shootout!

Discuss local ranges...
Redbeardfabshop
City: Rathdrum ID
Favorite Firearm: 300 win mag
Next Firearm: .45 steyr

shootout!

Post by Redbeardfabshop » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Your local target manufacturer, Red Beard Fab Shop, will be holding a shooting event at farrugut shooting range in Athol, Id on August 13th. It will start at 10:00 a.m. and go until 5:00 p.m. We will have our stand kits, dueling trees, and AR500 targets available for everyone to shootout. We will not be charging to attend, however the range does charge $5.00 per person to shoot at the range. To help with the admission, we will be giving you $5.00 off of any purchase made that day. We hope to see you, your friends and family out there to enjoy the great time! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 208-758-1127. Or visit our website http://www.redbeardfabshop.com/ or our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Redbeardfs/.

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Re: shootout!

Post by BC38 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:59 pm

Looks great! Thanks for sponsoring and for posting this.
Guess I'm gonna have to go crank out a couple of more boxes of reloads and show up for this event!
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by BC38 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Anybody else planning on attending tomorrow?
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by BC38 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 am

Hmmmn, weird. Is there something wrong with Farragut that I don't know about?
From the website it looks like a pretty cool place to shoot.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest....

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by BC38 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Well, just got back about an hour ago and sorted through my brass. I was the only one there who reloads so I got brass from just about everybody on the pistol range the whole 2-1/2 hours I was there. Made out like a bandit and brought home about 3x as much brass as I shot - easily got more than my $5 admission fee back in once fired brass! :D

I shot about 100 rounds each of 44 special, 44 magnum, 357 magnum, and 9mm.
Pretty much shot all of it at one of the RedBeard dueling trees they had set up at 10 yards.

Had a great time. Got to meet Casey and his delightful wife Christine - the owners of RedBeard. Christine stayed at the pistol range the whole time while Casey spent most of his time at the rifle range. Christine shot a couple of my 44's and seemed to get a kick out of them (pun intended). ;) Really nice young couple and their products seem to be good quality and very sturdy.

Sorry to say that the SGT turnout was pretty much nil. I'd have loved to see scrappy, hatchdog, ron, RJ, 480 Ruger and some of you other guys up there. We'll have to set up an event there sometime. It's a little ways to drive, but it is a VERY nice facility. Maybe we can all carpool or something. I'll gladly take point as organizer if there is any interest. I have a FS Suburban diesel that would haul me and up to 7 other passengers and their gear up there quite economically.

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Great post. Would have gone if I could. Sounds like it was a great time.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

480 Ruger
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: M1A
Next Firearm: Socom 2

Post by 480 Ruger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:51 pm

I had to work but I would love to do it if it gets organized again
Rest easy, sleep well my brothers
Know the line has held,your job is done.
Rest easy, sleep well.
Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.
Peace, peace and farewell

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:24 am

"Sorry to say that the SGT turnout was pretty much nil. I'd have loved to see scrappy, hatchdog, ron, RJ, 480 Ruger and some of you other guys up there. We'll have to set up an event there sometime. It's a little ways to drive, but it is a VERY nice facility. Maybe we can all carpool or something. I'll gladly take point as organizer if there is any interest. I have a FS Suburban diesel that would haul me and up to 7 other passengers and their gear up there quite economically."

Sounds like fun, I would be in!