Effective 6/1/2023 “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”**UPDATE 12/23**

Post rifles FOR SALE here...
Forum rules
It is every member's responsibility to know and follow all local, State & Federal laws regarding the sale or transfer of firearms/parts/etc...in their respective jurisdictions. No illegal activity will be allowed here on SGT. This is a zero tolerance rule and will be strictly enforced. Violators will be banned permanently. Proceed solely at your own risk.
bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane
State: WA
SGT Supporter: Yes

Effective 6/1/2023 “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”**UPDATE 12/23**

Post by bladebum » Sun May 28, 2023 5:58 pm

This is the new FEDERAL LAW concerning pistol braces. This applies to everyone no matter which State you live in.
Non compliant firearms are not allowed to be posted on the board.
Compliant firearms are allowed to be posted with the following conditions:
No posting can have a photo of, or a description of a non compliant firearm. Make it compliant and post a new photo.
A pistol brace is not allowed to be posted as a separate item with a compliant firearm whereas the brace could be readily reattached to the firearm making it non compliant. (Dispose of the stabilizing brace.) (See Federal Rule below.)
Pistol braces (as a part only) are no longer allowed to be posted on the board.

IDAHO RESIDENTS:
You may post a compliant firearm on the board with this disclaimer: "Idaho resident to Idaho resident sale only. No sales to a Washington resident" (This is due to the Assault weapon Ban HB1240.)
Postings without this disclaimer will be Archived without notice.

WASHINGTON RESIDENTS:
You may offer to sell a compliant firearm to a FFL only. The only "loophole" we can see, after heavy scrutiny, would be compliant firearms with a legal interstate transfer, through an FFL, from a Washington resident to a resident of another state, in the buyer's state of residence (as required by Federal Law) as the FFL does take possession during the transfer.
A disclaimer must be added to your sales post: "Idaho sale only, with legal interstate FFL transfer in the buyer's State of residence, as required by Federal law".
Postings without this disclaimer will be Archived without notice.

Any pushback towards a Moderator (or a seller following the Federal law) will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the site without the possibility of return.
We didn't make these B S laws, but we have to follow them if we want to stay online. The Attorney General's task force is actively trying to close down FFL's, as well as Web Forums. We don't want to be one of them...
From: "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives"
Date: May 22, 2023 at 1:30:52 PM PDT
To: *****
Subject: Notification Regarding Compliance with ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”
Reply-To: *****

Affected persons have 120 days from the date of publication to come into compliance, which is May 31, 2023.

Notification Regarding Compliance With ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms With Attached “Stabilizing Braces”
On January 13, 2023, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending the regulatory definition of “rifle” to clarify when a firearm is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The final rule took effect on January 31, 2023, the date it was published in the Federal Register. Affected persons have 120 days from the date of publication to come into compliance, which is May 31, 2023.

The compliance options provided under the final rule are the following:
* Replace the short barrel with a 16-inch or longer rifled barrel to the firearm,
* Permanently eliminate and dispose of, or alter, the “stabilizing brace” such that it cannot be reattached,
* Turn the firearm into your local ATF office,
* Destroy the firearm,
* Register the firearm tax-free by May 31, 2023.
* The option to register the firearm tax-free pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F will be discontinued in the eForms System effective May 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).

For additional information regarding the final rule, including instructions on how to register your firearm, please visit: Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces” | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (atf.gov).
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
City: Spokane

Re: Effective 6/1/2023 “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”

Post by bladebum » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:20 am

Up :|
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

JeremyD
Site Owner
City: Suncrest
Favorite Firearm: AR's
Next Firearm: Gold ones!!

Re: Effective 6/1/2023 “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”

Post by JeremyD » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Alright folks. Until the SCOTUS rules on this, I still don't want to see them on SGT.
This could very well cause you to incriminate yourselves as they were supposed to have been disposed of or registered if the law was followed. Simply by admitting possession of one now could incriminate you later if the SCOTUS doesn't rule in our favor.
Do as you wish in private as always but, I'm making a judgement call for SGT.

It's my ass at the end of the day.

Sorry if you don't understand.

JD
Veritatem Cognoscere