BackwoodsBob
Rookie Member
City: Loon Lake
Favorite Firearm: Ruger Vaquero
Next Firearm: Trade Musket

Still Waiting....

Post by BackwoodsBob » Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Howdy everyone!

Not my first time here but it has been a few years and I had to re-register.

Anyway, on march 31st I went to the Spokane gun show and purchased a pistol.
When I pulled out my CCL to do the transfer I discovered to my horror that it was expired!

Rats. So, the gun, along with 30-odd others, went to Ray Constantine of Liquid River Graphix.
No choice in the matter, apparently they had an arrangement with the management of the show.

To make a long story short, they still have my pistol, and presumably the rest of the 30-odd weapons as well.
Ray refuses to answer my phone calls and texts, and the email I was given for him doesn't work.

I have visited Liquid River Graphix three times and only once have found anyone there. This guy wasn't Ray, said he could not do the transfer and that I should be patient.

Well, I'm plum outta patience!

Does anyone know how to get a-hold of these clowns?
I'm about ready to call the cops and report a stolen firearm.

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Still Waiting....

Post by bladebum » Fri May 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Call the ATF first thing Monday morning... :|
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

Haynes and Sons Guns
Local SGT Sponsor
City: Gomorrah (Spokane)
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: Glock 17LP
Next Firearm: Hadron Enforcer

Post by Haynes and Sons Guns » Fri May 05, 2017 4:17 pm

I also did some transfers at the gunshow, and they just came through from the State this week, its not their fault, it is the State, there are two people working the gun desk and one persons for the state doing the DHS paper, wait times on handguns are almost a month. If you like, call the gun desk in Spokane and they can tell you if and when your guns can transfer; Ask for Wendy, (509)625-4227.
Haynes and Sons Guns LLC

$35 Transfers- $25 Veterans, First Responders

PLEASE TEXT ONLY!
TEXT- (509)475-8125

We are members of and financially endorse and support:
The National Rifle Association, www.nra.org
The Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org
The Silent Majority Foundation, www.smfjb.org
The Conservative Ladies of Washington, www.conservativeladiesofwa.com

Grace_Hunter07
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: 700Rem
Next Firearm: ???

Post by Grace_Hunter07 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:52 am

LMAO...Thats funny...Gunshows are for children...lol

BackwoodsBob
Rookie Member
City: Loon Lake
Favorite Firearm: Ruger Vaquero
Next Firearm: Trade Musket

Post by BackwoodsBob » Mon May 08, 2017 4:39 pm

I finally got the gun!

On Friday I went to their place of business and pounded on the door. The windows are covered and the door always locked. On a previous visit a neighboring business told me to bang on the door to get their attention as the door is always locked.
So here I was, stalking up and down the sidewalk in front of the building and pounding on the door from time to time. Plenty of cars parked out in front, i figured someone was inside.

Folks from neighboring businesses eventually came out and asked me what was up. I told them, and eventually left.

After I left they got in contact with the guy, and he called my wife. "You gotta make an appointment! " sez the guy . "OK, lets do that now" says my wife, and made one for Monday, high noon.

So today we were waiting on his door step at noon, when he finally showed up. We went in, I sighed the original form I'd started to fill out at the gun show, he gave me the pistol and showed me to the door.
I figured I'd have to fill out a new transfer form?

Anyway, as I was leaving i saw another man walk up and try the door, which was still locked. As he turned to leave I leaned out of my car window and told the feller that the guy was inside and he should hammer on that door till he opens, which the feller did. Another satisfied customer, no doubt!

I would certainly have chosen a different FFL holder had i known. At the show I'd attempted to fill out the transfer paperwork. They had an FFL holder there doing free transfers as part of the show. When we discovered my expired permit the lady simply swept up the gun and paperwork and dumped it in the pile that would have to go to a local FFL for the five day wait. They had a pre-arrangement with this turkey and the show organizers where paying him a little per transfer. I was giving a paper with the contact info and that was that.

I know one thing for sure, this guy received over ten thousand dollars of other folks property and acted very irresponsibly. He couldn't return a single call or text of mine until I finally haunt his shop, beating on the door?

The transfer may have taken time, but why the total lack of communication?

257ROBERT
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Elk
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Model 70 Featherweig
Next Firearm: Undecided
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by 257ROBERT » Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

IMO you should never have had this experience PERIOD. I am sure there are members on SGT who know the show promoters and after reading your posts, perhaps one or more of them would be kind enough to ask the promoters to consider a different local FFL to conduct these transactions in the future. Jason Haynes comes to mind as I believe he is a part of most of the local shows and is a conscientious and fair-minded individual who may be willing to help, as he has helped me several times in the past.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right".

DO NOT DRINK AND TYPE! It never ends well.

Haynes and Sons Guns
Local SGT Sponsor
City: Gomorrah (Spokane)
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: Glock 17LP
Next Firearm: Hadron Enforcer

Post by Haynes and Sons Guns » Mon May 08, 2017 7:28 pm

I have talked to Wes, the promoter of the show and as far as I know I will be handling all the local transfers. Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob, I appreciate it. The transfers at the show should be free to the consumer as Wes will be picking up the ticket. My normal fees for transfers stand at $20 for everyone and $10 for military, law enforcement, and first responders.
Haynes and Sons Guns LLC

$35 Transfers- $25 Veterans, First Responders

PLEASE TEXT ONLY!
TEXT- (509)475-8125

We are members of and financially endorse and support:
The National Rifle Association, www.nra.org
The Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org
The Silent Majority Foundation, www.smfjb.org
The Conservative Ladies of Washington, www.conservativeladiesofwa.com