PC'ed Bullets in the Hi Point 45 Carbine

Discuss all things reloading...
Forum rules
Please remember, reloading can be very dangerous if done improperly. All advice found here is from peer members, not official reloading manuals. Reload at your own risk.
reloader762
City: China Grove, NC
Favorite Firearm: Sav. 99
Next Firearm: 45 ACP

PC'ed Bullets in the Hi Point 45 Carbine

Post by reloader762 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Been wanting to get out for awhile and shoot some handloads in my Hi Point 45 ACP carbine,I had around 300 of the Lee 200 gr. SWC I cast up from 50/50 and powder coated to work up a load with. I took the original sights off the carbine as I didn't like them very much an replaced it with a Tasco 3 MOA Red Dot and zeroed it in fairly close with some Federal 230 gr. FMJ's before attempting to shoot the 200 gr. handloads. The 10 shot string average was 1010 fps. I went ahead an loaded up another 250 rds. this weekend and process another 150 rds. of brass tonight.

Linux Mint MATE 17.3 ROSA

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Re: PC'ed Bullets in the Hi Point 45 Carbine

Post by scrappy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:57 am

Well that ought to get the job done!
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:43 am

That looks great. What distance were you shooting?
You've got me intrigued enough to give this a try. I've got everything I need to get started PC-ing some bullets except the sizer.

Gonna ask Santa for that ;)

I know you're tumble-coating them from the other thread. One question for you.
How are you dealing with the humidity issue (I noticed that it was 91% around here yesterday) - or is that even a problem in your experience?
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

reloader762
City: China Grove, NC
Favorite Firearm: Sav. 99
Next Firearm: 45 ACP

Post by reloader762 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:26 pm

BC38 wrote:That looks great. What distance were you shooting?
You've got me intrigued enough to give this a try. I've got everything I need to get started PC-ing some bullets except the sizer.

How are you dealing with the humidity issue (I noticed that it was 91% around here yesterday) - or is that even a problem in your experience?
It was at 30 yds. as marked on the target. Since I PC my bullets out in my outbuilding I pretty much have to work with whatever the conditions are on that day so I plan accordingly. I try an pick days when I know the air is going to be dry with little to no humidity,without those conditions I just don't get good results as there isn't much static electricity created so when I get the time I coat up as many bullets as I can .

Once you get the first batch in the oven you can easily turn out a couple hundred bullets an hours. I can get about 75 45 cal. bullets on each of my trays at one time so thats about 150 bullets ever hour easy,plus I'm doing other stuff as well so I'm just there watching the clock.
Linux Mint MATE 17.3 ROSA

BC38
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley, WA
Favorite Firearm: The one I have on me
Next Firearm: We'll see

Post by BC38 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:23 pm

reloader762 wrote:
BC38 wrote:That looks great. What distance were you shooting?

It was at 30 yds. as marked on the target.
Funny, I looked at the target two or three times but didn't see that info. Though I see it now. Nice grouping - especially for that distance
reloader762 wrote:Since I PC my bullets out in my outbuilding I pretty much have to work with whatever the conditions are on that day so I plan accordingly. I try an pick days when I know the air is going to be dry with little to no humidity,without those conditions I just don't get good results as there isn't much static electricity created so when I get the time I coat up as many bullets as I can .

Once you get the first batch in the oven you can easily turn out a couple hundred bullets an hours. I can get about 75 45 cal. bullets on each of my trays at one time so thats about 150 bullets ever hour easy,plus I'm doing other stuff as well so I'm just there watching the clock.
Gotcha. Guess I'm gonna have to wait until the humidity comes down to give it a try.....
Always looking for a deal on more ammo and reloading components.
I've tried to see things from the liberal point of view - but I'm just not flexible enough to get my head up my ...