ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Orion 10-25x42 Zoom Waterproof Monocular

Post by ron » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:03 am

I just ordered a Orion 10-25x42 Zoom Waterproof Monocular from amazon. They sell for about 80 bucks but there are cheaper off-brand versions of the same thing that sell for about $50, but they ship from China directly and' it's bad enough that just about everything you buy is made in Communist China but ther's no way I'd want to buy from the Chi-Coms direct and trust them not to rip me off or expect any kind of decent customer service from them.

From Amazon I was able to buy factory seconds that have damaged packaging for 65 dollars plus tax rather than 80.

I'm about 75 percent blind in my right eye and can only see blurred light and shadow out of that eye so I don't like using binoculars. I've had a few cheap ten power monoculars and it isn't enough magnification. But I'm hoping the 10-25 zoom will work for me and that the quality of the optics is decent. I've been carrying a half a binocular around with me and it was just a cheap pair that I cut in half so I'm hoping this thing will be better.

I'd love to be rich and be able to afford some really high end optics to help my increasingly poor vision. I'll write a review of the monocular in about another week when it arrives.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.