Bragging Wall

Discuss Fishing and all things fish related...
xcr1
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spangle
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Seekins AR Build
Next Firearm: Benelli
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Bragging Wall

Post by xcr1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Those are gonna be good eatin!
I know enough to know I don't know enough.

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: m1a
Next Firearm: dont know

Post by ninjassassin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:29 pm

anyone been steelhead fishing?

Atoal2333
City: Post Falls
Favorite Firearm: The one hidden
Next Firearm: Seekins rifle

Post by Atoal2333 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 am

Lake trout my grandad caught. I had to net the thing... Talk about being nervous :lol:
Changing lives since '87

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter
City: DEER PARK
Favorite Firearm: bergara 308
Next Firearm: 50 beo

Post by ruger338 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:46 am

Those are great fish everyone
Last edited by ruger338 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ruger338 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:49 am

My rainbow at 19 in an my brown at 24in

ruger338
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ruger338 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 am

My wife an her fish off corn also

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Post by dmoua » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Nice sturgeon. I was supposed to go sturgeon fishing next week, but it got canceled. Havent been in years and pretty disappointed. Where were you fishing at? Upper Columbia? Bank fishing it would appear. Got to get out after them again soon.
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Post by dmoua » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks. We always bank fish for sturgeon down by the Snake River of Lower Granite Dam.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ninjassassin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Well finally got a weekend off to go steelhead fishing. Kinda late but better then work. Saturday only caught 4 fish and the river was muddy. Sunday caught 1 fish in the morning. Fished until 1 pm and decided that Id go hit a secret hole before I went home early. On the way I noticed that a popular hole where there was usually 4 or more guys fishing was empty. I decided what the hell I got nothing to loose. First cast BOOM first keeper, second wild, third another keeper, and fourth cast keeper but decided to release cause the bite was on and wanted to catch more fish. I had a big native buck on and was fighting it. It just didn't want to come in. Well finally got it in and when I went to tale it. A rock I was standing on rolled out and I went into the river. I notice someone grab me by my jacket collar and pull me back up. I turned around and it was the game warden. He had been watching me. He looked at me smiled told me I still had a fish on and to land it first then he said I'm the second person he had pull out of the river today. He checked my license and another FW person showed up and gave me 5 tubes to put fish in for the hatchery. I fished for about 2 hours caught 5 keepers released 3 and 11 wild and 2 tiny wild steelhead I swear were trout. Stop in another popular hole that was empty on my way out and caught another 9 wild fish before it got to dark. It was good weekend caught fish, had a guy try to kick me off the river for being on tribal grounds, and got saved. Gotta go to work but I'll get the pics I got before drowning my phone up tonight or tomorrow.

hatchdog
Classifieds Moderator
City: Deer Park
Favorite Firearm: S&W 4506
Next Firearm: 30-30 Henry

Post by hatchdog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:32 pm

ninjassassin wrote:Well finally got a weekend off to go steelhead fishing. Kinda late but better then work. Saturday only caught 4 fish and the river was muddy. Sunday caught 1 fish in the morning. Fished until 1 pm and decided that Id go hit a secret hole before I went home early. On the way I noticed that a popular hole where there was usually 4 or more guys fishing was empty. I decided what the hell I got nothing to loose. First cast BOOM first keeper, second wild, third another keeper, and fourth cast keeper but decided to release cause the bite was on and wanted to catch more fish. I had a big native buck on and was fighting it. It just didn't want to come in. Well finally got it in and when I went to tale it. A rock I was standing on rolled out and I went into the river. I notice someone grab me by my jacket collar and pull me back up. I turned around and it was the game warden. He had been watching me. He looked at me smiled told me I still had a fish on and to land it first then he said I'm the second person he had pull out of the river today. He checked my license and another FW person showed up and gave me 5 tubes to put fish in for the hatchery. I fished for about 2 hours caught 5 keepers released 3 and 11 wild and 2 tiny wild steelhead I swear were trout. Stop in another popular hole that was empty on my way out and caught another 9 wild fish before it got to dark. It was good weekend caught fish, had a guy try to kick me off the river for being on tribal grounds, and got saved. Gotta go to work but I'll get the pics I got before drowning my phone up tonight or tomorrow.

THAT'S IT, NO MORE WEEKENDS OFF FOR YOU!!!!!!! :lol:

(ninja and I work for the same company) :D

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ninjassassin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 pm

small female
small male
regular size male
the 2 I kept. you can see the recipe in the cooler I finally broke down and bought a big cooler. i have a pic a few pages back where it shows my fishes sticking out of my small cooler.
mountain white fish caught some these little guys also
Last edited by ninjassassin on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ninjassassin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:53 pm

THAT'S IT, NO MORE WEEKENDS OFF FOR YOU!!!!!!! :lol:

(ninja and I work for the same company) :D[/quote]

You're just over paying me to drag my feet when I should be fishing.

asmith
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Davenport, WA
Favorite Firearm: .22WMR Bolt action
Next Firearm: ANY

Post by asmith » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 am

Took the family to deer springs lake (aka turtle lake) this morning. Fished 4 hours, kept 12, release many more. It was non stop action today. I've never seen it this good at this lake before. The wife and kids had a blast, and now it's BBQ time tonight!

Right wing shooter, I aim for the left!!!

Nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you come close to what can be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Waterdog
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: 50 cal. Knight
Next Firearm: One i dont have...

Post by Waterdog » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:27 pm

asmith wrote:Took the family to deer springs lake (aka turtle lake) this morning. Fished 4 hours, kept 12, release many more. It was non stop action today. I've never seen it this good at this lake before. The wife and kids had a blast, and now it's BBQ time tonight!

When's dinner? ;)
Nice job, you couldn't ask for a nicer day to
take the family out fishing.

pirateer2007
SGT Premium Supporter
City: N. Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Browning BPS 10ga
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by pirateer2007 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:51 am

Had 3 of my kiddos out at the lake yesterday. Feels like it's been years since I've had time off work to do something like this. And the kids did great! They all out fished dad just like they should :)

I apologize if the pictures aren't oriented correctly. I'm posting them from my iPhone. If they are rotated, any help would be greatly appreciated.
"You know, I've heard the camera adds 10 pounds. Looks like you ate 5 cameras. Here we go." - Steve Carrell

scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Post by scrappy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 pm

ninjassassin wrote:Well finally got a weekend off to go steelhead fishing. Kinda late but better then work. Saturday only caught 4 fish and the river was muddy. Sunday caught 1 fish in the morning. Fished until 1 pm and decided that Id go hit a secret hole before I went home early. On the way I noticed that a popular hole where there was usually 4 or more guys fishing was empty. I decided what the hell I got nothing to loose. First cast BOOM first keeper, second wild, third another keeper, and fourth cast keeper but decided to release cause the bite was on and wanted to catch more fish. I had a big native buck on and was fighting it. It just didn't want to come in. Well finally got it in and when I went to tale it. A rock I was standing on rolled out and I went into the river. I notice someone grab me by my jacket collar and pull me back up. I turned around and it was the game warden. He had been watching me. He looked at me smiled told me I still had a fish on and to land it first then he said I'm the second person he had pull out of the river today. He checked my license and another FW person showed up and gave me 5 tubes to put fish in for the hatchery. I fished for about 2 hours caught 5 keepers released 3 and 11 wild and 2 tiny wild steelhead I swear were trout. Stop in another popular hole that was empty on my way out and caught another 9 wild fish before it got to dark. It was good weekend caught fish, had a guy try to kick me off the river for being on tribal grounds, and got saved. Gotta go to work but I'll get the pics I got before drowning my phone up tonight or tomorrow.
You caught more steelhead on that trip than some people do in 10 years!!
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:42 pm

pirateer2007's Pics... :)
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ninjassassin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:33 pm

scrappy wrote:
You caught more steelhead on that trip than some people do in 10 years!!
Im pretty novice at steelhead fishing. I just got lucky i usually catch only a few or nothing. I dont know whats happening under the surface but once in a while it just turns on and I cant get the fish off fast enough. Ill catch so many fish that my arms are in pain from fighting fish. It might only last 10 min or an hour then it just stops and I might not catch another fish.

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by ninjassassin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm bringing this thread back to life from the grave. MUAHAHAHAHAHA :). Finally got a chance to go steelhead fishing this year before I go back to school. Got a whole mess of steelhead and mountain white fish.