Please practice safety at all times.

Post firearm related how to instructions...
italydad
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Gen 3 Glock 34
Next Firearm: Manurhin GIGN MR73
SGT Supporter: Yes

Please practice safety at all times.

Post by italydad » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:24 am

I know there is a lot of knowledge on this site. I know that many of you have assembled and disassembled your firearms a million times, and that may not be an exaggeration for some. PLEASE, follow basic handgun safety at all times, not just on the range, but off as well such as transporting, locking up, or cleaning. A very close friend of mine, a mentor, and a bastion of service in the community of both veterans and mental health, was killed on Monday morning while cleaning this particular handgun for the first time. Now she was no stranger to firearms, she served in the United States Army as Military Police. Her husband was a reserve police officer, also serving as military police in the Army. They went shooting Sunday, and Monday morning there was a negligent discharge, it is at this time it is believed she was cleaning her gun. She died from her wound.

Please, if you are new, ask a member of this board or one of the owners of our many guns stores such as Rick Hastings- Firearms Finishing, Frank Perry- Protection First, Robin Ball- Sharpshooting Indoor range, or any of the other proprietors on this page, I know that not one would hesitate to run any member through a disassembly and or cleaning of their firearm. If you are one of those that I mentioned earlier, that has taken down a million guns, just go over those fundamentals one more time, just for the heck of it. This week we will bury my friend, a mother, a wife, a grandmother, and I would hate to have this ever happen again. I would love for someone to reply on this post with any safety fundamentals. It may just save a life.

Thanks you for your time, and if you knew the family in question, please keep them in your prayers.
Rules of War-
#1 Good Men will Die.
#2 Not even Doc can change Rule #1.
#3 For his Brothers, Doc will die trying to change Rules #1 and #2.

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Re: Please practice safety at all times.

Post by bladebum » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:08 am

Basic NRA safety video for beginners (and for all of us).

Also here: http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx

Stay safe everyone... Pass it on. :)
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

Masonryman
Senior Pro Gun Trader
City: Benewah Valley
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: FiveseveN

Post by Masonryman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 am

Jason, sad to here about your friend.

Sorry buddy.

MM
You can ignore reality... but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.

Post by thumpar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 am

I heard about this on the news but there were no details at the time. Sorry for your lose of a friend and sorry to the family. Here is a link to a ton of firearm manuals.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

patches
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: Mossberg SPX
Next Firearm: LR-10

Post by patches » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:32 am

Sorry for your loss. Tragic....

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 am

Very sorry to hear. I think the news was incorrectly reporting that the husband was cleaning his firearm & accidently shot his wife. Either way, very tragic.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER