Discuss AR / M4 / M16 / AK / SKS...
ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

AR10 won't fire

Post by ghillieinthemist » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:20 pm

First off I'm in Georgia right now. Ar10 won't fire. All I get Is a click of the hammer. Yes trigger components are in there correctly. It's from the factory not a home build. I double checked it anyway. Anyone know what's up with this guy? Also...when I did pull the trigger and it failed to fire it was not easy pulling the charging handle back ...It wasn't as easy as it should have been. If anyone has any feedback before I go buy a new BCG let me know. I already did a google search and can't seem to find what this might be other than the trigger springs incorrectly installed.
Do or do not there is no try.

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Re: AR10 won't fire

Post by pacnw » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Firing pin missing or broken?

Improper install/alignment of BCG parts?

reloadr2128
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: Wa
Favorite Firearm: Uzi .45
Next Firearm: Another 1911
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by reloadr2128 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:35 pm

what does the firing pin impact on the primer look like? firing pin issue possibly?

*** has it ever fired?

*** maybe something (debris) on the face of the bolt holding the round out enough so the firing pin misses the primer?

C13A
Serious Gun Trader
City: Martha, KY
Favorite Firearm: M14, M1 Grnd
Next Firearm: SAI XDM 40sw 4.5"

Post by C13A » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 am

This may not apply, but I had issues with an Aero Precision M5 home build that I would not get the bolt to go completely forward when loading or after every shot. I absolutely could not pull the charging handle back some of the time and had to mortar the rifle to eject the live round. It may be worth checking if the bolt is completely forward or if there is a slightly wider space in front of the bolt carrier than there should be. Sometimes mine had looked forward but was still not far enough in to rotate the bolt and shorten the distance for the firing pin and I had nonfires. I hope this makes sense. It is tricky for me to explain without pictures. The end of my story was sending the barrel/bolt back to the manufacturer but all the did was clean and polish the chamber area. Mine seems to be good now. Good luck.
A "whiz" means you're generally disliked. A crack means its personal... A 107mm rocket means you shouldn't have worn flip flops...

Always interested in trading for 1898 Krag or Win 67 type single shot 22 rifles.

Texting is not a good option to make a deal with me. Please use the PMs only. Thanks.

Prefer to meet at Fred Meyer at Freya/I-90 for Non-Firearm Sales.

ghillieinthemist
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Post Falls, ID
Favorite Firearm: R25 in .243
Next Firearm: ???????

Post by ghillieinthemist » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Well I took it apart and cleaned the Sh!t of it. had the usual amount of build up. I guess I didn't clean after I took it out last time. I found a very small circular piece of brass in there. I'm pretty sure it was causing friction against the case somewhere. any how did a good once over and it's shooting great again. The small piece of brass was about the size of a ball point pen. but flat. I'd never seen one of these get stuck in there before.
Do or do not there is no try.

bambam72
Gun Trader
City: Rathdrum
Favorite Firearm: All of em
Next Firearm: always looking for 1

Post by bambam72 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 am

Had a similar issue.. turned out to be a spent primer that came out of the case and gummed up the ejector..I hear that AR10 firing pins can be a PITA