Best place to go trap shooting

Discuss Trap / Skeet Shooting...
Glen B
Rookie Member
City: Spokane

Best place to go trap shooting

Post by Glen B » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello,

I am just getting started with trap shooting was wondering where the best place to go was. Spokane Gun Club seems very reasonably priced .. Any other places around Spokane..

Glen B

Wigeon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Beretta AL 390
Next Firearm: Ruger 10/22 tactical
SGT Supporter: Yes

Re: Best place to go trap shooting

Post by Wigeon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Spokane gun club is probably the best place in my opinion, especially if it is close to you.
Kill em and grill em, whack em and stack em

roger
SGT Premium Supporter
Favorite Firearm: I like them all
Next Firearm: S&W 686

Post by roger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Wigeon wrote:Spokane gun club is probably the best place in my opinion, especially if it is close to you.
+1 If you plan on shooting there a lot become a member, the price per round drops quite a bit. Also if you are a member you can volunteer your time and get credit that can be used towards tokens.
I have been shooting out there for many years and everyone has always been friendly and helpful if you have any questions.

Edit: Also if you are a first time shooter and don't want to be around a lot of other people, be sure to check the calendar on their web site. When they have league shoots it can get very busy at times, and they usually only leave one open for the public during those times. On the days that there are not leagues and only public shooting they usually have 2 - singles, 1-doubles, and 1- wobbles open. If you go there early you can often have them all to yourself.

paintguy
SGT Premium Supporter

Post by paintguy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:55 pm

roger wrote:
Wigeon wrote:Spokane gun club is probably the best place in my opinion, especially if it is close to you.
+1 If you plan on shooting there a lot become a member, the price per round drops quite a bit. Also if you are a member you can volunteer your time and get credit that can be used towards tokens.
I have been shooting out there for many years and everyone has always been friendly and helpful if you have any questions.

Edit: Also if you are a first time shooter and don't want to be around a lot of other people, be sure to check the calendar on their web site. When they have league shoots it can get very busy at times, and they usually only leave one open for the public during those times. On the days that there are not leagues and only public shooting they usually have 2 - singles, 1-doubles, and 1- wobbles open. If you go there early you can often have them all to yourself.
www.spokanerifleclub.org Website is very easy to navigate.
Feel free to drop by and look around. Very nice facilities and a great place to shoot.
paintguy

Wigeon
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane Valley
Favorite Firearm: Beretta AL 390
Next Firearm: Ruger 10/22 tactical

Post by Wigeon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:59 pm

No not Spokane rifle club, Spokane gun club. All they have is shotgun ranges, trap and skeet. It is out in green acres, towards liberty lake.
Kill em and grill em, whack em and stack em

glenns
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Greenacres
Favorite Firearm: SA_Glocks
Next Firearm: 1911

Post by glenns » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Spokane Rifle Club (north spokane) has trap shooting on Thursday 11-2 pm and Saturday 11-2 pm. Also open now on Sunday. Winter league starts in January. All levels of shooters can enter Winter Shoot. Good times.

Rambomber
Rookie Member
City: Sprague
Favorite Firearm: XD45
Next Firearm: AR-10

Post by Rambomber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 pm

I would encourage you to try any of the smaller gun clubs in the surrounding communities. Practically every small town outside of Spokane has a Gun Club, and will welcome you and your family with open arms (unless you're looking for free daycare, lol...) Expect a less "formal" atmosphere, and get to know some nice people who enjoy getting together on Sunday mornings for the Spokesman Shoot. Many special shoots are held -- money shoots, meat shoots, turkey shoots, etc. I'm confident you'll find the little extra drive worthwhile.