ItsMe
Rookie Member
City: Pinehurst
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 1911

Esee Knives

Post by ItsMe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Is there a local dealer for Esee knives in Spokane? I am kind of liking the Ka-Bar too. Anyone local with a selection to choose from?

Thanks.
Some times you learn a lesson. Some times ya teach one.

nivlak
Serious Gun Trader
City: Spokane
Next Firearm: Barrett

Re: Esee Knives

Post by nivlak » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I know the White Elephant has some Ka-bar knives. not much as to selection but I am sure they could order whatever you liked... As to other shops, not too many that I know of deal with knives.

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Nothing local for ESEE. Best to order on line for Lower pricing. ESEE are decent basic knives but are very over priced IMO.
Last edited by Torakan on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 am

Army Surplus on south division & buckeye/N.Foothills has a good selection of knives and may be able to order what they don't have.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

sirtirithon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: M1A
Next Firearm: Glock 20SF

Post by sirtirithon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Cabelas has ESEE knives in stock. Crazy expensive though. I heard rumor Sportsman's Warehouse will be getting them in soon. They currently carry Top's knives which IMO are as good as ESEE. It is too bad the brick and mortar stores can't compete a bit better with online prices. I'd happily pay $10-15 more but from what I've seen they are around $30-45 higher priced.
NRA Member
GOA Member
GSSF Member
Glock Certified Armorer

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:09 am

Torakan wrote:Nothing local for ESEE. Best to order on line for Lower pricing. ESEE are decent basic knives but are very over priced IMO.

Here's a website where you can order one and prices look pretty good compared to mwhat Cabelas sells them for. Note that some of their knives come with sheaths and others do not.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--All-ESEE--421
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

Torakan
SGT Premium Supporter
City: CDA
Favorite Firearm: AAC MPW
Next Firearm: Uzi/MP5/Mac-10

Post by Torakan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 am

ron wrote:
Torakan wrote:Nothing local for ESEE. Best to order on line for Lower pricing. ESEE are decent basic knives but are very over priced IMO.

Here's a website where you can order one and prices look pretty good compared to mwhat Cabelas sells them for. Note that some of their knives come with sheaths and others do not.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--All-ESEE--421

Blade HQ is my go to on-line source for knives. I spend so much there they think I'm a retailer! My comment on being over priced has more to do with marketing vs materials vs cost. IMO you can get a better knife, made with better steel, from other manufacturers. Another side issue, is that both ESEE and TOPS don't manufacture their own products. ESEE and TOPS both used Rowen Manufacturing in Boise and I believe ESEE still does. Before that ESEE knives were produced by Ontario Knife Co, and Ontario still produces those knives under the RAT (Randall Adventure and Training) brand. Jeff Randall renamed his company ESEE after a number of contract disputes and law suites. ESEE branded knives are decent working blades, but IMO, you can find better options in the $100-$200 market.
Iraq Combat Veteran
Infantry Master Gunner
US Army Retired