Reloading notes

Discuss all things reloading...
Forum rules
Please remember, reloading can be very dangerous if done improperly. All advice found here is from peer members, not official reloading manuals. Reload at your own risk.
scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Reloading notes

Post by scrappy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 pm

How do you guys go about recording your loading data and shooting results? Until recently my records have been pretty scattered, scribbled here and there on note cards, stickers applied to ammo boxes or on the pages of various reloading manuals. Sometimes this has made it difficult to reference the info for later reuse.

Just started trying to consolidate it all into a 3 ring binder, with seperate folders for each caliber. Even printed out a standardized page to record all pertinent data on, as well as space for notes and even the addition of trimmed out targets taped to the page.

Might be a bit analog by the standards of some more tech savvy folks, but it's reliable, won't crash, portable and simple. How do you guys go about it?
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Reloading notes

Post by hatchdog » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 am

Lyman and others sell books with blank pages to keep record of data. I just use a page tab to keep different calibers separate.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/203800 ... ing-manual

Astocks2622
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Howell, MI
Favorite Firearm: Witness Stock 1 10mm
Next Firearm: 338-06 or 35 Whelen

Post by Astocks2622 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:39 am

I built an excel spreadsheet for that purpose. when I'm building up a new load, I just enter the load data on the sheet, then print out the relevant pages to record results at the range. when I get home, I enter the results on the excel document, & I have an electronic copy & the hard copy I wrote on.
Always looking for 7mm Mauser & 10mm brass.

"A man is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Post by Rigger28 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 am

I purchased a college rule notebook for each caliber to write my load data and range results in. I make the labels for my ammo boxes on sticker paper at work.

Call Turner
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Nine Mile Falls
Favorite Firearm: All of them!!
Next Firearm: Browning Hells Canyo

Post by Call Turner » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am

I use a smaller 6x8 in notebook that I have divided up into Rifle , Pistol, Shotgun, and BP. With the most pages given to the BP which I am constantly working on new loads, different Lubes, primers, powders,compression's, etc. Shotgun is for choke pattern info with different loads. Pistol is pretty basic cause I only have several and those loads are listed. Rifles come and go with the exception of my main hunting rifles and their loads are seldom tweaked.
" Having you around is like losing 2 good men."

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by thumpar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 pm

I keep a white board on the wall to note current loads then transfer them to paper. It helps keep track of what is being loaded so I don't forget it later.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

reloader762
City: China Grove, NC
Favorite Firearm: Sav. 99
Next Firearm: 45 ACP

Post by reloader762 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:48 pm

In the old days I kept my reloading data wrote down in an old spiral bound composition book. With the advent of the home computer age I transferred all that data to word document specific for each caliber and printed them out. The documents are held in a 3" ring binder inside plastic sheet protectors.

I also scanned and printed out various reloading manual pages for each caliber that I load in both jacketed an cast lead and placed them in sheet protectors in each caliber section in the binder as well. I also have a section in the binder for all types of charts an other informative reloading info I've gleaned off the net over the years so I don't have to go through a bunch of books,all the important stuff it right at my finger tips in one place.

I keep all these records on several computers as well, all which are backup on a nightly basis so any new data is always recorded and kept up to do electronically and I also make a point to print out new updated data sheets and replace the info in the binder.

This Excel spread sheet is also useful for recording you data on.
http://ultimatereloader.com/2014/01/02/ ... load-data/

A printable PDF file load data sheet.
http://ultimatereloader.com/wp-content/ ... ok-2.0.pdf
Linux Mint MATE 17.3 ROSA