Shrimping

Discuss Fishing and all things fish related...
asmith
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Davenport, WA
Favorite Firearm: .22WMR Bolt action
Next Firearm: ANY

Shrimping

Post by asmith » Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Headed out with a buddy from work to do some shrimping this weekend. Never done it before, so looking forward to it. Might also try for a ling or two. Anyone else been out for amy thing or going out?
Last edited by asmith on Tue May 10, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right wing shooter, I aim for the left!!!

Nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you come close to what can be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: The next good deal.
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Shrimping

Post by thumpar » Tue May 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Where are you headed? I have never shimped before. I have done crabbing and clam digging.
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP
2/3rds of the worlds surface would be wasted if it wasn't for boating.

asmith
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by asmith » Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Will be dropping the pots on the southern end of Lopez island. That's about all I know. My buddy and his family have been doing this for many years. He has family that live in mount vernon. He said he would also take me out after crab later in the summer. I've never done that either. All I need now is to get some razor clamp and I'll be set, lol.

Nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you come close to what can be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by thumpar » Tue May 10, 2016 3:41 pm

This is our haul from Christmas night. I was about 120 total. We went out the next day also. If you get any extra dungies I would be happy to pick them up. ;)
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, But always enough time to do it again? - Don S RIP

asmith
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by asmith » Thu May 12, 2016 2:25 pm

If we get more than my family will eat, I'd be more than happy to give ya some. So long as I can get some of those clams ;)

asmith
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by asmith » Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 am

Very rough seas this weekend. But for my first time shrimping I had a blast! Managed only 145 for 4 people in two days, but still a fun time. You know the seas are bad when the boat owner, who's been doing this for 25+ years, got sea sick the first day, :lol: . We where in an 18' duckworth in about 6'-8' seas. Glad I took alot of dramamine.

thumpar
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by thumpar » Mon May 16, 2016 1:33 pm

That looks good. Sounds like a crazy ride.