Lead ball
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: SA 1911
Next Firearm: Black Powder

best place to buy

Post by Lead ball » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:52 pm

I would like to hear your opinions on the best place localy to buy a 1911 and what would you suggest for a good 1911 quality and value thanks

italydad
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Gen 3 Glock 34
Next Firearm: Manurhin GIGN MR73
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: best place to buy

Post by italydad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:07 pm

I like Double Eagle, their selection, especially in the 1911 dept is outstanding. That being said, I think the best value in a 1911 is the STI brand. They have a starter model, the Spartan, starting at around the $700 price point, and it puts to shame others even close to that point. The Trojan, the next one up is at about the $1100 price point, and is just great too. I would take these over a Kimber, Ruger, Remington, Sig, Colt any day of the week. IF you want to spend a little more they have another model each $300-$500 step. I have two, a 9mm and a 45ACP, any time you want to meet at Sharpshooters you are welcome to shoot mine. Sharpshooters incidentally is the only place I know that you can find them. The only other 1911 I would ever spend the money on is a Caspian, but good luck finding one. If you can, the ones I have owned have outshot my Nighthawks and Wilson Combat, as well as a Les Baer or two. That's my story and I'm sticking too it.
Rules of War-
#1 Good Men will Die.
#2 Not even Doc can change Rule #1.
#3 For his Brothers, Doc will die trying to change Rules #1 and #2.

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible

Jimbo302
City: Coeur D'Alene, ID

Re: best place to buy

Post by Jimbo302 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Gunbroker has plenty of Caspian models.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Pistols/BI.asp ... ds=caspian