new glocks

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
doubletap
Apprentice Gun Trader
City: Liberty Lake
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: glock
Next Firearm: 9MM AR

new glocks

Post by doubletap » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:21 pm

doubletap
Apprentice Gun Trader

Re: new glocks

Post by doubletap » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:10 pm

That's why they skipped a model number, because they were reserving a spot for the big bad 10mm.

Interesting gun, I wonder if that's a 6 inch barrel it will be sporting ?
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .

SteelReserve509
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Colt 1911
Next Firearm: Tank

Post by SteelReserve509 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah that G35 looks pretty slutty if you ask me.

doubletap
Apprentice Gun Trader

Post by doubletap » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:59 am

If I were a betting man, I would bet on a compact single stack 9mm coming out too.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 am

doubletap wrote:If I were a betting man, I would bet on a compact single stack 9mm coming out too.
And if I were a betting man, I think that would make many many people happy!

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 am

doubletap wrote:If I were a betting man, I would bet on a compact single stack 9mm coming out too.

If I were a betting man, I'd take that bet against yours and win on a technicality. Because my bet is that if Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm, It won't really be a compact or rather what it SHOULD be, a SUB-compact, anywhere near the size of the G42 or even a Sig P290 or a Keltec PF-9.

More likely it will be in-between the size of the G42 and the G19 but closer to the size of a Glock 19, just a hair smaller than a 19 but narrower in width. And in that case I won't buy one. I want one that is only a teeny, tiny little bit larger than the Glock 42. The Glock 42 should have been offered in EITHER 380, 9mm, or 9mm Makarov with just a slightly longer grip from front to rear to accommodate longer the 9x19 round, but all three chamberings could use the same slide.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:59 am

Flawlessfoose wrote:
And if I were a betting man, I think that would make many many people happy!

You got that one right, providing it's not just a single stack Glock 19, but some people would be happy with that.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

jr1982
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Rathdrum
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: My FN SCAR
Next Firearm: M1a

Post by jr1982 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Well whatever single stack 9mm glock makes it will sell like hot cakes because glock has an undeniably and sometimes irrationally loyal fan base.

Just out of curiosity, is it just a simple preference for glocks or do they offer something that other makers such as kahr, s&w, taurus and keltec do not?

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm

jr1982 wrote:Well whatever single stack 9mm glock makes it will sell like hot cakes because glock has an undeniably and sometimes irrationally loyal fan base.

Just out of curiosity, is it just a simple preference for glocks or do they offer something that other makers such as kahr, s&w, taurus and keltec do not?
Yeah, there as simple as it gets, they are very reliable, they take excessive abuse, they are accurate, they have the largest aftermarket support, and they seem to have a very low bore axis that seems to help with rapid fire, and they actually have a pretty good trigger from the factory for a striker fired gun that came be made very nice for a few bucks.

Of course there are other firearms that fit some of these categories .

If there was only one thing I could change on them, it would be there low hump on the grip of course

colebrian69
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: all

Post by colebrian69 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Flawlessfoose wrote:
jr1982 wrote:Well whatever single stack 9mm glock makes it will sell like hot cakes because glock has an undeniably and sometimes irrationally loyal fan base.

Yeah, there as simple as it gets, they are very reliable, they take excessive abuse, they are accurate, they have the largest aftermarket support, and they seem to have a very low bore axis that seems to help with rapid fire, and they actually have a pretty good trigger from the factory for a striker fired gun that came be made very nice for a few bucks.

Of course there are other firearms that fit some of these categories .

If there was only one thing I could change on them, it would be there low hump on the grip of course
this is why i like glocks. Cause im cheap and i like cheap aftermarket parts. I cant hit a damn thing with them due to there crazy grip angle but at least they look cool :D

Pig Slayer
Serious Gun Trader
City: Sequim, Washington
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: Colt Delta Elite
Next Firearm: The next one I see!

Post by Pig Slayer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Has anyone seen the new Glock 40 10mm Long Slide? If so, who has one to go look at it?

Astocks2622
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Howell, MI
Favorite Firearm: Witness Stock 1 10mm
Next Firearm: 338-06 or 35 Whelen

Post by Astocks2622 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:13 pm

the G40 MOS hasn't actually been released yet. No one has one to handle at this time.
Always looking for 7mm Mauser & 10mm brass.

"A man is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Astocks2622 wrote:the G40 MOS hasn't actually been released yet. No one has one to handle at this time.
I'm afraid to look at one, I might like it too much. :|

Astocks2622
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Howell, MI
Favorite Firearm: Witness Stock 1 10mm
Next Firearm: 338-06 or 35 Whelen

Post by Astocks2622 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:48 pm

agreed. i almost delayed getting my new Witness Stock 1 to see how that G40 handled. but then I decided to go with what i already knew fit me well... that g40 might end up being the only Glock in my stable though...
Always looking for 7mm Mauser & 10mm brass.

"A man is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

ron
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ron » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 am

For me, first, it's the reliability of both the guns and the factory magazines. I need to underling that last point. I've always liked 1911's but I don't trust any 1911 mag except Wilson because I know I can rely on them. Same thing for Glock factory mags. Then secondly, it's the simplicity and the proven durability of the mechanism. And lastly, it's the simplicity of operation. Kahr, s&w, taurus and keltec, Springfield, and every other manufacturer all have some of these qualities but not all in one gun.

But in spite of the slogan, "Glock Perfection", the Glock is not perfect. Very few things in life are perfect and almost everything involves a trade-off. Marry a beautiful woman and she'll likely cause you trouble, marry an ugly one and the trade off is fewer problems, Unless she's both mean and ugly) so the most anyone can hope for is the best combination of all factors. Glocks are not the most accurate of any handgun. but a small degree of accuracy is given up for a large degree of reliability. Accuracy is only theoretical if the gun won't fire or if it's hard to operate and get on target under stress. I also don't like the Glock grip or the finger grooves but with practice I've been able to adapt to it and with sandpaper I can fix the finger grooves. And I don't like the plastic guide rods simply because I take Murphy's Law as seriously as I do any of Newton's laws of physics. And I consider the cost of a one time purchase of a stainless guide rod as the cheapest insurance that I will ever buy.

What I'm trying to say is that my reasons for liking Glocks isn't about brand loyalty or being a fanboy. It's about in-depth analysis, the consideration of multiple factors, and hands-on experience. For many years I was happy with Smith and Wesson revolvers and 1911 pistols and looked upon Glocks with a jaundiced eye.
I'd tried shooting them a couple of times but was not impressed. But I always kind of like the Idea of a high cap 10mm like Ted Nugent had. But then I fired a Glock 20 in 10mm that RLHas had done a trigger job to, and that was all I needed for my proverbial conversion on the road to Damascus.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Has anyone got there hands on a glock 40 ? Are there any for sale ?

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 am

Looks like the new glock 10mm has been released finally.

Who wants one .... http://www.gunsamerica.com//958572341/G ... E.htm?wl=1

WickedWillis
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Post Falls
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: HK MP5
Next Firearm: APC9 Pro

Post by WickedWillis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Flawlessfoose wrote:Looks like the new glock 10mm has been released finally.

I am really surprised it took them this long, especially because of the 43 earlier in the year.
"There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs."

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Flawlessfoose » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:45 pm

WickedWillis wrote:
Flawlessfoose wrote:Looks like the new glock 10mm has been released finally.

I am really surprised it took them this long, especially because of the 43 earlier in the year.
I know!

I've been in the market for a 10mm for awhile now, and just can't make up my mind on which gun I want.

This new G40 looks sweet

The new sig p220 looks sweet too and would make a great hunting handgun and range shooter, but that sucker is big and heavy and only 8rds.

Really Glock has it right, light weight and 15rds, and there very accurate for what they are.

Did you guys happen to see the price on the one for sale? $900 plus shipping.

I hope that isn't what these are gonna sell for.