jimmy
Classifieds Moderator
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Colts
SGT Supporter: Yes

Something interesting..

Post by jimmy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:50 pm

I was helping a relative a few years back cleaning out a house where a family member past away. (not my side of the family, didn't know the person)
Long story short, I found this in the back of the closet and was given to me. No one knew anything about it or where it came from.
Its actually built really well and what I make of it, designed to be cross over shoulder. The large blade says "Negrito Bolo" on it and the smaller one is a Russell Canadian belt Knife. Maybe someone made it in leather class years ago?? Who knows. :D
Anyways, thought I would share.

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Re: Something interesting..

Post by Torakan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

It's from the Philipines! That blade style is called a bolo and is a common field and combative knife in the Philipines. The bolo sheath is original. The other stuff looks to have been added later and is North American in origin. If you want to learn how to fight with it message me.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

bladebum
Retired Global Moderator, SGT Administrator and Founding member
Favorite Firearm: Glock 41

Post by bladebum » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Yes... Agree with Torakan! Very nice find jimmy!
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 257AA9BRIO

Here is a stock picture of one that I had for awhile, but then sold it. :) http://www.cssdsc.ch/Bolo_Trainer.htm
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm" The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm"
"I am a sheepdog, I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
"Life is Short, Don't Waste It"

jimmy
Classifieds Moderator

Post by jimmy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Really cool.. Thanks for the info. Guys! :)

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:00 am

jimmy wrote:Really cool.. Thanks for the info. Guys! :)
One other thing, "Negrito" is the diminutive form of the Spanish word "Black" meaning something smaller. "Negrito Bolo" would literally translate to "Little Black Bolo". The two major languages of the Philippines are Spanish and Tagalog.

You found some real treasures. Is the leather flask a bota bag for liquids or is it for gunpowder?
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

jimmy
Classifieds Moderator

Post by jimmy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 am

ron wrote:
jimmy wrote:Really cool.. Thanks for the info. Guys! :)
One other thing, "Negrito" is the diminutive form of the Spanish word "Black" meaning something smaller. "Negrito Bolo" would literally translate to "Little Black Bolo". The two major languages of the Philippines are Spanish and Tagalog.

You found some real treasures. Is the leather flask a bota bag for liquids or is it for gunpowder?
Thanks Ron, it's for liquid..
Everything is attached together on the sling and the main sheath. Looks like it was made to be carried on foot and the shoulder rest is some kind of real animal skin like a Martin or some kind of mink, weasel? :)