hike in fishing

Discuss Fishing and all things fish related...
konz.223
Accomplished Gun Trader
City: Worley
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Sbr's
Next Firearm: ??

hike in fishing

Post by konz.223 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:42 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of any hike in camping and fishing spot's in Washington I have done a couple in Idaho but was looking to try some In Washington.

thanks in advance

Fshnpole
Gun Trader
City: Spokane
State: WA

Re: hike in fishing

Post by Fshnpole » Fri May 06, 2016 6:24 am

There is a huge amount of lakes to backpack into if you head towards the west side. Google WA high lakes or alpine lakes and on the WDFW website you can find all the old stocking info for the lakes. They are stocked by volunteers of backpacking groups which is pretty cool. Fishing the lakes is hit or miss and it is difficult to get much information out of anyone, you just haveto do some research and investigate yourself.

Rigger28
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane/Metaline
Favorite Firearm: Ruger M77 .375 Ruger
Next Firearm: .410 SxS

Post by Rigger28 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:04 pm

I lived on Mt.Spokane for most of my childhood, and while it's not necessarily "hike in" fishing I had a blast every summer hiking along Dead Mans crick (not sure if this is the official name, but that's what we always called it)and catching LOADS of Brookies. We lived in the state park and I would follow the crick all the way down to Kirks Lodge and then back again. I just used earth worms I hand dug but I'm sure lots of baits would work.

xcr1
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spangle
Favorite Firearm: Seekins AR Build
Next Firearm: Benelli
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by xcr1 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:17 pm

When I was a kid we would hike into Alaska lake. There are two ways into it if I remember, one off I90 which is a pretty easy but long hike and one from the other side. All I remember about the other side is the last quarter mile or so was straight up over big granite rocks, but when you hit the top the lake is right there. Perfectly clear water.
I know enough to know I don't know enough.