Post by 10mmshooter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 am

So this weekends shoot is full?

BigGameHunterSupply
City: Rathdrum, Idaho
Favorite Firearm: 223 Rem Tactical
Next Firearm: 284 Shehane

Re: New Range Rock Lake Rifle Range LLC

Post by BigGameHunterSupply » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:48 pm

It was great fun this weekend. Thanks for putting on the shoot. Looking forward to August.

If someone is reading this and thinking they would like to come out, but only have a deer rifle like a 243, 30-06 or some other, so they wouldn't "fit in" don't even worry about that. The hunting side of the course is just for that type of gun. It's set up like a hunting scenario with multiple targets and a limited time, though 4 minutes was more than enough on most stages. The time makes it more realistic, because typically when you see an animal it's not presenting the perfect shot and just standing there as long as it take for you to fire. It's grazing or on alert and moving through an area where you have a limited time to capitalize. Grab your favorite rifle and a couple boxes of shells and try it out. You never know you might do better than you think.

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Post by dmoua » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:03 pm

What size targets do they have for the hunting section? I might be interested in coming out one of these weekends.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 am

dmoua wrote:What size targets do they have for the hunting section? I might be interested in coming out one of these weekends.
The targets are animal shaped and sized accordingly. Some examples are:

Ground Hogs at: 293, 453, 503, 326, 490 yards.
Rabbit at 448 yards.
Crows at 306, 380 and 374 yards.
Bobcat at 371 yards.
Quail at 344 yards.
Rabbit at 377 yards.
Duck at 508 yards.
Coyote at 643 yards.

This course is tough but doable. A friend of mine shot this course with a M/70 7mm mag. Other than a target scope with external adjustments his rifle is stock. He did very well (kicked my a$$). It was the first time on the range for him and he didn't have any adjustment info beyond 400 yards or so.

1000yardshooter1234
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: Defiance machine
Next Firearm: 6mm Creedmoor

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 am

Next shoot is August 30th. Hopefully have some cooler temps. Thanks to all for coming! Sign up on the website!
www.nwprecisioncustoms.com

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Post by dmoua » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I don't think my scope has enough power to zoom in some of those targets. A quail at 344 is crazy.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

BigGameHunterSupply
City: Rathdrum, Idaho
Favorite Firearm: 223 Rem Tactical
Next Firearm: 284 Shehane

Post by BigGameHunterSupply » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Great match in August

My wife spanked me pretty good.....she drives that .223 very well.

Was a fun time and the food after the match was excellent.

It was nice that the targets were different than in July. Very realistic since animals won't be in the same place every time you hunt and it's better to know how to engage at varied ranges.

Whole thing ran very well. I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates all the effort that goes into setting up such an event.

Thank you to all who came to shoot and all who worked to put the match on!!

Sapper524
Gun Trader
City: Athol
Favorite Firearm: Nearest Loaded One

Post by Sapper524 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:18 am

These matches were good fun last year, looking forward to the new season. Looks like the first few matches are open for registration. I recommend checking these out if you want to check out some matches.
ANGRY INFIDEL
US ARMY - Retired

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:11 am

Hi there everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and New years! So we have been considering doing a membership at Rock Lake Rifle Range and just Trying to get input on how many would be interested? and what it would be worth? And I will be honest......this is a precision rifle range not a bring your AK47 and see how many rounds you can shoot in a minute!! that is why steel targets will start at 300 yards, there will be sight in boards at 100-200 yards There are pics on the previous post as to what most of the setup looks like, plus I just bought 16 more AR500 steel targets, all IPSC style to add to range, currently from the benches you can shoot 1250, I will be adding a 30" gong at 1440 soon, So kind of what we were thinking is it would allow 2 weeks open then closed 2 weeks then open etc, mostly year around, we still run cattle out there and can not be moving them everyday and the hills we shoot into have to be grazed to keep the weeds down etc. So with that the membership would include full use of the range which would allow shooting from the - Covered benches, concrete slab, Know your limits station, roof top, shoot house, stairs, tires, tank trap etc,( porta-pottys provided) as for Steel targets, with what I am adding there will be around 40 targets to engage with 8-10 of those knock downs and others either hanging or spring loaded, we are currently fixing up one end of the barn so you can put propane heaters in to stay a little more comfy in the winter and if the membership works out we will invest the money back into the range for more improvements, currently the range is still available for private renting with a 4 person minimum 20$ each. And don't forget the first shoot is February 28th, we will have the tactical course and the hunting course rolling, so if you are interested in shooting you can sign up on the website or if interested about the membership come down and check it out. Any questions just shoot me an email Redkorn1971@gmail.com
www.nwprecisioncustoms.com

Sapper524
Gun Trader
City: Athol
Favorite Firearm: Nearest Loaded One

Post by Sapper524 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:19 am

Two Day wrap up Finale shoot on Oct 3-4 just a few weeks away! The Rock Lake crew has added a lot of targets and stages to these matches. If you want to shoot steel with your bolt rig, this is the local place to do it! Last match of the year in a few weeks.
ANGRY INFIDEL
US ARMY - Retired

Mac11
Rookie Member
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Wilson Protector
Next Firearm: EMP9

Post by Mac11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Sapper - New guy here. Is there a website that posts range scheduling and info? It's been 10 months since the last post on SGT and a Google search got me nowhere. THx, Mac

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 am

Mac11 wrote:Sapper - New guy here. Is there a website that posts range scheduling and info? It's been 10 months since the last post on SGT and a Google search got me nowhere. THx, Mac
When the matches start up again they will be posted here:

http://www.nwprecisioncustoms.com/

Most likely it will be early spring before the matches begin based on last year's schedule.

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Hey everyone, sorry it has been awhile since an update. My schedule has changes so have not had the time to take many people out for private shoots. This year we will be hosting 1 big event, a PRS national points race event April29th-May1st, registration goes live January 9th. We will also be having a precision rifle/Long range hunting class sometime in February, will post date when I know for sure. If anyone would like to be a Range Officer for the PRS shoot get ahold of me. You can learn a lot just from watching these guys. Info can be found at http://www.rlrr.mycustomevent.com

December 20th we will be having a 22 rim fire shoot, there will be a 22lr class and an open class for 22 magnums/17hmr. 25$ entry with a 20% of pot payout to winner of 22lr class and 20% to open class, no registration just show up at 9 am, 9:30 is safety brief. There will be 8 stages with about 15 rounds a stage, 16 and younger FREE. will have bonfire going and heat in the barn, BBQ will be ready if anyone wants to cook something.

My biggest problem so far with wanting to go to a public range is of course neighbors and noise, but we are still working on it!

Any questions email me Redkorn1971@gmail.com
Thanks every one

Doug
Attachments
IMG_1338.JPG

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:31 am

IMG_1338.JPG
]2016 Rock lake Rifle Range will be hosting a National PRS point’s race April 29th-May 1st[/b]
Rock Lake Rifle Range is Located 45 minutes south from Spokane Washington in the rolling hills of the Palouse, we have 4000 acres on our private Ranch. The Range is in our long valley and set up to shoot from one side to the other with distances up to 1450 yards. We have some excellent switchy winds to really test a shooters ability for wind calls. We have some excellent natural terrain that provides shooters a real world environment.

Important Match Details
• Registration January 9th 6:00 am http://www.rlrr.mycustomevent.com
• 120 shooter slots, 20 sponsor slots.
• Match cost 250.00, includes T-shirt, breakfast Saturday morning( muffins, orange juice, apple juice, milk) Dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday
• Friday April 29th match check in 1-6PM. Sight in Friday will be between 2-5PM ( will announce sight location after you check in)
• Saturday MANDATORY safety brief 7 AM in front of THE BARN. Match booklet will be handed out at brief. All rules will follow PRS Rules and Rock Lake Rifle Range’s mandatory insurance guidelines. Any failure to comply will result in Match DQ.
• Match goes hot at 8AM Saturday
• Sunday, meet at 6:30 in front of the barn. Match goes hot at 7AM
Important Safety/stage movement
• All PRS rules apply. Please read so you understand and there will be no discrepancies.
• DOWNLOAD PRS RULES AND STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
• We run a cold range, so no loaded handguns, they are not in the match so no need to carry one. There are no venomous snakes on property and no wild creatures that will attack you at close range.
• Chamber flag is required per PRS rules and RLRR insurance policy, if you do not have one, we will provide one.
• Rifles are to be carried with muzzle down! When transitioning on a stage keep muzzle down and bolt open after last shot. Semi-Auto just need to be in safe position.

Match overview
• RLRR strives to put on a fun and safe match with realistic shooting conditions (we usually have a lot of wind) This will be a fast paced match where Shooter will engage targets out to 1250 yards that will be sized accordingly for their distance. All stages will have its each individual guidelines laid out in the Shooter booklet. RO’s will help with any questions that arise. ALL equipment can be used unless specified. I believe if you bought it, use it. This will be a fast pace match with small squads, There will be around 140 shooters so Saturday will be a long day to get all the stages done to make Sunday short. The course is laid out over a mile long so there will be some mild hiking.
Course of Fire/Rifle info
• There will be 16 Stages
• Most stages are set to test shooters ability under stress with time limits.
• 16 Squads that will have 8-9 shooters per squad.
• 5 minute overview of stage as a group.
• Must have chamber flag in until RO says safe to remove.
• No coaching while shooter is under time, however I do encourage new shooters to ask questions before and after. Plus I encourage veteran shooters to help new shooters with questions.
• RO’s will only call IMPACT, after stage time they can tell you where you were hitting.
• Max caliber 300 win mag MAX Speed 3150FPS.
• Bring 200+ Rounds.
Lodging and Match location
2356 Glorfield RD
St. John WA. 99171
The range has dry camping available Free. Porta potty’s on site.
The Holliday INN is 25 minutes from range
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cheney  
Address: 111 Betz Rd, Cheney, WA 99004
Phone: (509) 235-1100

Contact=Doug Glorfield, Match Director 509-939-7855 Email= Redkorn1971@gmail.com