USCCA vs NRA Carry Guard

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
ply33sd
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Everett
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: MAS 49/56

USCCA vs NRA Carry Guard

Post by ply33sd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 am

I was just reading my May 2017 American Rifleman, it looks like the NRA is getting into the concealed carry insurance business, called Carry Guard. I have been considering getting CC insurance to protect my assets and freedom, so far I think USCCA has the best coverage. USCCA has been the leader in CC insurance for awhile. Anyone know about other viable options? Possibly a personal umbrella policy? The other thought I had was, what if CC insurance was required in order to obtain a CC permit? If the NRA is in the CC insurance business it seems they would go along with an insurance requirement for folks just trying to exercise their 2nd Amend. right. Any thoughts on this?

Orphan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 338 Lapua
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: USCCA vs NRA Carry Guard

Post by Orphan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:27 pm

What of Bible insurance was required to have a Bible or silence insurance was required to remain silent or speech insurance was required to speak, just askin.

dillonivik
Serious Gun Trader
City: North Spokane
Favorite Firearm: SIG P238

Post by dillonivik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:00 am

I honestly think that carrying insurance on your firearms that protect you in case of their use is a good idea. Unfortunately theres not much information out there about how effective it is, but for the low cost of coverage I think even if its not all its cracked up to be it would be worth it. Also worth noting, if you ever go to court the fact that you carry insurance could help demonstrate a level of responsibility not otherwise demonstrable.

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:27 pm

CC Liability insurance is insurance for poor judgment and making poor decisions. It has nothing to do with freedoms or rights. Just because you legally carry a firearm doesn't give you impeccable common sense and the ability to make snap decisions in using deadly force. A bad decision, combined with an aggressive liberal prosecutor, means you could loose everything you have including your freedom. Gail Gerlach's legal defense cost well over $100,000 and had the judge not granted him re-imbursement from the county, he would have been on the hook for that. Given the shift to an increasing liberal view, both socially and politically here in the Spokane area, its probably prudent to consider protecting yourself.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

garand
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by garand » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:19 pm

I agree with torakin. Things are turning weird here. If looking at a personal umbrella or relying on home owner's insurance, you must determine if these policies will cover you in both civil and legal courts. Many of these policies will not cover criminal charges and will leave you hanging out to dry, thus the increasing popularity of cc insurance.

AFCop
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Inland Northwest
State: Inland Northwest
Favorite Firearm: CZ
Next Firearm: DA/SA

Post by AFCop » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:23 am

I am a member of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Founded by, and run by, Marty Hayes, a Washington gun owner, firearms instructor, range owner and legal expert. It is, in my opinion the best "insurance" out there and gives me a solid peace of mind.

Feel free to check it out and compare it to your other options. https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Andy