A NATION OF COWARDS

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

A NATION OF COWARDS

Post by Sandaholic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3592504/posts

That was an excellent read. If you've read it already then good on you. I was unaware of its existence and am grateful someone shared that link. And don't take it to mean YOU are a coward. If you haven't read it you owe it to yourself. The whole article is spot on, but I would be curious to see what others find to be their favorite part? Or perhaps you disagree with the entire thing?

There were many takeaways for me but this one struck hard:
*It is by no means obvious why it is "civilized" to permit oneself to fall easy prey to criminal violence, and to permit criminals to continue unobstructed in their evil ways. While it may be that a society in which crime is so rare that no one ever needs to carry a weapon is "civilized," a society that stigmatizes the carrying of weapons by the law-abiding -- because it distrusts its citizens more than it fears rapists, robbers, and murderers -- certainly cannot claim this distinction. Perhaps the notion that defending oneself with lethal force is not "civilized" arises from the view that violence is always wrong, or the view that each human being is of such intrinsic worth that it is wrong to kill anyone under any circumstances. The necessary implication of these propositions, however, is that life is not worth defending. Far from being "civilized," the beliefs that counterviolence and killing are always wrong are an invitation to the spread of barbarism. Such beliefs announce loudly and clearly that those who do not respect the lives and property of others will rule over those who do.*
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!