Recommend a shop please, need a Glock G30 receiver

Discuss Glock pistols and Glock related topics...
Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

Recommend a shop please, need a Glock G30 receiver

Post by Sandaholic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:09 am

Hello all newb here looking for a suggestion on a local shop/dealer/retailer that won't bend me over for a G30 receiver.

The backstory:
I bought an Advantage Arms 22lr conversion for my G30 because I thought it was a nice cheap alternative to buying a 22lr pistol. In hindsight I should have just bought an entire pistol. I bought this to ease my gal into shooting. She has a VP9 and can shoot it, but I think she might be developing some bad habits. I just want her to focus more on the sight picture and the trigger squeeze and I don't think the current recoil she deals with allows that. Only took the kit out once and put a few rounds through it. I didn't have the proper/suggested ammo on hand and had a few hiccups. After doing research I read about some people having issues with beating up their receivers. This G30 is my edc piece and reading that did not give me the warm fuzzies.

Anyhow thats why I'd like to purchase a separate receiver. Digging around the net the cheapest I've seen one is $175 + $10 shipping for a factory new frame. I also talked to a guy up in Deer Park about utilizing him as my FFL to transfer the thing $5 transfer fee beats the heck out of everything I have seen from others in Spokane (Frontier Gear is the business name).

Sure would be nice if Glock would go ahead and build some 22lr models. Anyone else think those would sell?

Appreciate any help.
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Re: Recommend a shop please, need a Glock G30 receiver

Post by ron » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Keep in mind that what your're calling the "receiver" is in the eyes of the ATF, the entire gun because it has the serial number on it, and in all practicality it's about 75 percent of the whole gun minus the slide, barrel, extactor, firing pin assembly and FP safety. You might be able to get the bare frame for less than $175 but that might not include all the parts that make up the complete "Lower Receiver". I don't know this for a fact, but I would think that a whole other complete brand new frame is probably going to cost at least half of a whole other complete gun would cost, especially if it's all genuine Glock factory parts.

I would suggest that you take both your gun and the kit to a member here on the forum known as the Glock Doc who is a certified Glock armorer who's been working on Glocks for almost ten years and who is a full time gunsmith at Firearms Finishing in Spokane. To my way of thinking there is no way a 22 rimfire conversion should cause excess wear or put more stress on your G30 frame than the what the factory slide firing 45 ACP does, and the Glock Doc can assure that it functions properly so that you won't need to get another frame but if you want to have a separate frame he can help you with that, too, but a properly set up 22 rimfire conversion should NOT cause unnecessary wear or do damage to the gun. As far as I know a glock 29 in 10mm uses the same frame as a glock 30 and that fires a lot higher pressure cartridge than a 45 ACP and certainly more than a 22 long rifle.

He can also re-work your Glock trigger so that it's more conducive to accurate shooting for both target practice and defensive purposes.

Firearm Finishing Inc
1615 E Holyoke Ave, Spokane, WA 99217

Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Sat 9am-5pm

509-487-4145

Here's someone who had a problem fitting an aftermarket part to a Glock who had the problem resolved by the Glock Doc. He is but one of many satisfied customers, myself included, not just with Rick but with Firearm Finishing Inc. the shop. They are honest, competent, and reasonable, with fast turn-around times.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=108467

Hope this helps.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Cameron Kaputa
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Harrington
State: Washington
Favorite Firearm: AR-15 pistols
Next Firearm: ???

Post by Cameron Kaputa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

Glock Doc is GTG.
Cameron

Jhaw1027
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Remington 788 6mm
Next Firearm: Ar15 build

Post by Jhaw1027 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:27 pm

I agree... Glock doc was my suggestion before I read the post all the way through... Rick is great I've only used him for transfers but hope to have him do some work soon... he has moved to 2420 e trent no longer on Holyoke...

You could also order from Glock last I checked you can get a replacement frame for 100$ and then get a parts kit to complete it that should be less than 175$
JHAW

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Jhaw1027 wrote:I agree... Glock doc was my suggestion before I read the post all the way through... Rick is great I've only used him for transfers but hope to have him do some work soon... he has moved to 2420 e trent no longer on Holyoke...

You could also order from Glock last I checked you can get a replacement frame for 100$ and then get a parts kit to complete it that should be less than 175$
Actually I believe Rick is working out of Liquid Transformations again. At least that's where he was 2 weeks ago when I had him tweek my G19. Firearms Finishing moved to the location on Trent but Rick didn't.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired