ARBubba
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Valleyford
Favorite Firearm: Glocks, Ar, Ak
Next Firearm: ??????
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Century Vz 2008 accident

Post by ARBubba » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Happy ending! Just took 5 weeks krikey! I have had several century ak's and cai stuff as well, i have not had a hiccup but this sounds like a major PITA! Just make them myself now then...
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

bvoh
City: Houston
Favorite Firearm: Glock 21C
Next Firearm: Ruger SP101

Re: Century Vz 2008 accident

Post by bvoh » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:04 am

I just bought a new VZ2008 and went to the range for the first time yesterday. The gun failed after the first 2 shots. The trigger would no longer release the hammer. The gun will not fire anymore. Anyone had that problem. Because of this the bolt mechanism cannot be installed after I removed it because it requires the trigger to release the hammer, poor design. Any help would be appreciated. Update 11/2/2010. I got the gun back from Century. They replaced the trigger group. It fires ok without fail. The gun does not feed properly. There is no feed ramp so the bullet gets stuck between the magazine and entrance to the barrel. This happens with fully loaded magazine and the first round does not chamber and have to be forced closed, bad design. It also happens with partially loaded magazine and cannot chamber the first round. The bullet jams also when after being fired for awhile. None of my ak's ever jam and this is a poor receiver design made by Century. The trigger group is made by Tapco, also poor due to having broke after couple rounds. The milled receiver means nothing and the stamped is much more reliable. Also it is not accurate as shoots high to the right and no way to adjust sights easily. Not worth the $600 I paid. Now sells for $350 from Century.