Mikesbikes
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Medical Lake
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: MK25
Next Firearm: Scary Black Gun

AR15 MINI14

Post by Mikesbikes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Opinions on my next build, another AR15 or a mini14. Looking mainly for info on a mini14 build as I have not personally put one together. Also looking on opinions on Ruger used values, and personal experience with stock kits for the mini14. TIA
Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday’s success or put its failures behind and start over again. That’s the way life is, with a new game every day, and that’s the way baseball is. - Bullet Bob Feller

Pacific5th
Serious Gun Trader
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: Depends...
Next Firearm: To many.

Re: AR15 MINI14

Post by Pacific5th » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:22 am

I don't think you can really build a Mini. Ruger won't even sell most of the parts to you. If your talking about just buying one and changing some things out then there is some stuff you can do but not nearly as much as a AR. I like the Mini 14 but do not currently own one. If you look for one try and get a 580 and up series as they have a thicker tapered barrel and are more accurate then the older "pencil" barrel mini's. Perfectunion.com seems to be the place to go for Mini 14 support, lots of good info on there.

Mikesbikes
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Medical Lake
Favorite Firearm: MK25
Next Firearm: Scary Black Gun

Re: AR15 MINI14

Post by Mikesbikes » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks for the info, my "build" would be Modifying a off the shelf rifle. I have seen all kinds of built up mini 14s and am just looking for personal experience with parts and function over a stock rifle. Thanks and I'll check out that site.
Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday’s success or put its failures behind and start over again. That’s the way life is, with a new game every day, and that’s the way baseball is. - Bullet Bob Feller