upnorth
Gun Trader
City: COLVILLE
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Love them all same
Next Firearm: Hk p7

Public access Stimson

Post by upnorth » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 pm

I have been studying public access from Stimson and other logging companies. I have read by word of mouth that Stimson does not allow predator hunting. I read some Stimson rules that say no varmint or target practice. So I'm wondering what is a varmint and what is a predator. To me a varmint is a squirrel and a predator is a bear, coyotes etc. thinking back to a few weeks ago I was on some Stimson hunting bears got me me a bit curious.

I called them 6 months ago about a question but never could reach anyone. Also, does anyone know anything about Riley creek lumber and if they allow access.

Edit.

I guess I read it as you follow fishing and wildlife regs minus the "varmints"

http://stimson_lumber.s3.amazonaws.com/community/files/PublicAccess_2015.pdf

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Re: Public access Stimson

Post by dmoua » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 pm

I think all Stimson land is still closed to the public due to high fire danger. But from what I know you can hunt anything on it following WDFW game laws.

Edit: they just reopened this past Monday to the public.
Last edited by dmoua on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Post by dmoua » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Bear is considered big game.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

upnorth
Gun Trader

Post by upnorth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 am

Ya last weekend I avoided Stimson but I saw the bullitin. I realize bears are biggame for as far as regs are conxerned. Before I found the rules I typed this post and came back to edit. I think I answered my question. So does anyone know about Riley creek?

upnorth
Gun Trader

Post by upnorth » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:43 am

any info on hancock property? i see you can lease it on the west side but dont know anything about it over here.

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by hatchdog » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:44 am

upnorth wrote:any info on hancock property? i see you can lease it on the west side but dont know anything about it over here.
It's my understanding that the former Boise Cascade property east of Deer Lake is now owned by Hancock. This property has been a road closure area by agreement between the WDFW and the timber company (s) for years but is open for hunting by foot or bicycle and I don't expect this to change. Also, there is a large piece of property in northern Stevens county that I frequent. This property was originally owned by Boise Cascade, then was sold to Forest Capitol and now is owned by Hancock. This took place over two years ago and to date there has been no changes to access. This property is not gated and has remained so. Signs are posted at the entrance listing rules of use, i.e. stay on established roads, no firewood cutting, no camping etc. but is open for hunting, hiking, atv's, and so forth. Like you, I have tried to research Hancock but only find information relating to their holdings on the west side.

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Post by Rigger28 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:29 am

upnorth wrote:I have been studying public access from Stimson and other logging companies. I have read by word of mouth that Stimson does not allow predator hunting. I read some Stimson rules that say no varmint or target practice. So I'm wondering what is a varmint and what is a predator. To me a varmint is a squirrel and a predator is a bear, coyotes etc. thinking back to a few weeks ago I was on some Stimson hunting bears got me me a bit curious.

I called them 6 months ago about a question but never could reach anyone. Also, does anyone know anything about Riley creek lumber and if they allow access.

Edit.

I guess I read it as you follow fishing and wildlife regs minus the "varmints"

http://stimson_lumber.s3.amazonaws.com/community/files/PublicAccess_2015.pdf
Your link is all related to Oregon, I'm sure you knew that already but does anyone have a Washington version of that link? There is a gated road on the north end of our property that I have always called the Stimson gate but I have no idea if it's really Stimson property. Everything else surrounding our property is NFS so I may have been calling by the wrong name for all these years. Thanks.