ROCK LAKE RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING FACILITY, TAKING MEMBERS NOW!

Discuss local ranges...
1000yardshooter1234
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: Defiance machine
Next Firearm: 6mm Creedmoor

ROCK LAKE RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING FACILITY, TAKING MEMBERS NOW!

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:33 pm

]
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.11 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
IMG_1833.JPG
MEMBERSHIPS FOR SINGLE, FAMILY, 25% OFF ACTIVE MILITARY AND LE
We will be fully open September 17th. LIMITED SHOOTING STARTING August 20th!! We are taking memberships now. http://WWW.ROCKLAKERIFLERANGE.COM
Any Questions please email me at Redkorn1971@gmail.com

YEARLY CONTRACTS ARE REQUIRED, PAY MONTHLY OR ANNUAL.

45 minutes from downtown Spokane. Hours will be 9 am till 1 hour before sunset. We will have address soon as we built all this from scratch. If you know where Rock Lake is the facility is just before it. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO MISS IT!
A new website will be ready by mid-August.

First of all, thank you for your time and interest. A lot of you have heard about Rock lake Rifle Range. We have been hosting events there for the last 4 years. Well now we have a built a separate area just as epic for your long range needs. Or any shooting needs for that matter. I have been working with several large companies that will be buying corporate memberships. With those come demo days where they will have their product (Rifles, Actions, Optics, Ammo) there for you to get a firsthand look and even shoot. Being a member you will get notifications through new website (ready by September) of all upcoming events.

We will also host monthly precision rifle matches, 22 rim fire. We will be hosting lots of different kinds of trainings year round, Long range A building will have propane heat before fall with individual curtains to open to shoot through. We are working on having something for all types of shooters, f-class, 3-gun, rim fire, USPSA, Black Powder. We are always open to ideas.

The goal of RLRR is to provide a private world class shooting facility to our members. We will cap membership at no more than 250 members in order to allow for an uncrowded range visit for our members every time.
Bear with us on this build, it all takes time and money.

What we have now is 55 acres of non- farmable land that we turned into 2 long range rifle areas with targets soon out to A MILE, 2 large dedicated carbine bays that can double as pistol bays. 3-4 more pistol bays are coming.

Long Range A IS READY, we have this up and running… A 14’ X 63’ covered building to protect you from the elements. BY WINTER IT WILL BE ENCLOSED WITH PROPANE HEAT. We have put in 30 steel targets from 250yards out to 1420 yards. These consist of 45%, 66%, and 100% IPSC targets, diamonds, circles, animal targets, Know Your Limit Rack, and Poppers in circle form and squirrel shape. Within the next month we will be adding at least 10 more to give you 40 plus targets to shoot at long range A. We have a Moving target system from In Motion Targets, this is one of the best movers money can buy. This model will allow change of speed and stop and start from remote control. Check out http://www.inmotiontargets.com for more info. This runs by generator so we will try and have it going at least 10 days a month. We will also host Mover training days.
Long range B will have targets starting at 500 yards out to a Mile (1760). We are almost finished doing dirt work for long range B rifle area. We hope to have this open for shooting with a gravel surface by end of September. Our plan is to have a cover over the area by end of October. This will be a 40 foot shipping box with a shooting platform on top with a roof.
The range shoots out into scab land and farm land that sometimes will have to be shut down as my brother does not care to be a moving target. Ha ha. So with that said there will be around a month and a half throughout the year we will be closed. This closures will sometimes be several days up to a week and a half (Main Wheat harvest) this will also be the time we will do range maintenance.
2 pistol bays are ready!! But by the end of August we will have the bays lined with some steel and specialty targets ready for USPSA and 3 gun comps. Additionally Long range A will have 2 20ft shipping containers stacked for a 2 story shoot house. We are going to reinvest 70% of membership dues until our goals are complete. Our 3-6 year long term goals is to have a club house, pro shop and on sight lodging.

http://WWW.ROCKLAKERIFLERANGE.COM
Attachments
IMG_2839.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG

Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: ROCK LAKE RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING FACILITY, TAKING MEMBERS NOW!

Post by Bob R » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:25 am

I see where the "Membership Orientation" which is required prior to getting membership is ~ 50 dollars. What is the price of a yearly membership, or is that it?

thanks

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

Mossy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I sold

Post by Mossy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:41 am

I also could not find the price on the website. He responded in a pm and it's $35/month for an individual membership.
A big thanks to fellow veterans and active duty personnel/family for your sacrifice of this country

Bob R

Post by Bob R » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:55 am

Thanks

bob

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:31 am

As much as I like the facility, $420 a year plus a $50 orientation is a bit steep for my blood.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

Bob R

Post by Bob R » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:52 am

scrappy wrote:As much as I like the facility, $420 a year plus a $50 orientation is a bit steep for my blood.
As much as I hate to say it, mine also, especially for a range I may only use 4 times a year. Perhaps a day rate after an orientation would be something the owners could look at.

For something like that make a minimum visit per year necessary or you have to redo the orientation. Something like 4 times a year or once a quarter to maintain familiarity with the range and rules.

Just a thought. ;)

bob

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:20 am

Went to a rifle range in Florida it was 10.00 for an hour. This mandatory 1 year membership requirement is going to leave a sh*t ton off money off this guys table. Make a brochure/orientation sign that the person had read it. Move forward. Give them a card with a unique ID number on it and log them in each visit...maybe a guy geos once a year. refer back to the log, probably and excel spread sheet saying they've already been through the orientation. Who doesn't have some sort of ipad or android tablet nowadays. My kids were 5.00 each for the hour. dude made 20.00 an hour.
Mica peak was 5.00 a person. dude made 15.00. we were the about an hour last time I went there. 2012.ish
Do or do not there is no try.

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:44 am

Bob R wrote:
scrappy wrote:As much as I like the facility, $420 a year plus a $50 orientation is a bit steep for my blood.
As much as I hate to say it, mine also, especially for a range I may only use 4 times a year. Perhaps a day rate after an orientation would be something the owners could look at.

For something like that make a minimum visit per year necessary or you have to redo the orientation. Something like 4 times a year or once a quarter to maintain familiarity with the range and rules.

Just a thought. ;)

bob
+1 Bob,

I have shot at this range a few times and it is lots of fun. For me, both the cost of an annual membership and the distance from Deer Park makes a membership not worthwhile. I too would be interested in paying for the orientation and then a daily rate from there on. I expect I would use the range a half dozen times per year so if I was charged say $20. per visit that would be $170.00 in the owners pocket. Good idea on the orientation re-take if one doesn't use the range within a year of it.

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Hey guys we are listening and thanks for the input. I will work on setting it up where you can purchase single up to 6 visits a year. You will still be required to do membership orientation but you will also get a free shoot day. There are going to be a lot of shooting areas and the only way to show you is walk you around. Once you do orientation you won't have to do it again. With the website I am using, when you create an account I can message you via email and text with any range notification, Safety updates, or any new thing we add to the range. This will be a benefit for any fun things going on, Matches, Demo days, 22 shoots etc. for some of you that have shot down here, this is a completely different area, it is right off highway closer to Rock lake. We have done some major dirt pushing and I will still be on the Dozer for the next 4 days adding more pistol bays, privacy berms and roads that lead to all the shooting areas, you will be able to drive to all shooting areas. I will be working on finishing website end of next week and will get the individual purchases figured out and added. Looking forward to seeing some of you down there.

Thanks
RLRR

Grace_Hunter07
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: 700Rem
Next Firearm: ???

Post by Grace_Hunter07 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

PM sent

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Well things have dried out and we are continuing are work. We got a lot done before heavy winter hit. Pistol bays have some steel. Getting some more gravel hauled soon and Long range B shoot tower is getting built. We also did some re-structuring of the business that has allowed us to drop our prices dramatically. We also decided to do a 6 month membership for the fair weather shooters. Thanks to all the members that have come out and helped with the build.
We are looking to build berms for 600 and 1000 yard f-class soon.
Designated 100yard, 3 long range areas with steel from 250-1400, lots of it!!
Always an uncrowded visit!
For membership go to:

http://www.rocklakeriflerange.com
Monthly 20.00
6 month 130.00
Annual 240.00
We also have family Monthly and annual plans available, go to website.
resized1.jpg
resized2.jpg
resized3.jpg
resize 4.jpg

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:07 am

Well things have dried out and we are continuing are work. We got a lot done before heavy winter hit. Pistol bays have some steel. Getting some more gravel hauled soon and Long range B shoot tower is getting built. We also did some re-structuring of the business that has allowed us to drop our prices dramatically. We also decided to do a 6 month membership for the fair weather shooters. Thanks to all the members that have come out and helped with the build.
We are looking to build berms for 600 and 1000 yard f-class soon.
Designated 100yard, 3 long range areas with steel from 250-1400, lots of it!!
Always an uncrowded visit!
For membership go to:

http://www.rocklakeriflerange.com
Monthly 20.00
6 month 130.00
Annual 240.00
We also have family Monthly and annual plans available, go to website.
resized1.jpg
resized2.jpg
resized3.jpg
resize 4.jpg
Monthly matches coming up starting June 24th

Georro
City: Coeur d'Alene, ID

Post by Georro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Maybe I missed it, but do you have any caliber restrictions on your steel? Is .50 BMG okay?

Also, is it open to just show up and shoot (with a membership obviously) or only for matches?

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 am

Georro wrote:Maybe I missed it, but do you have any caliber restrictions on your steel? Is .50 BMG okay?

Also, is it open to just show up and shoot (with a membership obviously) or only for matches?
Georro, I suggest you send a PM (PM button to the right of the screen) to the Rock Lake range. Doug the owner is not on these pages very often but will respond to PM's as they will show up in his email. Be sure you select the PM button on the original post to get to the right party.

Welcome to SGT by the way! :D

Georro
City: Coeur d'Alene, ID

Post by Georro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

Thanks, will do!

1000yardshooter1234

Post by 1000yardshooter1234 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks hatchdog, got the pm and responded. Just for anyone else I do have a couple 50 cal proof targets at 950-1200. A membership is still required! With the membership you get the gate code and can just show up and shoot from 9am- hour before sunset. Thanks
Happy 4th of July everyone