myk3e
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: M&P 9
SGT Supporter: Yes

New to Trap Shooting

Post by myk3e » Tue May 19, 2015 9:56 am

Just started trapshooting and loving it. Only thing that is driving me crazy is how inconsistent my score is. The best I have managed so far is 18 out of 25. Lately it has gotten worse. Averaging around 13. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I would like to find someone to tag along with and get some pointers. Any takers?

raycemiller24
Rookie Member
City: Spokane
Favorite Firearm: Moisen Nagant
Next Firearm: T-bolt Browing .22

Re: New to Trap Shooting

Post by raycemiller24 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Howdy! Glad to hear you are starting to trap shoot. Great sport! How old are ya? I have been trap shooting for about 5 years now, and I would be willing to help you out with some pointers. I am 20 years old but have held consist scores and been able to win a lot of money and a lot of trophies in my time shooting. There are fairly simple things that can improve your score but the biggest thing is practice. If you still have questions pm me!

casten_nukes
Serious Gun Trader
City: Coeur d alene
State: Idaho
Favorite Firearm: Sig M18
Next Firearm: GLOCK!!!

Post by casten_nukes » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:21 am

Same here. I'm looking at getting into the sport as well and would appreciate some insight and knowledge.

trapshooter
City: Coeur D Alene
Favorite Firearm: 1911
Next Firearm: 1911

Post by trapshooter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:34 am

The best thing to do is make sure your shotgun fits you properly..check thingds like your LOP and your POA..if you will try different shotguns you will see what I mean..a good fitting shotgun only needs one thing..you pulling the trigger at the right moment..