Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit class?

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: AR-15

Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit class?

Post by steveninspokane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Does anyone know of a place that offers the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit class in spokane that still has openings for the month of February? Trying to get my permit before going to Minnesota in June.

Any help would be great! Thanks
I am still thinking of something to put here that is so witty, so intelligent, so profound that when it is read, it will remain in your mind, heart and soul for at least the next 30 seconds.

This could be awhile.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit class?

Post by thumpar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:28 pm

You might call Ron at River City Pawn tomorrow. He would probably be able to steer you in the right direction.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by steveninspokane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks for the info thumpar.
I am still thinking of something to put here that is so witty, so intelligent, so profound that when it is read, it will remain in your mind, heart and soul for at least the next 30 seconds.

This could be awhile.

Bob R
Senior Accomplished Gun Trader
City: PAHRUMP
State: NV
Favorite Firearm: So many guns
Next Firearm: So little time

Post by Bob R » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Center Target Sports still has openings on 3/29 according to their website. They don't have April posted yet.

http://www.centertargetsports.com/cours ... cw-cts-300

bob
No, you can't have my rights. I am still using them!

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:55 pm

I couldn't find anything in Spokane for you. Center Target Sports in Post Falls is full until 3/29/2016. You might call them and see if they can put you on a standby list if a cancellation happens. Keep in mind that you have to have a Washington CPL (if you are a Wa. resident) before you can get any other state's permit. :)
http://www.centertargetsports.com/cours ... cw-cts-300
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 pm

I don't recall the specifics, but there was one at Sportsman's Warehouse.

bladebum

Post by bladebum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:25 pm

pacnw wrote:I don't recall the specifics, but there was one at Sportsman's Warehouse.
Not sure if a Minnesota cpl would be covered by this class because they (Minnesota) require a shooting test but it sure would be worth a call.
Good find pacnw. :)
http://storelocator.sportsmanswarehouse ... siteNo=237
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by steveninspokane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:10 pm

I spoke to CTS already, I need something sooner. The soonest I've found is Feb 20th at Cabelas.

This could be awhile.

albin25
City: Lewiston
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Beretta Cheetah 86

Post by albin25 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 pm

It's an 90 min drive from Spokane...but if you're in a rush, it could work but may be booked up. They might sqeeze you in if you explain your time crunch though.
(and ask about ammo if you phone them...usually plenty of 22lr at good prices and often without limit)

Diamondback shooters
1447 Main Street
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
(208) 798-7468
[b[/b]

Idaho Enhanced CWP Class
When
Sat, February 13, 10am – 6pm

Description
During the eight-hour course, a Certified Instructor will teach students :
*basic defensive shooting skills,
*how to respond to a violent confrontation, and
*strategies for home safety.
*Specific state firearms and home defense laws are taught by an individual certified in the state that the course is taught (such as an attorney or police officer).
*how to choose a handgun for self-defense, along with continued opportunities to expand your skills.
Although this class is considered a basic defensive pistol course, it's not for beginners.
In order to take this course, students must be law-abiding adults (at least 21 years) and have experience with a firearm.
$150 per person. Bring extra magazines or loaders, holster or bag and 100 rounds of ammo.
Last edited by albin25 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

bladebum

Post by bladebum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Good find albin25 :D

steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by steveninspokane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:43 pm

albin25 wrote:It's an 90 min drive from Spokane...but if you're in a rush, it could work but may be booked up. They might sqeeze you in if you explain your time crunch though.
Thanks albin, but I am looking for something a little closer to home. Although the date would be perfect! :)

If I do the Feb 20 class at Cabelas, would that get me my CWP by the 1st week of June?

This could be awhile.

bladebum

Post by bladebum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:03 pm

steveninspokane wrote:
albin25 wrote:It's an 90 min drive from Spokane...but if you're in a rush, it could work but may be booked up. They might sqeeze you in if you explain your time crunch though.
Thanks albin, but I am looking for something a little closer to home. Although the date would be perfect! :)

If I do the Feb 20 class at Cabelas, would that get me my CWP by the 1st week of June?
Looks like it "could" take up to 90 days.
http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Tit ... 8-3302.htm

(7) The sheriff of a county, on behalf of the state of Idaho, must, within ninety (90) days after the filing of a license application by any person who is not disqualified as provided herein from possessing or receiving a firearm under state or federal law, issue a license to the person to carry concealed weapons on his person within this state. Such license shall be valid for five (5) years from the date of issuance.

steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by steveninspokane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm

bladebum wrote: Looks like it "could" take up to 90 days.
http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Tit ... 8-3302.htm

(7) The sheriff of a county, on behalf of the state of Idaho, must, within ninety (90) days after the filing of a license application by any person who is not disqualified as provided herein from possessing or receiving a firearm under state or federal law, issue a license to the person to carry concealed weapons on his person within this state. Such license shall be valid for five (5) years from the date of issuance.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to get into a class no later than March 14th for me to get my permit before I leave. I'm leaving June 24th, but want to give a few weeks for the mailing of the permit.

This could be awhile.

albin25
City: Lewiston
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Beretta Cheetah 86

Post by albin25 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 pm

just a reminder, not all places that offer the Idaho enhanced permit course can do both the classroom and the required hours of the range course at the same location on the same day...
For example, Both TriState and Sportsman's Warehouse offer the classroom part of the course but it could be up to you to find range time with an approved instructor.
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

steveninspokane
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by steveninspokane » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:06 pm

albin25 wrote:just a reminder, not all places that offer the Idaho enhanced permit course can do both the classroom and the required hours of the range course at the same location on the same day...
For example, Both TriState and Sportsman's Warehouse offer the classroom part of the course but it could be up to you to find range time with an approved instructor.
Thanks for that. I will look into to it.

This could be awhile.