polymer coated bullets.

Discuss all things reloading...
Forum rules
Please remember, reloading can be very dangerous if done improperly. All advice found here is from peer members, not official reloading manuals. Reload at your own risk.
reloader762
City: China Grove, NC
Favorite Firearm: Sav. 99
Next Firearm: 45 ACP

Re: polymer coated bullets.

Post by reloader762 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:05 pm

BC38 wrote:
reloader762 wrote:Yellow,the Red & Yellow bullets at the top are coated with HF Red & Yellow I sprayed those with my HF ES gun. The HF powders are ok but ground a bit course,the Yellow and Red will TL OK but the white & Black do not,all HF colors seem to spray on OK except for the white so I just avoid it. I believe the HF powders are epoxy based

The Green bullet on top is a polyester based powder I picked up locally at a powder coat business cheap as he had a bunch left over from a recent job. It's very finely ground and tumble or sprays on great. Most any of your quality made powders will do just fine tumbled or sprayed on I buy mine from Smoke4320 over on the Cast Boolit Forum http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... ng-bullets
Hey reloader, is it possible to mix the black in with other colors and get it to tumble lube?

I just picked up 250 unlubed 38/357 LWC 148gr cast and I'd like to try coating them just for grins.

For colors, I'm not too crazy about red OR yellow - or even the bright orange you'd get from mixing them 50/50.
But if I could mix in some black and make it a DARK orange - kind of copper colored - I could live with that.

I'd really like to go with plain black, but if it won't tumble lube that's a non-starter for me. Because I'm wanting to give it a try - but I don't want to invest money in equipment just to try it and see if it is something I want to do more of - or not.

Any suggestions?
I have read it sprays on just fine but it doesn't TL well at all,I don't use the black at all. I don't know of anyone that has mixed it with other colors so can't say how that will work either. The HF powders are epoxy based and the black and white are fairly course I think that’s why they don't work well for tumbling. You can find Jet Black here http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... r-For-sale that is stated to dry tumble just fine.
Linux Mint MATE 17.3 ROSA

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Re: polymer coated bullets.

Post by BC38 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Sent you a PM reloader...
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...