Lipsey's Larry Vickers G19, G17

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Lipsey's Larry Vickers G19, G17

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:02 pm

New limited run of these Glocks , they have the RTF2 gen3 frames. Check'em out.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?q=Vickers

Not sure what actual price is on them, and I wish they came in all black.
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

Nutntoit
Global Moderator
City: Valleyford
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: ??
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Lipsey's Larry Vickers G19, G17

Post by Nutntoit » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:59 pm

These are pretty cool, exactly what I would want from a glock. However, I am with you on the color. All black would be awesome.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:12 pm

I would also prefer all black. But I already have a Glock 23 with a KKM 9mm conversion barrel to meet all my 9mm needs. It's also somewhat pricey for what it is and I'd druther spend the money on a mech-tech upper for my Glock 20.

One thing that itersts me, though, is those oversized mag bases. Is there a problem with gen 3 or current guns not having and empty mag drop free? Or is this just a solution that's looking for a problem?

Here are the features of this gun:

Features
•older-style, third generation RTF2 frame in flat dark earth (FDE)
•Vickers Tactical Sights (made by Wilson Combat)
•Vickers magazine release (made by Tango Down)
•Vickers slide stop (made by Tango Down)
•Vickers magazine base plates (made by Tango Down)
•special serial numbers
•MSRP $729
- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... dSIEf.dpuf
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm not sure but I think the price is aroun 600-650 at a retailer. Once you add everything up I can seen why it's more expensive, mostly because of the sights.

I'm not sure about the base plates either, and that was one of things that struck me as odd, but vickers offers nothing but functional and quality stuff so there must be something to those base plates.

What I really like is the rft2 frames. I'm debating on getting one, I'm just not sure about the 2 tone. All my guns are black.
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:36 am

Flawlessfoose wrote:I'm not sure but I think the price is aroun 600-650 at a retailer. Once you add everything up I can seen why it's more expensive, mostly because of the sights.

I'm not sure about the base plates either, and that was one of things that struck me as odd, but vickers offers nothing but functional and quality stuff so there must be something to those base plates.

What I really like is the rft2 frames. I'm debating on getting one, I'm just not sure about the 2 tone. All my guns are black.

Well, there's always Cerakote. I don't like 2-tones either It's a look that's been done to death and I never liked it in the first place but now I'm even more tired of it. In my mind the only thing that looks good two-tone is an orange and white 56 Chevy, but that same color combination would look stupit on a new Corvette.

I'm really curious about the base plates, though. They actually look nice and don't stick out and aren't bulky. And if there really is a possibility of a glock mag getting stuck in the mag well It wouldn't hurt to have that particular accessory. It's just that I've never heard of any Glock drop-free mag not dropping free.

But then again, up until a couple of years ago I never heard of a Glock polymer spring guide breaking either, but then I found out that it CAN happen and even if very rarely, it sometimes does happen. And since then I'm a believer of stainless guide rods based on one of the absolute facts of life that, "What CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong". I can also see the possibility of a mag sticking after the gun was dropped in a vat of molasses or maybe even a mud puddle. :?
Last edited by ron on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Mountainmanarmed
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Bluecreek, Washingto
Favorite Firearm: That one
Next Firearm: Need a black gun

Post by Mountainmanarmed » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 pm

I have always liked the RTF2 frames. Double Eagle had a couple so I decided to pick one up even with the baby diarrhea color. The way I see it, its a Glock and there is only 2500 of each model made so who knows, maybe sometime down the road I'll be able to trade it off for something I really want. :-)
"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign" John Stuart Mills

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Mountainmanarmed wrote:I have always liked the RTF2 frames. Double Eagle had a couple so I decided to pick one up even with the baby diarrhea color. The way I see it, its a Glock and there is only 2500 of each model made so who knows, maybe sometime down the road I'll be able to trade it off for something I really want. :-)

Well, there's always Cerakote.

love my ak47

Post by love my ak47 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:10 pm

I have the glock 19 on the way,it took me almost 2 weeks to get it. G19's are really hard to get,g17's are on gunbrooker for $550-590.

Mountainmanarmed
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Bluecreek, Washingto
Favorite Firearm: That one
Next Firearm: Need a black gun

Post by Mountainmanarmed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 pm

I got the 19 and I am actually really liking the Wilson Combat sights. I remember seeing in some other post that there is a local glock guy that is a magician with glock triggers. Can anyone tell me his name and how to get ahold of him? Thanks
"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign" John Stuart Mills

Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Harrington
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: AR-15 pistols
Next Firearm: ???

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:42 am

On the banner below, our Doc Glock, Rick Hastings.
Cameron