G 21sf tb

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
Lead ball
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: SA 1911
Next Firearm: Black Powder

G 21sf tb

Post by Lead ball » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:19 am

Hello anyone have one and what do you like and dislike about them thanks

LongRifle
City: Deer Park
State: Wa

Re: G 21sf tb

Post by LongRifle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm

My G 21sf doesn't have the threaded barrel but it's a fantastic shooter. It is very accurate if I do my part and handles hot loads easily. I've shot the worst ammo through it and it eats them right up. I have friends who have threaded barrel Glocks and they are just as reliable in all ways. I have heard no dislikes about them
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."
-Theodore Roosevelt

italydad
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Gen 3 Glock 34
Next Firearm: Manurhin GIGN MR73
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by italydad » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Glock factory threaded barrels are backwards threaded (LH?) and you will have a tough time finding the adapter to make them work, big pain in the butt, and if you aren't running a can whats the point.
Rules of War-
#1 Good Men will Die.
#2 Not even Doc can change Rule #1.
#3 For his Brothers, Doc will die trying to change Rules #1 and #2.

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 am

^Agree 100%. If you are going to run a suppressor system just get a quality aftermarket barrel. If you are'nt or can't run a suppressor what's the point of a TB?
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

Mossy
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: The one I sold

Post by Mossy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you just go with an aftermarket TB you'll also have to take into consideration that you'll also need to replace the factory sights with taller can sights.
A big thanks to fellow veterans and active duty personnel/family for your sacrifice of this country

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:43 am

From another thread:
Re: Threaded?
Postby Flawlessfoose » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:07 pm

ron wrote:
I like the idea that there are factory threaded barrels available but not the idea that they have an oddball left-hand thread. I'd sure want to know that before I went out and bought one.

They're LH thread, but it's not a problem, every major suppressor manufacture makes threads for them.
16x1 LH and 13.5x1 LH
Sig
Glock
Hk
There is absolutely no problem with them.
Plus I prefer factory barrels to MOST, not all aftermarket barrels especially for running suppressors.
Also, the reason for a left handed thread is that most barrels including Glock have a Right-hand twist and a left-hand thread prevents the suppressor from coming loose from the torqueing of the barrel each time a round is fired. The other bonus that I can see is that even if you never mounted a suppressor on the barrel and and left the thread protector cap in place, you still get an extra half inch of rifled barrel for a slight velocity gain, and it LOOKS cool, and will likely increase the resale value.

But the G21 is the most logical choice for a suppressor since almost all 45 ACP ammo is subsonic, even 230 grain plus+P, including the XLNT Buffalo Bore 45 ACP +P OUTDOORSMAN 255 gr. Hard Cast FN (925 fps/M.E. 484 ft. lbs.)
Last edited by ron on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Flawlessfoose
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: Wa
Next Firearm: M134

Post by Flawlessfoose » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Ron and mossy are correct. If your gonna run a suppresor, the TB model is ready to good right out of the box.
No need for sights or aftermarket barrel.
If you buy a suppresor, you can usually pick what threads come with your suppresor when you purchase it, and they are not hard to find.
I know because I've had 4 handguns that are LH threaded.
If you want a muzzle compensator, that may be a different story
WARNING... SIGS ARE ADDICTIVE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ADULTS .