Discuss AR / M4 / M16 / AK / SKS...
roach
Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Too hard to decide
Next Firearm: PPK/s

Re: Help with semi auto 308/7.62x51 purchase

Post by roach » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:16 am

Don't forget about the M-14 platform. Meets all your OP criteria....Several reputable companies produce them in every conceivable configuration within your price range. As an lucky owner of a SA National Match M1A, I am a bit bias....but my second choice would be a para-trooper model FAL from DSA arms. The M-14 isn't a "lego" rifle like the AR-10 platforms when it comes to building or accessorizing them....much more difficult and expensive so keep that in mind if that's your intention down the path. There are a lot of quality aftermarket companies who produce good products accessories for the M-14 platform so don't let that swing your decision.
I love the smell of road-flares in the morning

WickedWillis
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Post Falls
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: HK MP5
Next Firearm: APC9 Pro

Post by WickedWillis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:50 am

pacnw wrote:Got the PWS!!!
Congrats! We expect a full range report! :P
"There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs."

JJMF2112
Serious Gun Trader
City: N. Spokane
Favorite Firearm: LaRue SBR 556
Next Firearm: Noveske 300 blkout

Post by JJMF2112 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 am

Low Trq wrote:The LaRue, from all I've read, is by far the best you're going to get. Not because of a name, but because of the product.
100% correct! My LaRue in 762 is the best! When you take out the pins for takedown, you have to use a lot of elbow grease to get apart. It's that tight! So accurate! You get 2 LaRue mags with it and they always throw in a bag of swag with it. Mine came wth rail covers and a free sling mount!