JMcKinsey
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 586
Next Firearm: winchester 150/250

10/22 trigger job needed

Post by JMcKinsey » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 pm

I need to get a trigger job and some other work done on my 10/22. Is there someone in town that does this work?

Wigeon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Beretta AL 390
Next Firearm: Ruger 10/22 tactical
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: 10/22 trigger job needed

Post by Wigeon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Rlhas (Rick) or Mauser54 (John) on this board are both good local guys that would be able to help you out.
Kill em and grill em, whack em and stack em

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Wigeon wrote:Rlhas (Rick) or Mauser54 (John) on this board are both good local guys that would be able to help you out.
+1
I would highly recommend Rick at Firearm Finishing. Excellent customer service.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 pm

roger wrote:
Wigeon wrote:Rlhas (Rick) or Mauser54 (John) on this board are both good local guys that would be able to help you out.
+1
I would highly recommend Rick at Firearm Finishing. Excellent customer service.
+1

Rick did a trigger job on a Ruger charger that I have. It is one of the most accurate 22 rimfires I have ever fired or owned and that trigger is part of the reason why. The only other modification is a Desert Dog barrel with a Bentz chamber. Nice thing about the chargers is that the aftermarket barrels are half the length and cost less. The charger comes with a factory heavy barrel and even with a heavier barrel no need to go to a custom stock for the barrel to remain free-floated. I hogged mine out just a little xtra just to be sure that was clearance and to aid cooling. Good news is that Ruger is re-introducing the Charger this year.

I taught one my friend's grandsons to shoot with that gun and the little guy had a very good experience because it was so easy to hit targets with it. Instant positive reinforcement.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

JMcKinsey
Accomplished Gun Trader
Favorite Firearm: S&W 586
Next Firearm: winchester 150/250

Post by JMcKinsey » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:00 pm

I had Mauser 54 do the job and the trigger is great. Breaks at about 3lb and very clean.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 am

JMcKinsey wrote:I had Mauser 54 do the job and the trigger is great. Breaks at about 3lb and very clean.

Mauser 54 has done work for me as well. He's very good at what he does. Another option is that now Ruger is selling a drop-in replacement "target trigger" for the 10-22 that sells for about $90 bucks

Ruger Announces the launch of the BX-Trigger for Ruger 10/22 and 22 Charger Pistol

December 15, 2014
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announces the launch of the BX-Trigger™: a light, crisp, "drop-in" replacement trigger assembly that is compatible with all Ruger® 10/22® rifles and 22 Charger™ pistols. The BX-Trigger is a Genuine Ruger Factory Accessory and is the perfect upgrade for all 10/22 rifles and 22 Charger pistol models because of the significantly reduced pull weight of approximately 2.75 pounds (versus 6 pounds on the standard 10/22 trigger).

"We have made continuous improvements to the 10/22 over the years, but the BX-Trigger is an exciting performance advancement," said Ruger President and COO, Chris Killoy. "The BX-Trigger was designed for easy installation, superior performance, and legendary Ruger reliability. Like the popular BX-25® magazine for the 10/22, the BX-Trigger will deliver the excellence and value that shooters have come to expect from Ruger."

The BX-Trigger is sold as a complete assembly that "drops in" to replace the existing trigger assembly, with no additional adjustment or "fitting" required. A video of the installation process can be found at Ruger.com/BX-Trigger

Beginning December 19, the Ruger BX-Trigger will be available for purchase directly from Ruger at ShopRuger.com or from local independent firearms retailers.

For more information on the Ruger BX-Trigger and other accessories for the Ruger 10/22, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To purchase accessories for the Ruger 10/22 or other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.