Anyone own a Beretta or Browning over/under?

Discuss all things rifles and shotguns...
Nutntoit
Global Moderator
City: Valleyford
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Glock 19
Next Firearm: ??
SGT Supporter: Yes

Anyone own a Beretta or Browning over/under?

Post by Nutntoit » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04 pm

I am interested in getting an over under shotgun for upland hunting. I have narrowed it down to a Beretta, Browning, or CZ. There are a few models of each brand that I like. I understand that fit is a big deal when it comes to shotguns. I would really like to fire some guns before I drop that kind of money. The only O/U I have much experience with is a Browning Superposed. My question is, is there anywhere I can shoot some of these guns? Or maybe anyone that wouldn't mind me putting a few rounds through theirs?

Doug Helton
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: side by side shotgun
Next Firearm: any 32

Re: Anyone own a Beretta or Browning over/under?

Post by Doug Helton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 pm

The CZ is not in the same quality range as the Beretta/Browning , the field grade citori's are dimensionally the same as the superposed guns . I have a browning you could shoot but no beretta , generally speaking the beretta guns have a higher comb than the brownings . Both good guns pick the one that fits , you are on the right path shooting them first

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 pm

I know that the CZs are not as nice, they were just the only other brand that I thought fit well. Thanks for the offer to shoot your gun, I sent you a PM.

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 am

I would stay away from Beretta based on customer service being next to none. I'll never purchase another Beretta product again.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:16 am

Any Beretta guys out there?

high country
Serious Gun Trader
City: otis orchards
Favorite Firearm: I build what I want
Next Firearm: my build

Post by high country » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

I have a silver pigeon grade 5 beretta. It's a very nice shotgun. I own several high end shotguns and the beretta is very well made and the standard for weight/balance.

Their customer service is horrible. They are a pain in the axx to deal with, which I learned first hand when I bought a lame sako.

Cz is a great gun for the money, but not the same class as beretta. .....not even close. They are a good buy and should serve you well for 10k rounds, but the beretta should do the same for 100 k rounds.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have only been able to find 1 silver pigeon to handle locally, but it was a very nice gun. That's sad to hear about their poor customer service.

BigDeeeeeeee
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hauser
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: Blaser F3
Next Firearm: CZ TSO or Sig P210

Post by BigDeeeeeeee » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Nutntoit wrote:Thanks for the responses. I have only been able to find 1 silver pigeon to handle locally, but it was a very nice gun. That's sad to hear about their poor customer service.
Cabelas had a silver pigeon sporting model in the library as of a few days ago. I fondled it a little. :shock:

Just because their CS may be lacking doesn't mean that you can't get it fixed should something come up. https://www.colegun.com/
Darren

Northerner
City: Springdale
Favorite Firearm: All of them
Next Firearm: ????

Post by Northerner » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:39 pm

I have shot a number of Berettas and a few Brownings. The Brownings have been a couple Citori's and a 425 Sporting. I always felt the Brownings kicked me worse than the Berettas. Maybe just my size and they way they fit me. I'm 5'10" 190 Lbs. That changed somewhat this past summer when I shot a Browning 725 sporting. That gun felt much better with similar loads, in fact I thought the felt recoil was less than my Winchester 101 and I hit sporting clays birds with it very effectively. All the Citoris and 425 Sporting feel to me like they kick much harder than my Winchester. This is all comparing on the same days with the same ammo over the past 10-15 years. I don't own a Beretta, but have shot a number of them. Mostly 686's and a 682 as well as an autoloader. Berettas just fit me well, I have shot them all well and my felt recoil with them has been low. I am considering upgrading my sporting clays gun to one of the mid range options and would have never considered the Browning until I shot the 725. I still need to shoot the new 692 Beretta before I make up my mind. That is my experience hope it helps.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:45 pm

BigDeeeeeeee wrote:
Nutntoit wrote:Thanks for the responses. I have only been able to find 1 silver pigeon to handle locally, but it was a very nice gun. That's sad to hear about their poor customer service.
Cabelas had a silver pigeon sporting model in the library as of a few days ago. I fondled it a little. :shock:

Just because their CS may be lacking doesn't mean that you can't get it fixed should something come up. https://www.colegun.com/
That's actually the same one I found haha and as far as customer service I would 9 times out of 10 just pay to take it to a gunsmith before I sent it to the manfcurer anyway. I hate waiting and paying for shipping.

BigDeeeeeeee
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by BigDeeeeeeee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Any updates? Did you find any to try?
Darren

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 pm

BigDeeeeeeee wrote:Any updates? Did you find any to try?
I did. I shot a couple Browning guns. Both shot very well for me. I still haven't purchased anything as my money is tied up right now. I would like to shoot a Beretta and a Red label before I decide what I want to get.

BigDeeeeeeee
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by BigDeeeeeeee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 am

Nutntoit wrote:
I did. I shot a couple Browning guns. Both shot very well for me. I still haven't purchased anything as my money is tied up right now. I would like to shoot a Beretta and a Red label before I decide what I want to get.
I'm in the same boat, I'm looking to get one for skeet, 5 stand and it's hard to spend that kind of money without trying a few.
Darren

high country
Serious Gun Trader

Post by high country » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 am

Nutntoit wrote:

The red label is a very nice looking gun, but it's heavy and the trunion design will shoot loose much sooner than the typical design. It's a great gun, but the extra heft will wear on you. I've had a few and never knew what the difference was until I stepped up into the next tier of guns. I would buy one over a cz, and I would buy one to hunt......but not to just go burn ammo on clays.

high country
Serious Gun Trader

Post by high country » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 am

Don't be afraid of skb or winchester shotguns, they make some nice stuff that will stand up to what you want.

Nutntoit
Global Moderator

Post by Nutntoit » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

high country wrote:Don't be afraid of skb or winchester shotguns, they make some nice stuff that will stand up to what you want.
I would like to try out a Winchester 101. It's my understanding that they are built in Belgium by FN just as the brownings used to be.