Gun rights

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
racedreams
Rookie Member
City: Spokane Valley/WA
Next Firearm: AR 10

Gun rights

Post by racedreams » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:45 pm

So without going into a long details... I received my gun rights back through Washington State Courts. It's all signed by the judge and recorded officially.

I called the dealer who has my handgun that I have never been able to pick up.

Now I'm being told that I'm in the federal system not allowed to have guns and I will have to appeal that. The letter says it will take 2 years to be heard. Funny thing is I wasn't denied by NICS system the first time through. My court case to restore my gun rights caused me to be entered into NICS system.

My attorney tells me I'm allowed to have guns in Washington State and just go buy a gun and everything will be fine. Just don't leave the state with it of course.

There's a apparent problem with Washington Courts when it comes to Federal Restoration laws and something that needs to be done in Olympia to make my gun rights official. I have already reached out to our legislation about this issue.

I look forward to the Federal appeal hearing because I believe I will win it. My gun rights were taken illegally I can prove it. But with the new background checks and transfer laws what do I do from now till then? I want to be armed. I have the right to be armed and I family to protect. How do I go about getting a gun legally ?

Abruzzi
City: Chewelah
Favorite Firearm: S&W
Next Firearm: Masquelier

Re: Gun rights

Post by Abruzzi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm

I'm not a lawyer.

Get your concealed pistol license. Keep it with you. Even if your gun is a long gun that you keep in your home, the license shows that you are legally permitted to own it.
Obtain a firearm legally from a family member, as spelled out in RCW 9.41.113 and associated RCW's.

racedreams
Rookie Member
City: Spokane Valley/WA
Next Firearm: AR 10

Post by racedreams » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 pm

It was my concealed weapons permit renewal that started this whole mess. The Spokane records dept flagged my application and told me I had lost my 2nd amendment rights in the first place. Tried to purchase a gun around the same time and they confirmed it. It was all done in secret meetings behind closed doors. I can't wait to file the lawsuit. I have all the proof needed.

melman
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Russian AK-47
Next Firearm: AK-74

Post by melman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:15 am

I had my rights restored from two juvenile felonies. Back in 2008 I was denied and it took 3 months under Bush to win my appeal. Then in September of 2015 I was denied again I filed an appeal and sent all my paperwork in again and filed for a UPIN. In June of 2017 I finally won. No lawyer can force it faster they claim they work then in order received and that they are to far behind. State rights restore your federal rights unless it's a Domestic Violence even if it's a misdemeanor or if it's to do with mental health. If you have lost your rights due to mental health or DV the federal NICS will never approve you. They claim they have no system in place to help with that. The state of Washington will go e you your rights back but now that you have to have a NICS check on any sale those people are s reaed.