Glock model 40 10mm Longslide

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Glock model 40 10mm Longslide

Post by ron » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:40 pm

I've liked the looks of the Glock longslides, the G35 40 caliber and the G34 9mm. and I've handled both and liked the feel of them and I've been looking forward to checking out a Glock 40 in 10mm and I just found out something interesting form an article in the American rifleman. It said,

"Instead of just elongating the G20's heavy-duty slide to accommodate a longer barrel (making the pistol unnecessarily weighty), a slim, thinner-walled slide with external dimensions comparable to the Practical Tactical models was installed. Even though the G40 does not have a cut out in the top of the slide, the pistol still weights 2.5 ounces less than the Standard size G21. The result is a 10 mm pistol with a much better balance in hand than one might expect from a long slide."

I'm not very familiar with the "Practical Tactical" models but apparently they have a slide that is closer to the external dimensions of the narrower G34 and G35 that fits on the G20 and G21 frame and it weighs 2 and a half ounces less.

Does anyone here have a G40 and how do you like it? Have you used it with open sights as well as with an optical sight? The longer slide gives toy a longer sight radius which is inherently more accurate with open sights.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... os-pistol/
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Pig Slayer
Serious Gun Trader
City: Sequim, Washington
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: Colt Delta Elite
Next Firearm: The next one I see!

Re: Glock model 40 10mm Longslide

Post by Pig Slayer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Hey Ron, I bought one new last year and I love it. I have shot it with both open sights, but now have a Vortex Razor on it. Still working on getting it sighted in, but it shoots awesome. Recoil with my reloads is very minor. Almost every round lands with in a few inches of each other. Now that they have closed down Stone lodge I will probably wait till it reopens later this year before I go back out. If you ever want to try it, let me know.