Leupold/Redfield Customer Service

General non-specific firearm talk...
Frontier Gear
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Orient, WA

Leupold/Redfield Customer Service

Post by Frontier Gear » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Most of you probably already know that Redfield has been owned by Leupold for a while know (2008). The Redfieled Revolution scopes are made by Leupold, in the Leupold (Beaverton Oregon) factory. This year I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had to contact them twice.

First was when I lost one adjustment cover while sighting in the kid's rifle. I called Redfield and was greeted by someone answering the phone as "Leupold and Stevens". I asked where I could buy a new cover and they asked for my home address. Then they shipped me two new covers for free.

Second was after a successful coyote hunt this summer with my 300 blackout. On the way home, the scope got "banged" somehow. It completely bent the front lock ring. I called up Redfield again and was greeted by the now familiar "Leupold and Stevens". After a humbling confession, they told me to mail it to them. I received it back three weeks later completely repaired and with a copy of the technician's report. It was disassembled, given a "complete internal inspection", "mechanical inspection", "visual inspection" and "replaced the objective lock ring". Also included was the adjustment report.

This was all without a charge of any kind. No questions asked. I own a Leupold brand "scout" scope and I can't tell any difference in quality between the Redfield Revolutions and the Leupold. Needless to say, I'm pretty sold on their customer service and value for a local USA made scope.
https://frontiergear.us/
Frontier Gear Sporting Goods and AR Parts

257ROBERT
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Elk
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Model 70 Featherweig
Next Firearm: Undecided
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Leupold/Redfield Customer Service

Post by 257ROBERT » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank God Leupold now owns them. Redfield used to have a horrible reputation on their fake warranty which was, in no small measure why Burris left and started his own company. Now that Leupold owns them, I would be confident that problems would be taken care of in a timely professional manner.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right".

DO NOT DRINK AND TYPE! It never ends well.

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Good to know, thanks. It's always good to hear about customer service good or bad. I have had great service with RCBS reloading I called them up and told that that I lost a part and wanted to buy a new one, as I couldn't find it anywhere for sale and then sent me a new one for free. Also have had great service with Ruger. Horrible service with Beretta though.

It would be nice if we had a place on here dedicated to customer service from different companies with maybe a customer service score or something. I try to only buy from companies that are known for customer service such as Vortex and Bravo Company, I've never needed their customer service, but from what I hear they are top notch as well.

Will never buy another Beretta product again though not even if it is 75% off.

F350Crew
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls IDAHO!!
Favorite Firearm: 6.5 GAP/1911
Next Firearm: Lever 44 Mag

Post by F350Crew » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:37 pm

LOL, ok, so i too have just lost one of my adjustment caps from my Gold ring Vari X 2 and was very kindly i might add, sent this link!
I already emailed them and asked for the same.
Thanks for the heads up,
Mike :{)
"Integrity & Honor"

F350Crew
SGT Premium Supporter

Re: Leupold/Redfield Customer Service AA++

Post by F350Crew » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:56 am

Spoke with Leupold's C.S. and they sent me out two brand new threaded scope caps!! So, now i have one extra if that ever happens to anyone else let me know and you can have the extra one i have!!
:{)
"Integrity & Honor"

Frontier Gear
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Orient, WA

Post by Frontier Gear » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:40 am

Glad that it worked out as well for you as it did for me.
https://frontiergear.us/
Frontier Gear Sporting Goods and AR Parts

F350Crew
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by F350Crew » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:35 pm

UPDATE....

I took the VariX II out to sight in the new 7mm-08 and it would not Zero. There simply was not enough verticle adjustment to get it to Zero. I removed the Scope, called Leupold's C.S. and sent it to them for repair. Without even an email saying it was done, they sent the scope back. Upon opening it, i noticed that it was not my old scope reconditioned..........BUT, a brand spankin' new Vari-X II Gold Ring Scope...!!!
Thank you ever so much Leupold!!

"Integrity & Honor"
"Integrity & Honor"

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:57 pm

F350Crew wrote:UPDATE....

I took the VariX II out to sight in the new 7mm-08 and it would not Zero. There simply was not enough verticle adjustment to get it to Zero. I removed the Scope, called Leupold's C.S. and sent it to them for repair. Without even an email saying it was done, they sent the scope back. Upon opening it, i noticed that it was not my old scope reconditioned..........BUT, a brand spankin' new Vari-X II Gold Ring Scope...!!!
Thank you ever so much Leupold!!

"Integrity & Honor"

As someone else has already said, It's always good to hear about customer service good or bad. I have had good customer service from Ruger, so-so service from Keltec, but unbelievably POOR service from H&R 1871 and the Remington repair shop that handled the repairs. Remington, Marlin, and H&R are now owned by The Freedom Group and recently I read a post by another member who had a very bad experience with Marlin. Like him, I will never buy a new Remington, Marlin, or H&R. Also I have had problems ordering products from Optics Planet so it's good to hear this about Redfield but it doesn't surprise me since they are now owned by Leopold.

Problems with The Freedom Group:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=108873
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.