TINY PIC

Post firearm related how to instructions...
mtnmatt
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Keltec Shotgun
Next Firearm: COLT BOA

TINY PIC

Post by mtnmatt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Does anybody know if there is another simple easy alternative to Tiny Pic?
Everytime I go there my computer gets clogged up and it doesn't work right?
I got to other sites and my computer works fine. Please can someone help here?

MTNMATT
Semper Paratus
Semper Peratus

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: TINY PIC

Post by bladebum » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Some of the guys were using "Image Titan .com". I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it works. Let us know if it works for you... :)
http://www.imagetitan.com/
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

mtnmatt
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Keltec Shotgun
Next Firearm: COLT BOA

Post by mtnmatt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:41 am

Thanx I will!
Semper Peratus

Moose
Favorite Firearm: Ruger 77/50
Next Firearm: Ruger 44 Carbine

Post by Moose » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Ok, I know this is an old post but I found a low-tech way to resize my pictures while retaining the quality and achieving the max allowable size limit for a post on SGT.
1. Place your original picture in a place on your computer that is easy to locate. 2. Open your Windows Paint program and click file open and locate your image. 3. Next click on the Resize icon (Ctrl + W) and make sure the Aspect Ratio and percentage boxes are checked.
4. Now reduce the number in the Horizontal box to 80 or 85 (this is a good number to start with). FYI, if you checked the Aspect Ratio box, the Vertical box will change to whatever is input into the Horizontal box. Both the Horizontal and Vertical numbers should be the same. 5. Click OK. 6. Click File Save AS and rename it the with the same name as your original picture but add a number or letter at the end. This will preserve your original picture. 7. Go to the folder where you saves your resized picture and hover your cursor over the file or right click and look at the properties. The picture size will be displayed. Keep repeating steps 1 through 7 incrementally reducing the Horizontal/Vertical percentages until your picture reaches the 125KB maximum size for posting.
I know it looks like allot of steps, but after you do it once it will be a piece of cake and it is allot less frustrating than using a site like Tinypic and then trying to figure out how paste a link that won't paste.

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by bladebum » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Also some Pic posting info here: :D
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116171
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"