DNR Trust Lands & Spokane Shooting Area Advisory Committee

Discuss local ranges...
Kyle@DNR
Rookie Member
City: Colville

DNR Trust Lands & Spokane Shooting Area Advisory Committee

Post by Kyle@DNR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:21 am

The Spokane County Shooting Area Advisory Committee will be holding a meeting at the Spokane Commissioner’s hearing room on Monday May 18th Starting at 3pm. This will be a public hearing to take public testimony on DNR/South Bank, DNR/Bowie Rd and DNR/Denison-Chattaroy petitions. For more information please visit the Shooting Area Advisory Committee website.

http://www.spokanecounty.org/engineer/c ... spx?c=1501

Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: DNR Trust Lands & Spokane Shooting Area Advisory Committee

Post by Bob R » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 pm

If I could get off I would attend. It is important for shooters to show up and oppose the shutting down of the ranges. The only one I have been to is the Bowie Rd one and that was several years ago. I bet if you find out who started the petition for that site you would find the DB responsible for salting the road into the area with roofing nails a couple of years ago.

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

Bob R

Post by Bob R » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Kyle,

Is the petition turned into the committee public record at this time. It would be nice to see them so an argument could be mounted to them.

bob

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Wrong thread.

:oops:
Last edited by pacnw on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: fire stick
Next Firearm: Bible

Post by Godspyro » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Kyle, thank you for letting us know about this, can you tell us if this change was requested by DNR or by a "concerned citizen"?

Pacnw, you really should go see the site, I haven't been to all of them and I'm not sure what one you are referring to but the ones I have been to have pretty clear areas used for shooting, obviously you can't stop stupid but the vast majority of shooters are not stupid.

Bob and others interested in fighting this.
I have successfully fought a no shooting zone attempt in the past and it is a pain, whoever got the requests on the table had to get over 50% of residents in the area to sign on to the change, by putting them all to the board at the same time they make it harder for us to mount a campaign against the change. If anyone is up for taking charge on an area (especially if you live in the area) please pm your phone number and I will call you and explain what I have learned about it.
Prov 6:6 Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise.

RCW 9.41.010
(9) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

Quotes are stupid. -The Mechanic

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Mon May 18, 2015 11:20 am

Go Guys, is anyone even interested in fighting this or are we just going to let them shut down another Range (or 3)?
Today is the day, if No one else cares then I have better things to do with my night then fight for a bunch of shooters who don't give a sh*t, I have my own range I guess anyone who uses one of the ranges listed can go play paintball instead.

The lack of interest frankly disgusts me

RCW 9.41.010
(9) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

Bob R

Post by Bob R » Mon May 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Silence is lack of interest? Interesting train of thought.

Who knows what has been done by people who aren't on here crowing about their desire to fight this, kind of strange but possible.

I will be there but only to speak about the one off of Bowie road because I have never been to the others so I can't speak to them in terms of nearby houses, trash, etc.

bob

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Personally I'd most likely have been there if I had been aware of it.

This is the most active gun board in this area, and this topic spawned ONE thread 3 weeks ago that got bumped 4 times the first 4 days and then never made it to the top again until it was over?

WOW. I for one sure wish there had been a little less silence in this thread, and a little more chatter to make sure it got noticed sooner...
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Tue May 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Bob R wrote:Silence is lack of interest? Interesting train of thought.

Who knows what has been done by people who aren't on here crowing about their desire to fight this, kind of strange but possible.

I will be there but only to speak about the one off of Bowie road because I have never been to the others so I can't speak to them in terms of nearby houses, trash, etc.

bob
You tell us Bob, was there an overwhelming show of support for keeping the ranges open or was it a bunch of gray hair nags trying to close them down and crickets from our side?

Edit, just saw your post, am I still wrong?

RCW 9.41.010

Bob R

Post by Bob R » Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 am

You tell us Bob, was there an overwhelming show of support for keeping the ranges open or was it a bunch of gray hair nags trying to close them down and crickets from our side?
Not quite crickets from our side, but the emotion riddled testimony from the other side is hard to fight when only a few people who want to prevent the closures show up and take the time to speak. Sadly, your observation of the way it may have been is way to close to the way it was.

bob

Airon
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Deer Park

Post by Airon » Wed May 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Bob R wrote:
Not quite crickets from our side, but the emotion riddled testimony from the other side is hard to fight when only a few people who want to prevent the closures show up and take the time to speak. Sadly, your observation of the way it may have been is way to close to the way it was.

bob
What were we supposed to show up and say?

These places are cesspools and chock full of people with the average iq of about 70. What is the justification that the people who showed up to argue for keeping them open used. Just out of curiosity?

Don't get me wrong I hate blanket bans and no whatever zones. I hate a system that punishes the good for the deeds of the bad but that is the system so working within it, what is our argument? That things will change? They wont.

Unfortunately, the closures will put more pressure on the few remaining areas and they will fall like dominoes. As people lose their places to shoot, we will lose shooters and pro 2A voters.

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Airon wrote:
Bob R wrote:

bob
What were we supposed to show up and say?

These places are cesspools and chock full of people with the average iq of about 70.
What is the justification that the people who showed up to argue for keeping them open used. Just out of curiosity?

Don't get me wrong I hate blanket bans and no whatever zones. I hate a system that punishes the good for the deeds of the bad but that is the system so working within it, what is our argument? That things will change? They wont.
Unfortunately, the closures will put more pressure on the few remaining areas and they will fall like dominoes. As people lose their places to shoot, we will lose shooters and pro 2A voters.
This is pretty much the same question & feelings that I have had as far as these ranges go & I posted similar in another thread to which I was chastised for. I use these ranges from time to time & try to do my part to respect the land & the locals. I also live in the Valley. How is one supposed to feel when someone on the other side of Spokane, who doesn't reside anywhere near the area, shows up & tries to argue that regardless of the bullshit they have to put up w/ my right to shoot trumps their right to enjoy the adjacent land that they purchased. I DON'T LIVE THERE.

Back in 2010 when I joined this site there were several clean-ups that were started & ALL these ranges were open. No matter how hard people have tried in the years since to clean up the crap left by scumbags the ranges were perpetually trashed. I was even for the idea of using trail-cams to catch the bastards in action, but the idea never took off. I hear people say that "We need to police our own". Well, there's the problem, these 'people' are not our own, & they don't give a damn. 1st step is to make people like this 'give a damn' before trying to convince the land owners to do the same concerning our right to use these lands for shooting. This is a tall order & I wouldn't know where to start. It goes beyond just acting like a pig, it goes to using common sense & courtesy when using these areas & as I said, some people have never & will never 'get it'. I also realize that there are those of these land owners that even IF things were drastically improved would still want them shut down for whatever reason they come up w/. However, at least if things WERE improved they would have much less of a leg to stand on in their desire to shut them down completely. As it is now, they have the cards. So, what now? Keep chasing trash? Manners workshop? You tell me.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Wed May 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Back in 2010 when I joined this site there were several clean-ups that were started & ALL these ranges were open.
as much as I disagree with you, I can not disagree with the argument, I have tried multiple times to get Huskyoff to allow someone to head up the range clean up efforts without his direct blessing and the request has been ignored, back in the day we did 4 per year, now we are lucky to get SGT to bless one late in the year. The ranges are a sh*t hole and even when people take pictures and report violators it does nothing, when was the last time you heard of someone being prosecuted for dumping at a range? Oh yea never!! We pay for discovery passes now, yet we have lost two ranges since discovery passes were required.

RCW 9.41.010

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Post by Call Turner » Wed May 20, 2015 11:00 pm

I agree with you guys 100%. This is state land which is ours! But I also agree the trash dumping has to stop. I am personally tired of cleaning up after slobs who use these areas as dumping grounds. Also there are a lot of shooters that do not clean up after themselves. While we call these areas ranges, they are in fact just state land that we use to serve our purpose. I have personally turned in trash dumpers by name and license # and they have never been prosecuted.I live below Stone lodge and hear tannerite going off quite often every week end. Along with propane bottles and plenty of gunfire. I love the sound of gun fire! But I don't know why people gotta blow the illegal crap up. We need plain cloths DNR cops to patrol these areas and ticket the scumbags who litter and shoot trees and dump garbage, to hell with worrying about Discover passes.
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 am

Godspyro wrote:
Back in 2010 when I joined this site there were several clean-ups that were started & ALL these ranges were open.
as much as I disagree with you, I can not disagree with the argument, I have tried multiple times to get Huskyoff to allow someone to head up the range clean up efforts without his direct blessing and the request has been ignored, back in the day we did 4 per year, now we are lucky to get SGT to bless one late in the year. The ranges are a sh*t hole and even when people take pictures and report violators it does nothing, when was the last time you heard of someone being prosecuted for dumping at a range? Oh yea never!! We pay for discovery passes now, yet we have lost two ranges since discovery passes were required.
GP, I am currently working with Kyle @ DNR to schedule a clean-up at Boggs Pit (Deer Park). I am waiting to hear back from Kyle as to what is a good date for him to join us in this effort. Prior to contacting Kyle I PM'd Huskyoff asking his permission to promote this pending clean-up in SGT's name and he responded at once with total support. As soon as I hear from Kyle I will start an aggressive promotion here on these pages and hopefully we can get a turnout like we did in the "old days". The one clean-up we did in SGT's name last year was at Stone Lodge (Suncrest) and both the turn out and the results were a huge success. More info to follow.

Godspyro
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Godspyro » Thu May 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Sounds good, I think cleanups are what made SGT great.

RCW 9.41.010