Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Depends...
Next Firearm: To many.

Striped lowers

Post by Pacific5th » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 pm

I need a lower for my A2/4 clone. The Andersons have kind of a weird rough finish to them so I'm trying to avoid them. Otherwise it looks like I can get a Spikes for $115, Ruger for $85-100 depending on shop and Aeros around the same price. Any pro's or con's to these?

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Re: Striped lowers

Post by Torakan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

You can get an Aero stripped lower at Axis Mfg for about $90. That’s what I’d get.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Aero Precision makes Palmetto State Armory Lowers, That what they told me in the store anyway. So if you want to order one or 10 online...that's an option.
Do or do not there is no try.

garand
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane

Post by garand » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:58 am

There are a lot of choices and sometimes so many choices makes it difficult to decide what is the best option. The PSA, Aero, Ruger and Spikes, I believe, are all mill spec. The Anderson is not. I suggest you purchase one which is mil spec. I have seen and have had issues with the interchangeability or fitting of parts on non-mil spec lowers. Up to uppers not fitting properly to allow rear pin to latch or being able to open with out modification to the front upper lug, quality after market triggers not fitting in the lower (Geissele and LaRue) with out needing to smith the lower. You may not have these issues with a non-mil spec, but it is common. With a mill spec lower, you will not have these issues.

I have had excellent results with Spikes, DPMS, S&W and a couple others. Aero has a very good reputation and there is a definite following of PSA in the SGT forums. If you like the idea of a theme, the Spikes has several. Calico Jack, Punisher, Zombie, Crusader, Spartan, Joker.......

Anderson also has several, but again, non-mil spec.

I personally like Spikes and a few of the others. Spikes tends to be $15-25 more, but if $15-25 brakes my bank on a build, I shouldn't be doing a build. There a lot of people who like to build and it is a fun challenge for them see how inexpensively they can do it. Never a bad idea, so long as it runs and shoots straight, which they normally do! :)

Good luck, let us know what you get.

Sandaholic
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: 22lrAR cause its fun
Next Firearm: P226

Post by Sandaholic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 am

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.a ... rakote-993
$72 shipped
This is s sharp looking FDE lower.

http://www.e-arms.com/aero-precision-ar ... zed-black/
$48 shipped
These guys are new never heard of them. But when I bought my lowers that were the same as these a few years ago I think I got them for $40 a piece so the price seems reasonable. These were not blemished either.

But on the flip side sounds like you can walk into a shop here locally and spend just a little more and walk out with one.......
It's unfortunate that so many have succumb to the propaganda and new age terrorism. Most of you believed the 2nd amendment gave teeth to our ability to fight for our rights. Now through coercion on a massive scale, you want to restrict our freedoms because of your fear.

Cheers to the Trump years! Here's to hoping justice returns to the land and we get 4 more!

nivlak
Serious Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Next Firearm: Barrett

Post by nivlak » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 am

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Sandaholic wrote:http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.a ... rakote-993
$72 shipped
This is s sharp looking FDE lower.

http://www.e-arms.com/aero-precision-ar ... zed-black/
$48 shipped
These guys are new never heard of them. But when I bought my lowers that were the same as these a few years ago I think I got them for $40 a piece so the price seems reasonable. These were not blemished either.

But on the flip side sounds like you can walk into a shop here locally and spend just a little more and walk out with one.......
E-Arms also does free shipping, so you would just have the transfer fee and maybe sales tax.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: Depends...
Next Firearm: To many.

Post by Pacific5th » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Found a Aero locally. Not as good of a deal as I could get online but I also go the instant satisfaction of getting one today.

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Pacific5th wrote:Found a Aero locally. Not as good of a deal as I could get online but I also go the instant satisfaction of getting one today.
Where?

How much?

AXISMFG
Local SGT Sponsor
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: AR15
Next Firearm: AR10

Post by AXISMFG » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=117956

I also have Anderson Lowers 1-$50 or buy 2 or more and get them for $45 each.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator
City: Valleyford
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: ??
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by Nutntoit » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:50 am

The aero gen 2 lowers come with a tension screw to help with any upper to lower fit issues. That is kind of a nice feature.