Talon Grips

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Harrington
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: AR-15 pistols
Next Firearm: ???

Talon Grips

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Hey Guys, I wanted a little more stickiness on my Glock 21SF. I had recently switched from a used 21 to a 21SF because the grip was just a little large for my hand. I've tried the rubber sleeves on my M19 but they've added too much thickness to the grip.

I found Talon Grips at Amazon and ordered a medium sized one that fits a gen 4 medium grip backstrap. Less than $20. I guessed at the size, hoping that a an SF was like a medium backstrap. I was right.

After cleaning the grip area I applied the Talon according to the directions and used a hair dryer to heat it and press it into the Glock's checkering and grooves.

It is wonderful!! It's only 0.5mm thick and doesn't add any perceptible thickness to the grip. It has a pebbely rubberized feel that looks homemade stippeling.

I've shot it two different times and the adhesive has held nicely.

Amazon has Talon Grips for several applications.
Cameron

Waterdog
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: 50 cal. Knight
Next Firearm: One i dont have...

Re: Talon Grips

Post by Waterdog » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Good to know, thanks for your post. :D

italydad
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Gen 3 Glock 34
Next Firearm: Manurhin GIGN MR73
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by italydad » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Thank you, I have been on the fence about them for a long time. I have tried the rubber sleeves, like you said, way too much girth. I will definitely give these a try.
Rules of War-
#1 Good Men will Die.
#2 Not even Doc can change Rule #1.
#3 For his Brothers, Doc will die trying to change Rules #1 and #2.

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible

R.J.
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AK`s & Glocks
Next Firearm: ....mmmmm

Post by R.J. » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:26 pm

I have Talon grips on my G#20 & A-Grips on my #23. Both are great. A-Grips are softer (almost like velvet) but grip very well & like Talons are very thin.
...one nation, under surveillance, unrecognizable, w/ smart phones & food stamps for all.

WTB - `82 Delorean & Flux Capacitor.

BLM - BURN, LOOT, MURDER

Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:45 pm

The grip on my Glock 21SF is still holding up with no loose edges. It even survived a trip to Arizona.
Cameron

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 am

I'm curious to know the difference between the handling qualities of the wrap-around textured grip and the ones that just go on the sides. It would seem to me that the standard texture molded in to the backs of the factory Glock grips is about as aggressive of a texture that's possible, so why cover it up with something with LESS texture unless it actually feels better in your hand.

Here's a picture of the Decal grips installed on the sides only to demonstrate what I'm talking about. They offer two different textures, "sand" and "pebble" and I think the picture shows "Sand". I've though of trying Skateboard tape but I think the disadvantage with that stuff is that it would be too abrasive against a holster and even with your skin. Skateboard tape is kind of like 100 grit paper for metal.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:28 pm

The grip is still on. No edges of the decal have come loose. It still looks and works as well as when applied. Probably 300 rounds fired with it on.

My experiences with Glocks is that with time the grip becomes slightly slick with wear. My first LE turn had an almost polished texture. Add sweat and it was terrible to grip.

I didn't get the too rough textured decal that is like sandpaper. I have a softer, pebbley and rubbery decal.
Cameron

Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:57 pm

I purchased a sheet of the pebbely rubber material to apply to my shotgun. Got to figure out how to cut it for both hand grips so it covers the compound curves.
Cameron