Republic WA: Free public covered rifle/ pistol range, pics!

Discuss local ranges...
John E Davies
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them

Republic WA: Free public covered rifle/ pistol range, pics!

Post by John E Davies » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:28 am

This is the only range info I can find for the Republic Gun Club (shotgun): .... https://www.facebook.com/Republic-Gun-C ... 665964165/ .... and there is no mention of any centerfire ranges.

I have visited Republic half a dozen times and I knew that there was a shotgun range, but I had NO IDEA that it was just three minutes due south from downtown and that there is also a FREE public rifle and pistol range across the dirt road from it! I discovered this accidentally while looking at Google Earth. I have never found any indication of this range on the Internet. It seems to be a local secret. I asked about this here at SGT six months ago and nobody seemed to know it was there.

Bigger and more pics here - sorry for the poor cell phone quality: ..... http://www.spokanister.net/images_web/S ... _Republic/

I did not shoot at this visit (Tuesday Oct 11). It is a Bring Your Own Target Stand kind of range with no apparent staff or equipment, unless it is hidden in that Sheriff's trailer. There is a toilet, a trash can and ample parking. It seemed reasonably well maintained. There are a couple of concrete rifle benches at the 200 (?) yard rifle lane, and a couple of wooden pistol shelfs along the two pistol firing lines, but it is mostly a stand-up-and-blast facility. It is decently sheltered so you can use it in winter unless it is really cold and the wind is blowing (no walls).

The next time any of you passes through Republic on Hwy 20, stop by for a look and to pop off a few rounds. Republic is 120 miles/ 2.5 hrs north then west from downtown Spokane. Beware of 5600 ft Sherman Pass in snow season! The route up from the south of Republic via the Keller Ferry and Reservation is a great low altitude alternative, but much slower.

John Davies