Site Owner
City: Suncrest
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: SGT Range Clean-up..... Deer Park Sept. 24th

Post by JeremyD » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 am

I will not be able to make it but, I would like to donate a few oil change gift certificates to help out for the raffle :D

Thank all of you for the effort and support!!

JD

Veritatem Cognoscere

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:39 am

^^^^

Outstanding, thanks JeremyD!

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:47 am

bladebum wrote:
bladebum wrote:
bladebum wrote:If you thought that a range clean up, bbq and a fun shoot was going to be a fun and worthwhile event by itself, you would be correct.

But wait... there's more! :lol:

As a little incentive (and to increase the fun factor just a little bit more) I've decided to donate a couple of items for a drawing.

1st: A 333 round brick of Winchester 36 gr hollow point .22 LR ammo.
2nd: A "Team Glock" ball cap (new).

Here's how it'll work.
1) Anyone that attends the range clean up (even if you can't stay all day) (13 years old or older) will be eligible to enter the drawing.
2) Only one entry per person.
3) The drawing will be held after the range clean is done and before the bbq / fun shoot starts.
4) Winner of the first draw will have their choice of the items offered.
5) Winner of the first draw will not be eligible for the second item draw.
6) etc... etc... until all prizes are given away.
7) If a minor (13+ but under 21) happens to win the ammo, a parent (or adult sponsor) will take initial possession of the ammo.

In addition, I will bring the SGT donation can for those that wish to make a cash donation to the site. Any amount is helpful and is greatly appreciated. If you are a general member (white member name) and want to upgrade to Premium member status, (red member name) please include your user name and amount donated ($20 or more required for the upgrade) along with your donation to the can.

hatchdog, please let me know if I've forgotten anything on this... :)

ruger338 wrote:I will donate a box of 9mm fmj to the drawing :D
BC38 wrote:I'll donate a soft rifle case AND a leather revolver holster to the drawing!
RLHas: I'll throw into the drawing Free Labor (up to 60.00) on a trigger job for a pistol EG: Glock, an M&P, a 1911, Beretta, Sig P series or whatever else...
(no Hi Pointes or Kel-Tecs)
hatchdog: Zebthemighty1, member from the Deer Park area has donated this new Buck M/119 knive to the prize drawing at this weekends clean-up. Unfortunately Zeb's work schedule will not allow him to attend this event but he has been at several prior clean-ups. Thanks Zebthemighty1!
Postby JeremyD » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 am
I will not be able to make it but, I would like to donate a few oil change gift certificates to help out for the raffle :D
Thanks guys... We'll add these items to the drawing. :D
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

dlhutch822
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 50BMG
Next Firearm: Psalm 144:1

Post by dlhutch822 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Thank you all for doing this! I would really like to be there but I work on Saturdays :(
INVISIBLE SOLES LEAVE .50 HOLES.........SUPPORT SGT!!!!

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:01 pm

I didn't want to commit until I knew for sure but I will be available. Wife won't be available this year and the kid is off to college so just me this time. I'll throw some .22 into the drawing as well.

bladebum

Post by bladebum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:07 pm

bladebum wrote:
bladebum wrote:
bladebum wrote:
bladebum wrote:If you thought that a range clean up, bbq and a fun shoot was going to be a fun and worthwhile event by itself, you would be correct.

But wait... there's more! :lol:

As a little incentive (and to increase the fun factor just a little bit more) I've decided to donate a couple of items for a drawing.

1st: A 333 round brick of Winchester 36 gr hollow point .22 LR ammo.
2nd: A "Team Glock" ball cap (new).

Here's how it'll work.
1) Anyone that attends the range clean up (even if you can't stay all day) (13 years old or older) will be eligible to enter the drawing.
2) Only one entry per person.
3) The drawing will be held after the range clean is done and before the bbq / fun shoot starts.
4) Winner of the first draw will have their choice of the items offered.
5) Winner of the first draw will not be eligible for the second item draw.
6) etc... etc... until all prizes are given away.
7) If a minor (13+ but under 21) happens to win the ammo, a parent (or adult sponsor) will take initial possession of the ammo.

In addition, I will bring the SGT donation can for those that wish to make a cash donation to the site. Any amount is helpful and is greatly appreciated. If you are a general member (white member name) and want to upgrade to Premium member status, (red member name) please include your user name and amount donated ($20 or more required for the upgrade) along with your donation to the can.

hatchdog, please let me know if I've forgotten anything on this... :)

ruger338 wrote:I will donate a box of 9mm fmj to the drawing :D
BC38 wrote:I'll donate a soft rifle case AND a leather revolver holster to the drawing!
RLHas: I'll throw into the drawing Free Labor (up to 60.00) on a trigger job for a pistol EG: Glock, an M&P, a 1911, Beretta, Sig P series or whatever else...
(no Hi Pointes or Kel-Tecs)
hatchdog: Zebthemighty1, member from the Deer Park area has donated this new Buck M/119 knive to the prize drawing at this weekends clean-up. Unfortunately Zeb's work schedule will not allow him to attend this event but he has been at several prior clean-ups. Thanks Zebthemighty1!
Postby JeremyD » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 am
Postby roger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:01 pm
I'll throw some .22 into the drawing as well.
Thanks guys... We'll add these items to the drawing. :D
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter
City: DEER PARK
Favorite Firearm: bergara 308
Next Firearm: 50 beo

Post by ruger338 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:05 pm

I should have another 2 or 3 coming

mauser54
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Silsbee
State: Texas
Favorite Firearm: Ones that i own
Next Firearm: What ever tickles me

Post by mauser54 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:05 pm

hatchdog,
I'm afraid you will have to count me out. I won't be able to help out due to some back problems that started up this morning. Would love to be able to help out but just won't be able to this time as I was really looking forward to it. Hope the range cleanup has a good turnout and everyone enjoys themselves.
Gunsmith Graduate with Degree
30 years experience
General firearm repair
DuraCoating service
Customizing firearms.
Contact me by:
- Pm through SGT
- Email - mauser54@yahoo.com

"Second Amendment" America's Original Homeland Security

"The criminal needs to be taught to fear his victim"
Jeff Cooper

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator

Post by hatchdog » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:20 am

mauser54 wrote:hatchdog,
I'm afraid you will have to count me out. I won't be able to help out due to some back problems that started up this morning. Would love to be able to help out but just won't be able to this time as I was really looking forward to it. Hope the range cleanup has a good turnout and everyone enjoys themselves.
Hey, don't hesitate to come by for a visit if your back allows. Have a bite to eat and share some stories...... :D

.308milspec4572
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Plummer
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Saiga .308

Post by .308milspec4572 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:27 pm

My family had a great time at the clean up, and really enjoyed the good company there as well. Everyone took initiative, and cleaned almost everything at the range in like 3 hours. I was pleasantly surprised at the timeframe the range was cleaned in. Food was great, and my favorite food was the canned pickles! Thanks again for everyone who was there, I would spend my time cleaning a range with all of you again any day.
People's Rights

bladebum

Post by bladebum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:49 pm

Great day, great people, damn good food, and a outstanding job on cleaning up one of the last free outdoor ranges available to us.
Special thanks to:
Dan Anderson (DNR) for meeting the crew on site and giving up a Saturday to help us get it done.
hatchdog for putting this whole thing together and being the master chef of the day. Outstanding job! Good BBQ!
All the members and their families that were able to make it out and help with the clean up.
All the members that donated prizes for the drawing.
All the members that donated food, drink, etc for the event.
The members that made cash donations to the site.
Congratulations to all the winners in the drawing today.
Pictures on the way..... :D

Last edited by bladebum on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ruger338 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Hey all had a great time an would love to do it again my wife an I enjoyed getting to meet you all an i would like to say thanks to Dan with DNR an Hatchdog and Bladebum
An also sorry to Get off the x for breaking your target that wasn't on purpose an my wife felt very bad.......

I'd love to get one of the group pics if possible

Hope you all had as much fun as we did an thanks to everyone..

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:14 pm

The place looks awesome!!! Great job to all!!!!
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:31 pm

The event was definitely a complete success. The weather just couldn't possibly have been any better for working outdoors.
Mid to upper sixties with mild breezes and alternating periods of sunshine and light cloud cover. Absolutely perfect.

Only 2-3 hours of hard work for 30 or so people and it looked like a completely different place.
Of course in that 2-3 hours we gathered up one and a half big truckloads of garbage (as seen in the photos).
That was followed by an hour or so of eating lots of good food at the BBQ.
Then we finished up with another 2-3 hours worth of target practice.

So we did some good work, had some good food, and had a good time with a good bunch of folks.
I can't think of a better way to have spent a Saturday!
Too bad that some of you guys had other commitments and weren't able to make it. But there's always next time!
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator

Post by hatchdog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:11 am

[quote="bladebum"]Great day, great people, damn good food, and a outstanding job on cleaning up one of the last free outdoor ranges available to us.
Special thanks to:
Dan Anderson (DNR) for meeting the crew on site and giving up a Saturday to help us get it done.
hatchdog for putting this whole thing together and being the master chef of the day. Outstanding job! Good BBQ!
All the members and their families that were able to make it out and help with the clean up.
All the members that donated prizes for the drawing.
All the members that donated food, drink, etc for the event.
The members that made cash donations to the site.
Congratulations to all the winners in the drawing today.
Pictures on the way..... :D

In addition to the thanks given by Bladebum above I would like to add the following:

Special thanks to Bladebum for helping promote the clean-up on SGT. His efforts doubled the number of folks who came out. Also for his efforts taking and posting all the pictures. As we know, posting pics with Tinypic is a time consuming process. To post the number of pictures Bladebum did required a good amount of his time. Thanks BB!

BC38 for using his compact SUV pulling a trailer to haul the trash to the central pick-up location.

The parents who brought out their children, young and old. This is the next generation of 2A proponents and is great to see them at a firearms related event that is so positive in regards to community service, camaraderie amongst strangers with a common interest and just a fun outing in general.

We made a new friend in Dan from DNR, who along with Alan, Kyle and Chuck that we have worked with in the past was so very helpful and pleasant to work with. Dan told me that SGT has a positive reputation within Eastern Washington DNR and that this organization appreciates our efforts as much as we appreciate their support.

Here is a list of the attendees, it's probably not complete so speak up if you were there and not listed. :)

G23&ME
bentspike;
Get off the X
Bladebum
hatchdog
Wolf Semtex
roger
HH375HH
Mcroberts307
Ruger338
Bad Pirate
Just Think
.308milspec4572
BC38
lanyard

I know there are others who were there but did not sign the list, kudos to you too!
Last edited by hatchdog on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ruger338 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:14 am

Badpirate was there

Roland the Headless
Gun Trader
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: single 7/ henry .327
Next Firearm: none no more

Post by Roland the Headless » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:44 am

when is the next get together I am so bummed I didn't make it
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler .22 mkII
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:18 pm

BC38 wrote:The event was definitely a complete success. The weather just couldn't possibly have been any better for working outdoors.
Mid to upper sixties with mild breezes and alternating periods of sunshine and light cloud cover. Absolutely perfect.

Only 2-3 hours of hard work for 30 or so people and it looked like a completely different place.
Of course in that 2-3 hours we gathered up one and a half big truckloads of garbage (as seen in the photos).
That was followed by an hour or so of eating lots of good food at the BBQ.
Then we finished up with another 2-3 hours worth of target practice.

So we did some good work, had some good food, and had a good time with a good bunch of folks.
I can't think of a better way to have spent a Saturday!
Too bad that some of you guys had other commitments and weren't able to make it. But there's always next time!
Yeah. I'm really bummed about missing out. I was really looking forward to it. Next time I will be better prepared for any contingency that might arise.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.