Discuss all things rimfire...
wagon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
SGT Supporter: Yes

PSA has CCI 22 SV in stock $45 till 3/26

Post by wagon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 am

if price is right for you, they have in stock. I need some SV so I bought a few.

Happy shopping.

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Re: PSA has CCI 22 SV in stock $45 till 3/26

Post by scrappy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks for the post, but at $45 I will gladly pass.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 pm

That's $4.50 a box not including $8.50 for shipping. I might be interested for just a couple of boxes at five bucks a box, but fifty bucks a brick is too much. and the shipping would be the same for just two boxes so then the pr4ice would be nine bucks a box.

If this ammo has become available to PSA maybe it will be made available to some local places like DE pawn or cabelas or black sheep. Then I wouldn't mind paying something like $4.50 a box. The only gubn that I have that shoots thi9s ammo well is my Ruger Mk II pistol and it shoot Blazers almost as well. All mky 22's like Blazers and I wish I could get a brick of 500 blazers but not loose, but in separate boxes. But I also woin't pay 50 bucks a brick for that either. $30 would be reasonable.

Thanks a lot Obama for starting the panic.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Mr Yuck
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Ruger MKII
Next Firearm: Sig Sauer Trailside

Post by Mr Yuck » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 am

I bought some CCI Standard Velocity at Black Sheep for $3.99/50.

However, one box was full of duds and squibs.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Mr Yuck wrote:I bought some CCI Standard Velocity at Black Sheep for $3.99/50.

However, one box was full of duds and squibs.

That's bad news. That means that by working overtime to meet the demand the ammo companies are having QC issues.

Federal ammo and CCI are owned by the same company But I've always fond that CCI was much better ammo and that with Federal I would get some duds especially those 325 round boxes of semi-auto ammo
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Mr Yuck
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Mr Yuck » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Just as an update. I sent that batch that had the duds back to CCI and only the one box was bad. Everything else tested well. No idea what happened to the one box, they told me that the powder didn't all burn, as if the box got contaminated with oil somehow. (Could have been my fault, could have been the store...I have a hard time imagining what went wrong, but I don't blame CCI at all.)

They ended up replacing the ammo I sent them, great company.

CCI is good stuff, but I will, from now on, keep a cleaning rod in my range bag. (Because who knows, I might shoot Winchester from time-to-time.)

Also PSA has 500rd boxes of CCI 22 SV for $45 again, shipping is about $9 for a box, $12 for 2 boxes. (And so on, it goes up a little more with each box added) - Still not a great price, but if you're desperate, it's better than paying the same price for a brick of Winchester at the gun show.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... 50035.html

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am

Mr Yuck wrote:Just as an update. I sent that batch that had the duds back to CCI and only the one box was bad. Everything else tested well. No idea what happened to the one box, they told me that the powder didn't all burn, as if the box got contaminated with oil somehow. (Could have been my fault, could have been the store...I have a hard time imagining what went wrong, but I don't blame CCI at all.)

They ended up replacing the ammo I sent them, great company.

CCI is good stuff, but I will, from now on, keep a cleaning rod in my range bag. (Because who knows, I might shoot Winchester from time-to-time.)

Also PSA has 500rd boxes of CCI 22 SV for $45 again, shipping is about $9 for a box, $12 for 2 boxes. (And so on, it goes up a little more with each box added) - Still not a great price, but if you're desperate, it's better than paying the same price for a brick of Winchester at the gun show.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... 50035.html

I can only hope that I will live long enough to see 22LR ammo become reasonably priced again :|

Mr Yuck
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Mr Yuck » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:24 pm

ron wrote:

I can only hope that I will live long enough to see 22LR ammo become reasonably priced again :|
I can think of more expensive things that are less fun.