Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Suncrest clean-up information May 3rd

Post by hatchdog » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Astocks2622 wrote:I can bring burger & dog buns, say, 2 8-packs of each. Also, how does the dump run get handled? does DNR come pick up the trash, or are we on the hook for transport & dump fees?
Bun quantity should be fine and yes, the DNR will arrange a DOC crew to pick up and dump the trash. No cash outlay for us. :D

Jim Beam

Re: Suncrest clean-up May 3rd *UPDATED INFO*

Post by Jim Beam » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Last edited by Jim Beam on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zebthemighty1
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them.........
Next Firearm: Soon......

Post by Zebthemighty1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:40 am

I will be there with my 2 sons!
I can bring two folding tables and a small camping grill.
"nuts!"

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:56 am

I'd still like to know where we should meet and at what time?

my suggestion is the big parking lot on the left side of Assembly as you're coming from Monroe where it turns into W northwest blvd.

The Spokane VA is on the corner of N Assembly street and W Wellesley. Coming from Spokane heading West from Monroe, Indiana splits off to the right at Monroe Street and turns into W northwest Blvd which turns into N Assembly which splits off to the left at Francis and turns into West 9 mile road.

As you're coming from Monroe and heading towards the VA hospital on N Assembly street, on the same side of N Assembly as the hospital at W Wellesley is a big parking lot where there used to be a Yokes Market.

Maybe we could all meet there, but what time?
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:59 am

:D
Last edited by roger on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Also there has been a Hot Tub up there for a year or so. Not sure if someone has a saws-all, or something that it could be used to cut it up with. It may be more than someone wants to mess with, just thought I would let people know that there is one up there.

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Plans are coming together nicely, we have about 30 folks signed up. More would be good, Suncrest is a large area and many bodies would be preferred.

We are still in need of people to bring the following:

more water
condiments
sodas

Here is a review of the meeting place and time:

I'm thinking we should meet out at Nine Mile at the old location of Dave's Guns. There is ample parking available and leaving from this location will avoid any stop signs or traffic lights which could break up our caravan. To get to the old Dave's Guns drive out Francis until it turns north and becomes Nine Mile Rd (Hwy 291). Continue on this road several miles until you get to the community of Nine Mile. On your right you will see a small square concrete building which used to be Dave's. I believe it is next to the gas station/convenience store. Let's plan on meeting at 8:45 and depart Nine Mile at 9:00 for the range. This should put us there around 9:30 to meet up with Chuck.

mcroberts307
Accomplished Gun Trader

Post by mcroberts307 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I'll be there.

Dizzle2269
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: AR-15

Post by Dizzle2269 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:02 pm

I would really like to attend but I am not sure that I will be able to. I normally work weekends but that morning I will be returning home from vacation. Depending on what time I get home and how much crap I have to unpack, I may or may not be able to make it. If I can make it I would be happy to bring extra water and some snacks.

I usually go out to the Southbank range but I think I know where this is. If anyone could PM me exact directions, I would be grateful.

With any luck I'll be able to make it out and meet you all!
"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

racerx
SGT Premium Supporter
City: N. Spokane County
Favorite Firearm: The one in my hand
Next Firearm: H&K 416

Post by racerx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm

roger wrote:Also there has been a Hot Tub up there for a year or so. Not sure if someone has a saws-all, or something that it could be used to cut it up with. It may be more than someone wants to mess with, just thought I would let people know that there is one up there.
^^^^^^^^ Uh- thinking some 12 gauge 00 buck should take care of that hot tub... ;)
THE FOURTH HORSEMEN RIDES

ALWAYS BUYING AMMO !!!
5.56- .223- .40cal- .22lr

Adapt at ALL costs...
Change WILL come for those with NO FEAR

QUESTION AUTHORITY
WE will not ask YOUR permission to exercise OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS

Thank You Veterans III%erz ForceMultiplyer

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Post by Call Turner » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 pm

sombich not in a safe area to shoot!
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

lucmorley
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: AK-47
Next Firearm: ruger 10-22

Post by lucmorley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 pm

i will be there and bring the Vegi Tray may be bringing friends will find out on tue and up date numbers

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 am

roger wrote:Also there has been a Hot Tub up there for a year or so. Not sure if someone has a saws-all, or something that it could be used to cut it up with. It may be more than someone wants to mess with, just thought I would let people know that there is one up there.

I have a sawzall if someone has a power inverter that will handle about 15 amps.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Post by Call Turner » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 am

Im going to try and borrow my buddys cordless, I'll keep ya posted.
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter
City: DEER PARK
Favorite Firearm: bergara 308
Next Firearm: 50 beo

Post by ruger338 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 am

My wife an I will try an be there but not sure if we can make it our plans change day by day with family matters

Jim Beam

Post by Jim Beam » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Last edited by Jim Beam on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

korfner wrote:
ron wrote:

I have a sawzall if someone has a power inverter that will handle about 15 amps.
I have a small generator 1600 watt. that should run your sawzall. if no one brings a cordless I will bring it

Good enough. 1.6 KW will work. I'll bring my sawzall and some extra blades.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:25 pm

hatchdog wrote:Plans are coming together nicely, we have about 30 folks signed up. More would be good, Suncrest is a large area and many bodies would be preferred.

We are still in need of people to bring the following:

more water
condiments
sodas

Here is a review of the meeting place and time:I'm thinking we should meet out at Nine Mile at the old location of Dave's Guns. There is ample parking available and leaving from this location will avoid any stop signs or traffic lights which could break up our caravan. To get to the old Dave's Guns drive out Francis until it turns north and becomes Nine Mile Rd (Hwy 291). Continue on this road several miles until you get to the community of Nine Mile. On your right you will see a small square concrete building which used to be Dave's. I believe it is next to the gas station/convenience store. Let's plan on meeting at 8:45 and depart Nine Mile at 9:00 for the range. This should put us there around 9:30 to meet up with Chuck.

Just for those who don't know where Dave's Guns used to be, from Francis and Assmebly, the street that the Spokane VA hospital is on, HWY 291 goes to the city of 9 mile falls and there will be a green sign on the right that says Nine mile falls. Then on the right there will be a feed store and then a little convemniencs store that has a sign that says nine mils store and has gas pumps out front and next to that is a boarded up cinder block building that used to be the Nine mile falls post office before it was Dave's Guns.

Also before the feed store is a little espresso stand for those who want to arrive early and get a coffee fix.

danno266
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Pro CDP II
Next Firearm: SBR

Post by danno266 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Wife and I would like to come out, so count us in for 2. We can bring a 20-something inch charcoal Weber grill so that should cover the grills. Also, she said she will build a large potato salad.

Another thought is if you have any guns/parts/accessories that you are wanting to sell or trade, we might be able to do some of that too.

I'll probably only bring out the 45s (couple 1911s and a xds) and a pair of target stands, I don't know if I can get my AR ready by then, but if I do, then I'll bring it.
Part of getting older is learning to focus on what matters and learning to not care about what doesn't.

Jim Roy
Rookie Member
Favorite Firearm: Ruger
Next Firearm: M1 308

Post by Jim Roy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 am

I would like to sign up for the cleanup. :D