First bump fire ban believe it’s coming everywhere

Discuss legislation. gun control bills and local Law...
Forum rules
Please keep it civil...
melman
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Russian AK-47
Next Firearm: AK-74

First bump fire ban believe it’s coming everywhere

Post by melman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:09 pm

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: First bump fire ban believe it’s coming everywhere

Post by thumpar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Maybe someone knows specifics but I thought that Mass was a pretty strict state when I came to guns. Would this already be illegal in Mass? Could this just be a ceremonial law?
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

ashethedivine
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: coeurdalene
Favorite Firearm: yes please
Next Firearm: What you are selling

Post by ashethedivine » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Just curious, not too familiar with all bumpfire stocks, but the two I have require two hands to operate; one to apply the forward pressure, one on the pistol grip. Are there any bumpfire/slidefire stocks that can be operated with one hand? Not to get into the conspiracy theory's, but I just watched a news report (I think 20/20) where they were discussing the multiple videos of the vegas shooting where one "expert" was saying that there was without a doubt 2 firearms being fired at the same time. This is possible with still one shooter though, he continued. This is true for full auto, but if there is no spring rebound bumpfire stocks, then I am not sure it is possible with one hand. Possibly aiming in a downward direction there would be enough weight between the recoil rebounding and the weight of the firearm..., but I struggle to imagine that working well. Now I am not saying that this is absolute evidence of a second shooter, because the different octaves of sound could be explained through reverberation or poor cellphone mic quality. I am curious if this is possible to shoot 2 bumpfire stock equipped rifles at the same time though.
I don't always get to the range, but when I do, I prefer dosAKs

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:01 am

A bit off topic (I should ban myself :) ) but I just heard on the news that the Texas church shooter fired 450 rounds. That’s 15 30 round mags. No mention of a bump stock and the shooter used a Ruger AR556.