General non-specific firearm talk...
The Mechanic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: something in .46acp

Re: The Spokane Gun Show

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 pm

BenTolson wrote:Attended the Reno gun show last weekend... same type of results seen in Spokane & the last Missoula show... low buyer turnout... many table holders not covering expenses. Several dealers & collectors from Spokane area there too.... talked to them all, and they echoed what I experienced... guess we'll have to simply work our way through this situation.
Are these gun shows how you (or any of your buddies) make a living or is it more of a hobby? It seems like you'd have no chance to make ends meet nowadays...with the interwebs and whatnot.
"Kill 'em with kindness"

Do these moobs make you randy? Do they baby?!?

BT!
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hunter
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: Combat Commander
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by BT! » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:45 am

Are these gun shows how you (or any of your buddies) make a living or is it more of a hobby? It seems like you'd have no chance to make ends meet nowadays...with the interwebs and whatnot.
For my friends, it is their business... it's been my "self supporting" hobby for the last 10 years. The internet has actually helped me with getting rid of what I find. BTW... went to Oregon Arms Collectors show in Portland Friday & Saturday... it's small, maybe 200 tables at the Portland Airport Holiday Inn Conference Center... every table was filled, there were some amazing displays too. Very well attended & money was changing hands. It's their clubs "major show" and is only held once a year. There were a few "black" guns scattered around. There were no commercial FFL bulk sellers with stacks of boxed guns... mostly antique dealers & vintage firearms.

seekers
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Newman Lake, WA
Favorite Firearm: Seekins SP10 308
Next Firearm: Thinking...

Post by seekers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:06 am

Did anyone go to or get a table at this April's gun show? Wondering how it went with the new owners and the turn out?

Any input is appreciated,

thanks,
Seekers
May God Bless America in these times of recovery.

For Evil to Prevail, it needs only for Good Men to do Nothing!
By Edmund Burke

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

Post by Sandaholic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 am

I had intended to go but the signs all over basically stating that it was a "safe space" turned me around and I went for a hike in the sunshine with my daughter instead. If I have a CHL and the weapon will stay in its holster concealed and unhandled I see no reason I can not remain armed. I just got the feeling that if someone saw any sort of print on me it was going to cause trouble. So I treated the gun show like any other business that has restrictive firearms rules and I chose to do business elsewhere.

No harm no foul I guess. Just seems a bit over the top to me for people who.......appreciate/love firearms and the 2nd amendment.
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:51 am

I went on Friday afternoon, wasn't very crowded but I left before the after work crowd may have arrived. Several new vendors due to the new promoter, I have never seen so many tables of knives at any gunshow. Spoke with two SGT members with tables and one said the new promoter was "ok" and the other was unhappy with his table location. (he was told by the promoter he would have his normal location but that didn't happen) Many of the same vendors we see but many were in a different location which was strange.

I did get a chance to visit with Andy Brown, local author of the book Warnings Unheeded, his story of the hospital shooting and B-52 crash at Fairchild AFB. It's a great book and here is a link for more information:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=101953

seekers
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Newman Lake, WA
Favorite Firearm: Seekins SP10 308
Next Firearm: Thinking...

Post by seekers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks for the input, might be getting a table for next show.

Seekers
May God Bless America in these times of recovery.

For Evil to Prevail, it needs only for Good Men to do Nothing!
By Edmund Burke

Bonza
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Martini-Henry

Post by Bonza » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 pm

I went Friday afternoon & back again Saturday, picked up a real nice Martini .310 Cadet & enjoyed visiting with a couple of friends with tables. There were a few empty tables in the room off to the side, but on the whole I thought the show was a decent one. One thing I noticed was that the firearm safety inspection/zip-tie table was off to the side just inside the doors (rather than right after the cashier) which interrupted the flow of attendees, as you had to leave the line to have the gun inspected & then squeeze back in again. This was first thing after the doors opened, so maybe once the line had shortened it may have gotten better, but I'd suggest the new promoter take a look at this.
"His face was as blank as a target after a militia shooting match." Mark Twain

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 am

thumpar wrote:I haven't been to a show in over 2 years. I used to go to every one of them. The prices were getting crazy so it was pointless to keep going. You could buy the same stuff at a store for less and not have to pay the $7 to get to it.
Agree!! :(