WTS: 2 older S&W .38 Specials REDUCED

Post handguns FOR SALE here...
Forum rules
It is every member's responsibility to know and follow all local, State & Federal laws regarding the sale or transfer of firearms/parts/etc...in their respective jurisdictions. No illegal activity will be allowed here on SGT. This is a zero tolerance rule and will be strictly enforced. Violators will be banned permanently. Proceed solely at your own risk.
hkcavalier
Gun Trader
City: Elk
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 627PC
Next Firearm: Precision rifle

WTS: 2 older S&W .38 Specials REDUCED

Post by hkcavalier » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

What a coincidence! I had been meaning to sell these three S&Ws to help fund my publishing ventures, and now the private seller deck chairs are being moved around.

I am a WA resident so all applicable rules apply, everything will be through an FFL. Two of these qualify for C&R, but if you choose to go that route, they will originate from my chosen FFL to your doorstep per those guidelines.

I am cross posting in the S&W Forum as well, but would prefer to sell local to avoid the hassle of shipping. Buyer pays transfer fees.

I do not have S&W factory letters for any of these three. Please don't ask me why they are pinned but not recessed --- S&W only recessed the charge holes on the magnums.

Please use PMs if you are interested!

SOLD Revolver #1: Smith and Wesson M&P .38 Special

SOLD $650

SPF Revolver #2: Smith and Wesson Heavy Duty .38 Special 5" (post WWII) that shipped from the factory in 1950. Fair to good condition with holster wear, bluing loss from the butt/frame from being held a lot. Does not show signs it was shot much. This was probably a law enforcement gun. I do not know the provenance of the "BURNS 18" scrawled on the right side above the trigger. It has not been reamed for .357 Magnum (a common modification). Grips are correct but from a slightly later gun (different serial). While not as nice as the M&P or the 14-4 below, Heavy Duties are far less common.

SPF $600

SPF Revolver #3: Smith and Wesson 14-4 K-38 Masterpiece .38 Special 8-3/8" that shipped from the factory in 1978. The long tube is uncommon (most were 6"). I bought it LNIB a few years ago and have shot it twice (~60 rounds total), so it's no longer mint but you will have a tough time finding a nicer one. Everything is original with box, books, and cleaning kit included.

SPF $750

Last edited by hkcavalier on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hkcavalier
Gun Trader
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: S&W 627PC
Next Firearm: Precision rifle

Re: WTS: 3 older S&W .38 Specials

Post by hkcavalier » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm

Bump #2 and #3 still available

hkcavalier
Gun Trader