, rather than try to enforce their cowardly court order. One man can be ramrodded and manhandled, a crowd of more than fifty is apparently a different story. I think we accomplished what we set out to do - to send a message that we will not be cowed.
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...